Towns person B has it's own kind of awesomness

Tonari no Bangtan Sonyeodan

Do you ever feel like your friend are over achievers?

 

That you are the only normal one?

 

The one with the perfect family and average grades, and overall just above average at everything? Nothing you are horrible at like; cooking or amazing at like Volleyball?

 

Sometimes you wonder when you became more excited over other people's achievement over your own, like when he got into that prestigious cooking school with that ‘Tongue God?’ or when he went to Nationals for volley ball, like there wasn’t even a boys volleyball club in middle school.

 

Or when you hurt more for others than yourself because let’s face it there is nothing to be sad about but when his mother died and he stopped playing piano or when his sister died but then he went back in time and well basically his sister came back but for a good amount of time he was depressed.

 

Why didn’t you do anything cool like become one of the knights of the round or try taking over you home countries empire, Why couldn’t you even be all kuudere and be all stoic and badass but no you are normal.

 

***

 

That’s what Jungkook thinks. All he has ever done was watch people over achieve. Have IQ of 148 but wants to be a rapper, have one of his other friends be scouted as a model, the other two are training to be idols one as a rapper, the other a vocalist but mainly dancers, and the last is the school play boy a handsome face, an amazing personality and you know girl's will be all over you, so there Jungkook is in what's known as the ‘perfect group’ of 5 over achievers and one him. Jungkook is not really angry because why would he be angry at people who were amazing it wasn’t their fault he was born normal but to say he was happy about it was completely different he wanted someone to look at him.

 

“Hey Jungkook right?” someone calls out for him, he recognizes him as part of student council but nothing else he kinds of just blends in nothing special about him, but Jungkook thinks he’s really pretty you wouldn’t notice with how well he blends in with crowds but when he is actually in front of you, Jungkook’s breath hitches he doesn’t know why he is acting like this he has seen pretty girls and guys but this guy draws him with his lips naturally curling upwards at the very end like a cat, and small almond eyes looking up because he is shorter, his skin is paler than his and his heir is black, not even hints of brown when the sunlight shines on him.

 

“What?” Jungkook says blindly.

 

“Ahh!~ Sorry is your name not Jungkook I heard one of your friends calling you that!” The guy says bowing quickly his face beet red because he just called his crush someone else's name.

 

“Ahh! No! No! My name is Jungkook” Jungkook says eyes going bigger as he waves his hands in front of him trying to get him to stop bowing.

 

“Oh Thank god that would have been really embarrassing” The guy says with a smile and it’s probably the cutest thing he’s ever seen.

 

“Oh yeah….” Jungkook pauses because he doesn’t know his name.

 

“Oh yeah umm… It’s ok no one really knows me anyways… I’m Yoongi… ah-ah Min Yoongi” He says rubbing the back of his neck shyly, because what’s socializing?

 

“Y-Yeah Hi Yoongi…” Jungkook looks away perplexed by having someone talk to him.

 

“Can I ask you something?” Yoongi says looking away, eyes casted to the side it looks like he is staring at Taehyung, Jungkook frowns a little but he is used to it by now.

 

“Sorry he is straight I know he tried dating guys before but nope straight as a stick” Jungkook says like a practiced speech. Yoongi jumps up at what he says and Jungkook would be lying if he said he didn’t find it adorable.

 

“Ahh what? Taehyung? Umm… No he is really handsome but he is too out there” Yoongi says with a scowl.

 

“Then why a-”

 

“I actually wanted to speak to you, about you and I wanted…” Yoongi says forcing his mouth shut when he finds out he interrupted him, Jungkook’s face turns beet red when Yoongi says he wanted to talk to him, not any of his over achieving friends but him.

 

“What did you want to ask?

 

“I really like you!”

 

They both say it at the same time and both look away blushing.

 

“I really like you Jungkook… and I know you don’t know me but I’d like us to get to know each other if that's alright” Yoongi says looking down steam fuming out his ears but Jungkook wasn’t any better really.

