I'm You

I'm You [Drabble]

Minseok smiled as Chen poked his mouth with the chopsticks trying to get him to eat.

“Come on hyung you have to! We’ve been practicing so much lately and I haven’t seen you eat in a while.” He urged and Minseok sighed and parted his lips letting the other feed him.

“Alright I guess I can’t be mad at my baby for trying to take care of me.” He chuckled and Chen rolled his eyes and looked down but Minseok still saw the pink tint that painted his cheeks.

Starting to feed himself Minseok let his gaze wander around the practice room when it suddenly stopped on Sehun and Kai. The younger seemed to be trying to gain his attention but soon gave up and rested his head on Kai’s lap, that’s when he met Minseok’s gaze and smiled softly and gave a short wave.

Minseok returned both the smile and wave, admiring how gentle and angelic Sehun looked when he closed his eyes, starting to drift off.

Chen who had seen it all sighed and moved away a bit, not that Minseok noticed and crawled straight to Baekhyun and into his lap, said person started combing his fingers through Chen’s hair while continuing his conversation with Chanyeol.

 

 

It had continued on like that for a few months, just small little gestures between Sehun and Xiumin that looked like they meant a bit more than friendliness but nobody could really say anything since neither of them were actually doing anything wrong.

“Hyung can you pass me my phone please?” He nodded and reached over the table to grab Sehun’s phone then handed it to the younger. Just as he craned his neck to try and make the joint pop, Sehun tapped his screen a few times making it light up for a few short seconds before he pressed the side button letting it fade back to black.

But what got to Xiumin was his lock screen, it was a picture of the two of them, okay well not exactly since there was still another member in the picture but just the thought that Sehun had a picture with him in as his lock screen, something he would look at every time he checked the time or just accidently pressed the button, it warmed his heart and it spread throughout his whole body and he sighed knowing he still had yet to fully move on.

 

 

He didn’t want to mess up, he really didn’t. He might not have completely moved on from Sehun but watching Chen now, troll others then watch as his eyes lit up while the corners of his lips turned up making him look even more adorable. He had no doubts that he had feelings for the man, he just didn’t if they were enough or strong enough to overshadow his feelings for Sehun.

Then again if you’re just using someone to overshadow your feelings for someone else it really isn’t a true relationship, he sighed tiredly.

He couldn’t go on like this that’s for sure but he wasn’t ready to let of the younger yet he was the only person that was keeping him sane, so ignoring the rest of the world he walked up behind Chen and wrapped his arms around his waist, smiling contently when the younger leaned back onto his chest and laid his hands right on top of his.

“You okay hyung?” Chen whispered as if speaking any louder would break their little bubble, Xiumin nodded and buried his face where Chen’s neck met his shoulder.

“Just tired.”    

 The younger hummed and lead them over to a corner then sat down and pulled Xiumin down with him letting the elder lay his head down on his lap.

“Get some rest then hyung, I’ll wake you up when our break is over.” He nodded and turned around, burying his face into Chen’s sweater and closing his eyes.

 

 

It was late at night and Xiumin was heading to Baekhyun’s room since the younger said he wanted to show him something, he stopped right in front of his door hearing soft sniffles and he peeked in to see Sehun on Baekhyun’s lap crying silently while Baekhyun was running his fingers through his hair trying to calm him down.

“Are you sure? Maybe you should think it through some more.”

Xiumin was startled when Sehun suddenly jumped up, off Baekhyun’s lap, and started wiping at his tears that wouldn’t stop falling making him want to just walk right in and wipe them for him.

“I have! This relationship is useless hyung!” He walked to the bed next to Baekhyun and sat down. “I’m not happy, I never was.”

Baekhyun stood up and for a split second Xiumin could’ve sworn he was looking at him until his gaze fluttered back over to Sehun as he sat down next to him.

“Listen I just want what’s best for you, if this really isn’t what you want and it never made you happy then shouldn’t feel guilty or anything for leaving.”

Xiumin’s heart dropped, what were they talking about? Was Sehun thinking about leaving them as well?

His worries were quickly put to rest as Sehun sighed and wiped his eyes looking down to the floor.

“It’s for the best Kai will be happier without me, that’s not what’s got me so upset anyway.” He mumbled and Baekhyun tilted his head in confusion.

“Then what is it?”

“Hyung still doesn’t notice me.”

 

 

Xiumin had never figured out what happened two weeks ago in Baekhyun’s shared room. Baekhyun and Sehun never talked about it therefore he didn’t either since he technically wasn’t supposed to be there in the first place.

A week ago it was announced to the rest that Sehun and Kai had broken up, everyone was shocked, even Baekhyun was a bit surprised.

Xiumin didn’t really know why, sure half the time Kai didn’t seem to pay attention to Sehun and was always on his phone but the times that he did they seemed happy, Sehun’s eyes always shone brighter and smile was always wider. So he was genuinely confused as to where their relationship went wrong until one day after dance practice he had gone back to the studio with the intention of telling Kai they were leaving and asking him if he was going to leave with them or stay a little longer.

However that was forgotten as he opened the door and instead of seeing Kai dancing he saw him pressed against the wall by Taemin. The two were sharing a sweet kiss and he could see how Kai tried to pull him close not wanting any space between them.

He left quickly and all the pieces came falling into place.

 

 

“Do you know why Sehun and Kai broke up?” Deciding not to say anything he shook his head and Chen frowned wanting to know why their two youngest had spilt. Everyone seemed to want to know the answer to that except for Baekhyun, probably because he already did.

Then suddenly Chen sighed and moved his head away from his chest.

“Listen hyung we can’t keep doing this.” Then his world started crumbling down around him for the second time as he slightly shook his head.

“C-Chen no.”

Chen however stood up and looked around the empty practice room checking that they were truly alone then nodded. “It’s time.”

