I'm From Busan

I Want To Die For You

 

Cold and breezing night air blown through the concretes jungle in the most concentrated city in South Korea, although it was just entered Autumn. The city streets were still full of peoples although it was already eleven at night. A room in one of the Seoul city’s neighbourhood was still light-on; a couple was enjoying their last night of honeymoon’s holiday in the living room, watching the newest romance movie together. It was very harmony night until the door slammed noise came from their front door and a dark figure appeared on the wide-opened door. Before the couple could react, a shot from the gun was heard through the room, but it was not a loud one because the gun was already put-on silencer.

After a second, another shot was heard again and this time it attracted the neighbourhood. The opposite house’s guy was the first one to come out and looked for that ‘strange’ noise in that midnight, but he could only see the opposite’s house door widely opened and the couple was lying in the living room, covered by blood from their body. He also saw a dark figure ran passed the emergency stairs door, a few meters away.

**************

“Good morning, Sir. This way please.” A mid-thirty detective was leaded by his man to the crime scene.

“What do we got here? Oh, a young couple. What a waste, the girl is so young and beautiful. What’s so serious until killing them?” The detective walked into the living room.

“Sir, according to the identity from their identity cards, the guy is Jung Min Beak, 28 years old, and the girl is Park Jing Hwa, 24 years old. And according to the neighbours, they are a new married couple. The neighbours don’t know about their background because they hardly have any conversation with the neighbours since they moved in here two months ago.” A uniformed police came in with a note in his hand, full with notes of basic information of the dead couple.

“How about the witness? Any one saw the killer?” the head detective asked.

“Only the guy over there, who stay in the opposite house, saw the back of the possible killer. He came out from his house after he heard the second shot.” The police pointed to the guy who was been asking by the other detective.

“What is the cause of death, Mr Hoe?” the detective turned his attention to the forensic doctor who was just done his checking on the bodies.

“From the basic check, the shot was straight to their heart causing the heart failed in few seconds and death in a minute. I believe that it was done by the professional killer because there is about few meters from the door to here and he still can shot straight to their heart. But I need to do the detail check back in the lab.” Mr Hoe pulled his gloves out.

“I think you should go and look on the cool guy in the emergency stairway, looking for any possible clues left behind. He said that he is the new member of your group.” Mr Hoe continued while he ordering his man to carry the death body out to his lab.

“Mwo? Why is he here and who asked him to go to check out by himself? He should at least wait for my order. Aish, what a newbie? Called him here now!” The head detective hand-on his waist as his anger built up.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mr Kim Se Won. I’m Jung Yong Hwa, senior inspector from Busan, will be joining under you start from today.” A tall, handsome and cool man came in from the front door just after the call was heard from inside.

“Jung Yong Hwa-ssi, why are you here? You should be reporting to me today morning first, not coming here by your own. Anyway, do you find anything from the stairway?” Mr Kim, the superintendent said with an un-smiled face.

“I’m sorry, Mr Kim. But I was in nearby area when I found out about this and I can’t hold myself to not coming in, furthermore it was already past twelve midnight. By the way, I found a hat was left over at the bottom of the stairway and I believe that was belonged to the killer. He might drop the hat when he was rushing out from the building. I had passed it to the forensic team for further investigation.” Yong Hwa pointed to the hat in the bag, held by a crime scene investigator.

“But it also can be dropped by other resident there, why do you so sure about that belong to the killer?” Mr Kim questioned.

“Because the stairway usage was prohibited by the landlord here. If there is no any emergency happened, the residents was should not go through the stairway. So, it can only be left over by the killer.” Yong Hwa explained his point.

“How about the children? They could play there and the hat was left there while they played.” Mr Kim still not very assure with Yong Hwa.

“I had thought about that before but after the double-check was done at the stairway, I found out that the stairway was full with dust and there is only a pair of shoe-print there and the hat was not full with dust like the stairway. So it further supported that the hat should be belonged to the killer but everything have to wait for the confirmation from the investigation.” Yong Hwa continued to explain.

“Alright then, we are pretty much done here. Let’s head back to headquarter now, bring the witness with us.” Mr Kim nodded to Yong Hwa’s explanation and ordered the others.