 

“Umm… Yeah ok… Cool… sure, yeah can I get your number?” Jungkook berates himself for sounding so flustered only to try and sound cool.

 

“Umm yeah here” Yoongi takes Jungkook’s phone which he subconsciously pulled out because when did he have his phone out? Jungkook suddenly freezes because he remembers the prank Taehyung pulled on him by changing his wallpaper to himself shirtless that Taehyung somehow got when they were changing for P.E.

 

Jungkook is about to pull the phone back but all he can see is Yoongi’s face turning dark red, but still typing out his number, trying to seem like everything is okay. When he gives back his phone his face is a tomato but so is Jungkook’s as he tries to explain but his voice is stuck in his throat.

 

“Umm.. I’ll text y-”

 

“That was a prank… Umm Taehyung did it I just forgot to change it and umm I don’t really use my phone anyways so I kinda forgot but that’s not how I really am I’m pretty sure he photoshopped it… like no way my body is that nice don’t get your hopes up” Jungkook wants to slap himself. Not only did he interrupt Yoongi, but it sounded like he was fishing for compliments, plus he made it seem like Yoongi was think of his body and he was rambling and it’s so uncool.

 

“Umm it’s ok I’ll text you later” Yoongi says as the bell rings but there is still a smile on his lips.

 

“Umm yeah ok”

 

To say the least Jungkook’s friends were there the whole time and wonder how to people can be so awkward in life sighs escaping them because that was the most awkward conversation ever.

 

***

 

After about four more cringe worthy dates of stuttering and fillers and having Jungkook call Taehyung for conversation starters, Jungkook and Yoongi are finally getting the hang of it. Meeting in front of the gate so they can walk home together, Yoongi joining them for lunch, both of them texting each other to make sure they were okay, but apparently not himself.

 

To: Jungkook

 

Have you eaten yet it’s almost 3

 

To: Yoongi

 

No : (

 

To: Jungkook

 

You have to eat it’s not healthy!

 

To: Yoongi

 

Have you eaten?

 

To: Jungkook

 

 

Wanna meet up for a snack?

 

***

Yoongi is apparently two years older so when he get’s a call after he drops Yoongi at home a simple goodbye kiss as a parting gift he is surprised to see Yoongi’s caller I.D on his phone as it vibrates in his hands.

 

“Yoongi?”

 

“Jungkook! I got my letter!” Everything clicks in Jungkook’s head.

 

“Oh my god! Open it! Open it Yoongi” Jungkook says sounding more eager than Yoongi himself.

 

“Ok Ok wait” Jungkook can hear the paper tearing and he is practically jumping up and down.

 

“What does it say?”

 

“I got in!” Yoongi says like a whisper Jungkook shouts so happy until he realises he is still outside and people are staring.

 

“People are staring aren’t they?” Yoongi asks a bit teasingly because Jungkook’s shout was so loud Yoongi almost dropped his phone.

 

“Shut up!” Jungkook says and Yoongi laughs at how cute Jungkook is.

 

“Anyways what about you? You planning to study abroad as well?” Yoongi asks and Jungkook frowns a bit because why are they talking about him when Yoongi obviously deserves praise.

 

“You just got into the LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS! Why are we talking about me?”

 

“Well because this is irrelevant to me.”

 

***

Have you ever felt like a side character in your own story? Well Jungkook and Yoongi are both side characters to their stories but they're okay with that because Yoongi is Jungkook’s main character and Jungkook is Yoongi’s protagonist and as long as both of them know it, well they are happy.

 

Jungkook and Yoongi are happy because Side character always have the happy ending or a horrible ending let’s hope it’s not the latter.



 

      Hey sorry I'm not posting the jikook I just watched Haikyuu! and hinata said this and it just stuck to me also because maybe I feel a bit like that... my beast friend is auditioning for sm's global auditions and what am i doing? so yeah i'll try to post regularly but with school idk hope you enjoy! please comment if you know which anime's i was talking about earlier I wanna fangirl!! anyways baiiiii