Xiumin scoffed and looked down bitterly. “So in the end you really didn’t love me?” Chen quickly shook his head and kneeled down in front of him, taking his hands in his own.

“You know that’s not true hyung, I have strong feelings for you but….I just can’t ignore the way you look and act around Sehun anymore it’s too much.”

“Chen that’s nothing.”

“Please don’t lie to me.”

“C-Chen please you’re stronger than me just g-give me some more time too….” He trailed off as Chen smiled fondly at him and cupped his face placing one last peck on his lips.

“Hyung…..we’ve spent so much time together and I know our feelings aren’t pretend. We fill a whole in each other’s hearts but….we don’t complete each other. I made you stronger in your time of need and you turn did the same and now I like to think we share each other’s strength you know that we do hyung. We can both walk away, we’re not fools we know that we need to let this love go just like Kai and Sehun did the only difference is that we actually have feelings for each other but even still it, it just isn’t enough and you know it.”

Xiumin looked down as a tear slipped down his cheek as he took in everything that he was saying to him, only to have his face pulled up and a kiss be pressed onto his forehead.

“Hyung you know there’s nothing left for us here in this relationship, you made me the happiest that I have ever been in a long time. And even know you’re still making my heart flutter and maybe I’ll always have a soft spot for you but…..” His gaze drifted down to the sweater he was wearing and Xiumin just took notice that it wasn’t his own but Baekhyun’s and he sighed, hurriedly wiping away the new tear that joined the last.

He directed his gaze back to Xiumin and smiled warmly. “But my feelings for Baekhyun are growing stronger each and every day and I know yours are for Sehun I see the way you look at him and care for him, and you can argue all you want hyung but you never looked at me that same way you looked at him. There was a certain level of care and understanding that I could never obtain from you no matter how hard I tried yet you gave to Sehun without him even trying.”

“I will always love you hyung in some way shape or form know that my words ring the truth, I will always love you but we’ve been in this relationship long enough, overstayed it even, and as much as it pains me to say it there’s nothing else to gain from it. So please don’t cry hyung it hurts me too, we both deserve better than this and you know it, we can’t let his go on.” He whispered as he gently Xiumin’s cheek then took a deep breath.

“We can do this hyung, together we’ll help each other move on from this, we’re both strong no scratch that we share each other’s strength so let’s not suffer together and instead help each other become better and stronger so we can love the ones who truly return our love.”

Xiumin bit his lip as he truly though about it and all that Chen was saying was honestly making sense, he had thought about it late at night but never had the confidence to let him go.

“Just….just don’t leave me.” He whispered brokenly and Chen immediately hugged him towards his chest rubbing his back soothingly.

“Never hyung….never.”

 

 

A month later found Chen and Xiumin maintaining a healthy relationship, true to their word they were there for each other, pushing the other on when would feel like giving up. Now their breakup had truly shocked the members, for them Xiumin and Chen were what they all strived to be, but they reassured everyone that it was for the best.

Xiumin had thought he imagined it but he could bet there was a flash of happiness in Sehun’s eyes at the news of their breakup before it was quickly overshadowed with a pout then the constant questions as to why they broke up.

Day by day he could see Chen and Baekhyun slowly growing closer towards each other and even though Chen had told him that he wasn’t ready to be in relationship again and that he and Baekhyun were just getting to know each other on a more personal level he still felt happy for the two as he saw how truly happy Chen was with Baekhyun.

A weight next to him snapped Xiumin out of his thoughts as he tilted his head to see Sehun and he smiled softly as Sehun returned the smile, hesitantly scooting closer. He put his arm around the back of the couch and Sehun took that as his cue, he moved closer until their knees touched then gently rested his head on his shoulder.

They stayed like that for a while, not speaking and just enjoying each other’s presence, the tv just a background noise to them when Sehun sighed and softly broke the silence.

“So….you and Chen hyung broke up.”

He stayed silent for a few more seconds before nodding. “It was for the best.”

Silence enveloped them once again, each equally as lost in both of their own thoughts until Xiumin was the one to break it this time around, asking what he wanted to ask for the past three months.

“So did you and Kai.”

Again Sehun let a few seconds go by before he answered. “But we’re old news.” He whispered as he started tracing random patterns on Xiumin’s chest.

Out of nowhere he just blurted out not even stopping to think if it would affect the younger. “I saw him kissing Taemin.”

Sehun however seemed unfazed and merely shrugged.

“They were bound to happen.” Was all he said after a moment’s pause.

The both of them out of words once again just stayed silent and stared at the screen that seemed to stay out of focus for the both of them.

Then after what seemed like an hour but was probably only twenty minutes Xiumin gathered up his courage and he moved away slightly to be able to look Sehun in the eye.

“I like you a lot Sehun…actually I think I might…even love you.” He rubbed his nape nervously as he waited for a response and was shocked when he felt a pair of lips press against his sweetly but just as quick as they came they were gone. Touching his lips he looked at Sehun shocked who only smiled widely.

“I like you too hyung or well actually I think I might…love you too.” Looking down he could tell Sehun was embarrassed. “I’m sorry the trouble I caused you hyung, I never wanted to hurt you.” He whispered.

Xiumin sighed and just pulled the younger onto his lap not even caring in the least bit, he wasn’t ready for a relationship and neither was the younger they had unintentionally caused each other so much pain it would take more than words to heal it, but right now in each other’s arms it didn’t matter.

What mattered was that they’re were in each other’s arms now, they had spoken their true feelings and even though it wouldn’t be easy to mend each other, but right now hugging each other close and just sharing an innocent moment together, that was all they needed, all that mattered. 


Hello!~ I really hope you like this one ^^ and Happy Valentine's Day as well~ <3 <3 <3 <3