001

Beautiful Moments

Jung Jaein, Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Seo Miyeon please report to the principal's office immediately. 

 Namjoon walked out from his classroom, encountering Seokjin on his way to the office.

"Hey, do you know why we are being called up?" Seokjin asked.

Namjoon shook his head, "You know just because I am part of student council doesn't mean I know everything."

"You are also ranked number one through out the whole school," Seokjin pointed out. "I envy you."

"Says the person who is well liked by almost all of the girl population in this school," Namjoon countered.

"Only because I'm handsome."

"Are you really admitting that yourself?"

"Well, the only thing I'm confident in is my face," Seokjin replied.

"Wow, you-" Namjoon stopped mid sentence as they turned the corner, he noticed a familiar girl who was walking ahead of them going the same direction. The girl, whose long black hair covered her face as walking with her head tilted down.

"Jaein," Namjoon called her name, making her turn to look at him. "You're going to the office right?"

Jaein turned towards him, nodded and not saying anything else before quickly looking away.

Namjoon smiled, "Let's go together." Namjoon tries to be friendly with everyone in school. Even though Jaein rarely says anything and seems unapproachable to many people. He always tries to be a friend with his friendly gestures every time he encountered her. Even though he had not succeed, he thinks it is an improvement comparing to when she just ignored him.

The three of them reached the main office. 

As they entered, they met eyes with two figures.

Min Yoongi and Seo Miyeon.

Min Yoongi, the kid with headphones sleeping at the back of the class.

Seo Miyeon, the most popular and prettiest girl in school. 

Yoongi stood leaning against the wall, while Miyeon sat in one of the chairs looking at her phone.

Seo Miyeon looked towards them, "Hey" she said greeting them with a friendly smile before puting her phone away.

Min Yoongi, on the other hand, did not even look at them. Most of the time, he wore an expressionless look on his face, similar to Jaein, but more intimidating. 

 The office lady walked up to them,"You are all here, you may go into the principal's office. Principal Jang would like to see you." She said gesturing them towards the principal's office.

Namjoon turned the knob of the door, revealing the principal sitting at his desk in a black suit.

"You may come in," he said giving a welcoming smile. 

The five of them stood next to each other in front of his desk.

"You're all probably wonder why you're here. The reason why you're here is because specially selected for this special school project for the second semester of your senior year before you graduate. "

They looked at him with confused expressions on their faces. The same thoughts popped up in their heads.

What is he saying?

Special school project?

Specially selected? 

 "Principal Jang, " said Namjoon breaking the silence. "Why were we chosen for this?

"I can't tell you right now,  I am sure you will figure it out when you complete it."

"What is the project about?" Miyeon asked. 

"Ahh, I almost forgot," Principal Jang chuckled. "During the time span of about four months,  you will be capturing the beautiful moments and reality in each other and your own life. You just interpret it your own way."

"So... we're just taking pictures? Then why did need the whole semester? " Miyeon asked, confused.  

"I'm giving you the whole semester,  but who knows you might end up extending it."

"What if we don't want to do it," Yoongi said out of nowhere. Everyone stared at him because he rarely says anything. 

"Well, you don't need too, but you will be given credit if you complete this. You might need it," replied Principal Jang. "There is nothing else I can tell you. You are all dismissed. You can pick up your Polaroid cameras at the front desk."

 After they walked out, they picked their cameras.

"Should we take our first picture?" Namjoon asked. Looking at their expressions, they are clearly not too enthusiastic about it.

"Smile!" Namjoon said holding the camera up.

 

Snap!

 

Namjoon was crouching down in front of them with a huge grin on his face. Miyeon was smiling,  holding up a peace sign and Seokjin shows his handsome smile. While Yoongi and Jaein wore their usual expressionless look on their faces. 

 "Ok, so now let's take individual photos and write a little message. Something you guys can look back at the end of this project. Let's put some sincerity into this," said Namjoon. "Oh, and before I forget, could you guys give me your phone numbers? I'll send all your numbers to each other, so we can keep in contact."

"Namjoon, I'm kind of busy." Sighs and reluctance left their mouths.

"Come on guys, this will only take a minute and you can leave since school is over."

"Fine," they reluctantly did as they were told.

Yoongi was the first to finish, wanting to leaving as soon as possible. Miyeon finished after him walking over to Namjoon her photo. "Text me, our next meeting, " she said smiling before leaving.

Namjoon turned back, looking at Seokjin. "Wait, where is Jaein?"

"She left," said Seokjin holding out two photo cards. "She gave me hers. I'm done too. You don't need to worry about it though. We already have her phone number when we were partners for Chemistry."

Namjoon nodded, "Yeah I know, but I didn't get to say bye."

 Seokjin placed his hand on his friend's shoulder, "I don't think that matters at the moment. We should get going too," he said pulling his friend towards hallway.