01 First Encounter

Let's not fall in love

He missed the count of how many times he had cursed his decision to color his hair in overly bright tangerine swatch while was running to the end of that street. He grabbed a big hoodie that the next second he found, already hanging around his neck then slid down covering another eye-catching shirt that he wore without much thinking this morning. He wondered what was inside his head when his hand especially picked that shirt to complete his looks that day which was turn out to be such a great occasion.

He covered his head and hair with the black hoodie taking advantage of blind spot behind the wall at the intersection to be disappeared from a couple of polices who trailed him behind. He walked slower but his eyes moved faster to find a better place to hide 'cause his stamina not allowed him to run any longer. He was lucky enough to meet a labirin-like back alley that had made him much more like ninja to be tracked by a low rate police like them.

After half an hour wasted for running al over the place, He ended up in a small park with no shady trees or fluffy bushes enough to hide himself. He catch his breath and scanned around only to find a small figure siiting on a bench over the seesaw with her back facing him. Without hesitation, he walked straight then hugged her as the cops started to fill the tiny park.

 

"Are you sure he's that important..?" Said one of the police who was the last one arrived and blended with three other.

"He won't be so desperately escaping if he's not." Said someone with a higher tone that sound really close enough to be heard perfectly clear.

 

His heart was still beating extremely fast when he had unknowingly hug her tighter to calm it down without realizing the same symptoms occurred to the girl in his embrace. He anxiously tried to hide his face, he pressed his nose down to her shoulder tried to bury his face while unintentionally brushing his breath over her back. He was not supposed to be captured just yet. He had no intention to visit any police station and write down every single syllables of his name Kwon-Ji-Yong, yet.

 

"Have you check that spot beside the playing area? I think there's somebody over there." Said another policeman loud enough to be overheard by jiyong who petrified in his seat.

 

His chest moved unevenly when he heard some footsteps getting near to his place. Without much more thinking he loosened his grip on her waist then grabbed her face to catch her lips. Belatedly he could sense the creature he had captured was also shaking as crazy as him. He realized afterwards the thing was also a human -and a she, but he could care less about manner or the reason behind her tremble. He had no time to over thinking the fact when his life was also at stake.

He was never put his guard down. He stayed alert while thinking which move should be made next. He tilt his head tried to peep over his hoodie and her head without detached their lips or loosen his clasp on her. She could only dream to escape or even move 'cause jiyong grip was never easy to begin with.

The footsteps then stopped abruptly, followed with a disappointed sigh for not having what he expected. He did not enroll to run wholeheartedly to watch a romantic scene live. He then move his head to other direction in disgust tried to ignore the drama then completely engrossed in finding some orange color in the dark place. Jiyong couldn't help smirking when the policeman eventually turned his back then left the scene. Only then, he could function all his sense back - other than single thought to fled and ran away right from the stage that he had regrettably decided to stay longer back then- He had someone in his embrace, on the top of that, he kissed her.

He drew his face back, only giving a little space enough for him to breathe then blinked when their eyes finally met. He sensed sort of water smeared on his face when a small breeze passed over leaving a cold feeling behind. He moved another inches tried to have a better view to examine her face then found a small creek formed on her cheek. She was crying. Her eyes was red, even the tears stopped flowing that face was too desolate to be called okay.

He decided to drop the curiosity as it was none of his business. He stood up, without any guilt he dabbed his cheek using the back of his palm then left as if nothing ever happened. He wouldn't stop walking if her hand didn't grab him and made him stumbled a bit.

 

 

"What do you think you're doing?" She trembled as she said out of breath overloaded with anger. Without any words the other hand had already reached jiyong cheek and left a red mark that covered the trace of her tears before.

 

"What do you think you're doing?" He repeated the sentence with his soft voice unmatched with his face which wanted to eat her alive. He squeezed her hand-the one that had slapped him before-, then pull her closer to shorten their gap.

 

"You won't do that if you know who i am..." he smirk then continued his sentence "I'm not sure if I want to prolong this case, I'm to tired. Anyway i was in debt to you, was. It was settled right away, wasn't it?" Said him patting her cheek to recall what had happened before to his precious face.

