chapter 1

Something

The first time ever that I realized I've given my heart out to someone was the time I realized that I was not going to see him again.The last day of school was filled with happy chatterings between friends because, finally, school ended.That day, I was searching for him,not to talk to him.I just wanted him to look at me and I did found him.He was also happily chatting with his friends and with that happy face and all smiles, it made me smile too.Seeing him happy made me want to have fun.But I was a coward. I could not gather any courage to go and talk to him.He was not doing anything that day.I could just go and wished him good luck for his life.Yet what I did was only watch him pack up his things and left the scene.Once he left, I could clearly feel the emptiness.And I also left knowing that there's going to be no more 'something' to look forward to.

And I felt it for the second time.The time I saw him after 8 years since I last saw him.He's more handsome and he got taller and I was so close to call out his name but someone beat me to it. A honey-like voice called out his name from behind me and I was shocked and confused.It wasn't me,But he turned and his eyes met mine for a few seconds and I thought he knew me.I thought something clicked in his mind,telling him that I'm the girl from his highschool.Until the eye-contact broke and I saw him looking at the girl that was walking towards him in a fast pace.How eager she was to meet him and to be close to him. I thought she was just a friend and I still stood a chance but when I saw him wrapping his arms around the girl's petite waist, I knew she was someone special to him.

During highshool, he was not someone that's friendly with the girls.And he was teased a lot because of that.To see him being that close to a girl could only mean one thing.That girl won his heart.I was still standing there,unable to move my feet.My brain told me to turn and walk away but I kept on standing there watching him and that girl being all lovey-dovey.It felt like I was being burnt and I could literally feel the heat.Some tiny beads of sweat started forming on my forehead from the intense heat.I must have looked like a fool for people was looking at me,wondering what was I doing being frozen there.And the couple disappeared from my sight.The thought shopping to relax was cancelled and I walked back home.

The only thing that was on my mind after seeing the unwanted was 'Is it too late?'