************

“Yong Hwa-ssi, let’s meet your teammate. The tallest guy there is Lee Jung Shin, he is the youngest in the team but he is also the most talkative in the team.” Mr Kim pointed to the tall, young guy at the furthest left. The team was back in their headquarter, back from the crime scene.

“Annyeonghaseyo, nice to meet you.” The two tall guys smiled and greeted each other.

“And the second one is Shin Dong Hee but he prefers to call by Shin Dong only. He is the comedian in the team and he is also the top shooter in the team.” Mr Kim continued.

“Annyeonghaseyo.”

“The last one here is Cho Kyu Hyun. He is also senior inspector like you and I hope you two could make a good pair in future.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, nice to meet you too.” The two senior inspectors shook hand.

 “There is another one member absent today, I will introduce to you tomorrow when she is here and she is the only girl member in this team. She is good in computer and technology, just name it and she know everything as long as it involved the technology.” Mr Kim turned to face Yong Hwa.

“I’m Jung Yong Hwa, from Busan. I hope we can work together as a perfect group in future.” Yong Hwa introduced himself to his new teammates with his normal cool look.

“Let’s discuss on today’s case. Everyone said out your found and your opinion on this case. Kyu Hyun, you start first.” Mr Kim stopped awhile then continued.

“Ne. I had went to ask most of the neighbours at the same floor and everyone said that they heard two low shot sounds but they didn’t realised it before the last shot was heard. No one saw the killer’s face or the event fully. That’s all I have until now. Shin Dong and I will further questioning the witness later.” Kyu Hyun took his notebook out and summarised it.

“I guess the neighbours were not a big help in this. Shin Dong, how about you?” Mr Kim turned to Shin Dong.

“I went to ask the nearby residents but none of them saw the potential killer. They didn’t know there is a murder happened until they saw polices there. But there is one statement that I’m focused in. An old man lived opposite the crime scene building said that he saw there is a woman come to his shop every day since the last two weeks and she would always asked about the couple but she never went to meet them, not even once. My intuition tells me that the woman must have known them before and maybe she is somehow involved with this case.” Shin Dong stood up and faced the others.

“Then, does the old uncle recognise the woman? Does she have any special recognisable traits?” Mr Kim asked in excitement as the woman might be a big leap for the case.

“The old uncle said that he couldn’t recognise any of her traits but he said that he will recognise her in person for sure if he got another chance to meet her again. I already give him my phone number, for him to call me as soon as he saw that woman again.” Shin Dong replied.

“Okay. Your turn, maknae.” Mr Kim turned to Jung Shin, this time.

“I followed Min Hyuk around the crime scene but we didn’t find anything that believed to be connected with the killer until Yong Hwa hyeong called us from the stairway. He passed the hat to Min Hyuk and asked him to take a print on the only shoe-print there for further investigation.” Jung Shin said.

“I see. Now, everyone tell me what you think about this case. Anyone first?” Mr Kim asked.

“I think this should be connected with the couple relationship. I think the woman that the old uncle saw is somehow related to the couple, maybe she was the guy’s girlfriend or something close with that.” Shin Dong put up his hand and said out his thought.

“It is possible. Alright Shin Dong, you continue your investigation in that part. Anyone else?”

“But base on the shoe-print left in the stairway, the killer should be a well-built guy. The size of the shoe-print was bigger than mine.” Yong Hwa protested.

“But we also couldn’t confirm that the shoe-print was belonged to the killer, so it was too fast to set the killer as a man.” Shin Dong was still thought that the woman was involved in the case.

“Shin Dong, I agree with Yong Hwa-ssi. Mr Kim, based on the testimony from the witness, the shadow he saw in the stairway is a tall guy so we can confirm that the killer is a guy. But I didn’t say that the woman was not involved in this case, maybe the killer was paid by her to kill the couple.” Kyu Hyun said.

“I think Kyu Hyun was right. Shin Dong, you continue in your investigation on that woman. Jung Shin will help you in that. Kyu Hyun, I want you to go to see the witness guy again and if you still got some free time please re-visit the crime scene again with Shin Dong and Jung Shin, to see if we left out some tiny evidences. Yong Hwa, I want you to go to follow up the investigation from the crime lab. Alright, everyone dismiss.” Mr Kim said as he walked out from the meeting room.

“Yes sir!” All four said it together.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Annyeonghaseyo everyone... Here come my second story on YongSeo. Hope that you like it...