 

She shoved jiyong hand from her face then raised her hand, making him flinched to abruptly covered his face trying to avoid another slap that never came. Her hand stopped in the air, she failed to manage her lungs flow then stepped back wobbly. She crouched her shoulder tried her best to ignore the pain on her chest while her body shaking uncontrollably.

Jiyong just stood there never took his eyes from her until he heard she started wheezing, now he know exactly what kind of state she was.

 

"No, you're not having an asth...aarrrgh.." he then think back the past few hours when he was in a pub doing nothing but drawn his whole body with any kind of smoke available, moreover their-a-little-bit-too-much-skinship a moment before. For no reason, he was angry to himself. Who would not affected by having those much trigger. Good things the stealth sweater which seemed to have just passed a laundry machine thankfully gave more layer to filtered more tobacco dust from his shirt went on her.

He sighed then pushed her to sat on the bench, facing him. Jiyong guide her hand to rest on his shoulder then he straighten her back. He held her shoulder tighter to drag her concentration back while maintaining their distance. He wiped the tear traced on her face with his thumb then lifted her head to see her eyes.

 

"Do you bring any medication around?" He said sounds much more tender to make sure that girl -whose name was left unknown- was calmer enough to manage her breath.

"It's okay.. I'm not a bad guy." He said lying. As if anyone would believe. He was running away from police when they met. She was more than smart enough to read that shallow fact even in worse condition. He read her thought by her judgment stare and with that, her breath was not going any better. She wasn't deceived.

"Still.. you can hear my voice, right? Can I go through your pocket? Did you perhaps put inhaler there?"

 

Without much choice she shook her head, "b..bag.."

 

Jiyong heard her words then scanned around to find the stuff she mentioned. He even warned her before moved from his position, "Keep sit straight. It helps....Aish why did you put it in such secluded place." He grumbled as he stand to reach a black clutch beside her foot below the bench.

He took initiative to open the bag then dug in freely cause he know she wouldn't be able to do it by herself. He took a small bottle out then shook it a couple times and opened the cover before he slipped it to her hand. She took a deep breath when she pushed the syringe in front of to inhale all of the chemical particles that was sprayed. From then on, when she started breathing almost normally, right then she found out that jiyong's hand was never stop caressing her back to calm her down.

 

"Well at least I never killing people.." he said giving an explanation that won't do much on improving his image. The first thing she did when she gained her conscious back was moving jiyong's hand from her back. He shrugged, not really care then used both of his hand to support his upper body because the bench had nothing for him to lean his back.

 

"Better?" Asked him with another affectionate tone that was given from god which made him sound so much more caring than he intended. He wiped some sweat from her forehead with his jacket trouser but a moment later his hand flew again cause the woman keep shoved it with no exception.

 

"Hey.. I just saved your life." He protested.

 

She just snort, her condition did not afford her to star a war yet. Jiyong then pull his hand back to support his body weight while stretching then crossed his leg innocently.

 

"Why did you cry just now?" Asked him with another misleading intonation that would make people mistaken those two as a couple cause their faces was too off to be called sibling. She stared him in annoyed glare, none of his actions was acceptable. The rude man who kissed her acted as a hero when he was seriously the one who actively giving so many triggers for her. He can't be a good person after all, then he pretend to be some decent neighborhood brother by asking those caring words, she won't be deceived.

 

"Do you think you'd see me again?" That girl connected her eyebrows confused. She sat still without any words even in her head when she repeated again his sentence in mind. He was just brought up how clear end of their fate was.

 

"We won't, will we? See? Then there's no reason to keep it away from me. We are not and will not connected in any way. Hey.. I can be a good use.." he offered nonchalantly while turned her logic upside-down.

She stared him in disbelief.

 

"My mother is alive..."

 

Jiyong turned his head mesmerized by her words. she actually shared it.

 

"or so.. at least.. her heart is beating.." she finished with her soft voice leaving him blank after manage to digest her whole sentence. He was expecting a broken hearted love story that who knows might be some fair materials for his next written song.

 

These was beyond his thoughts.

 

*** To be continued ***