Epilogue: Love Is Not Over

This Ends Here


"Does this cap make my head look small?" Jin fixes his graduation cap and asks the same question for the fourth time. Namjoon has reassured him that it's not making him look short, or fat, or dim his handsomeness. But Seokjin is a perfectionist in his appearance, so this is fairly understandable. "How much more time do we have?"

"About 20 minutes." Namjoon answers without really looking. Every third year student is excited and can't wait to go up the stage to get their diploma and be done with high school. But Namjoon feels a pang of sadness, maybe because he has to throw away his playful side and be a full-on responsible child once he enters college. His parents has made it clear and he still cannot talk about it to Jin. Only Taehyung knows about his multi-millionaire business marriage.

"Helllllooooo?~" both Jin and Namjoon turn to find Hoseok poking his head into the dressing room. Jin waves and Hoseok enters. Follows behind him is Yoongi.

"Hey," the smallest one says. "You guys look great. When's the final?"

Jin rolls his eyes. "Last week."

"Whatever. I'm only here for the locker." Yoongi confesses and Jin shoots him a look.

"Sunbaenim!~" Hoseok gently slides to the middle and lifts up his own copy of the yearbook. "Give me a signature please!"

"Ahh~ of course ^^"

Hoseok hands him a pen and Jin stares. "Is this… glitter pen?" He asks, sounding as though offended.

"Yeah?"

"Is this pink?"

"Yeah."

"Oh my god, BFF!!"

"Aheh~ ^3^" Hoseok smiles the widest. Yoongi, who watches everything unfolds in silence, has one of the ugliest judging look on his face. Namjoon reaches for him and taps his shoulder—telling him he understands the feeling.

When he's done signing, Jin leans into Hoseok and whispers something.

"The way he whispers," Yoongi says to Namjoon. "It looks like he's talking ."

Jin pulls away and Hoseok looks like he's gonna fly away with the wind. "He is talking ." He tells the two boys.

Jin smiles to himself. Whatever he whispered to Hoseok, nobody would ever know. Hint: it's about Yoongi.


After done putting on their graduation gowns, the four of them leave the dressing room and go wait at the field. Out there, three figures are moving toward their direction. Jin has the widest smile.

Yoongi only notices two boys in neat casual clothes pushing through the stream of students and their relatives. His eyes land on one of the boys. He's petite and his movements are graceful. He's linking arm with the other boy but Yoongi sees it as a friendly gesture only.

"Oh, I wonder who that is."

Hoseok's head snaps to the direction as well. "Those look like freshmen. I wonder what they're doing here."

"Hey, pumpkin." Jin waves and Hoseok's question is answered. Yoongi follows the boy's every move. They are Jin's friend too.

He cutely bows to Jin. "Hello." And turns to Namjoon with a more intimate smile. "Hey, hyung."

"Hey, Jimin." Namjoon answers Yoongi's internal question: what the boy's name is.

Yoongi takes a shaky breath and whispers to himself. "Oh, I'm gay now."

As soon as he has said that, the other boy steps in front of him and gives him one of the meanest look. He pushes Jimin behind him and stares Yoongi down. "Back off, he's my boyfriend."

Yoongi's lips twitch. He doesn't know anyone dares to be this rude to people they first meet. Hoseok grabs his forearm to calm him down but Yoongi is already provoked.

"And you learn some manner, ." He spits. Before his hand reaches the younger boy's collar, another hand grabs his. He looks to the side and Namjoon seems unimpressed. He doesn't say a word but his hand does all the talking.

"Whoa, whoa." Jin breaks them apart. "No need to cuss, kids. We're all friends here."

"Jungkook, this is Yoongi. Yoongi, this is Jungkook. And this is Jimin, Jungkook's pumpkin. And this is Taehyung, my… ahem." Done with the introduction, Jin points to Jimin. "You. Go stand there with Hoseok. That's him. The last thing I want is a World War III."

Jimin pleads with his eyes but Jin is firm. Taehyung sighs and comes to Jimin's side, gently dragging him away to where Hoseok has retreated to. Jimin has a permanent pout on his face. Hoseok, despite not having met the boys prior to today, opens his arms widely to accept them. Taehyung doubts it's out of habit, given that Hoseok is a bright boy (as Jin has told).

"Don't worry." He grins. "I'm sure they're just playing around. For now, you sit here with me and google for ways to stay alive in the dark, yes?"

Taehyung looks over to Jin, mentally asking for a reconsideration. Jin manages an apologetic smile before he turns back to his preparation.

Yoongi and Jungkook are now quiet, but the rivalry is still hung in the air.

Namjoon hopes with all his might that when he and Jin are gone, none of the boys are going to murder each other.

But the hope is a little too high.

Jin looks back at his group of friends one more time. His chest fills with pride. Everyone is here for his graduation. Well, his and Namjoon's graduation.

"This squad just gets bigger and bigger~"

Namjoon nods and smiles.


-


First of all, Taehyung questions whoever it is in charge that has decided Jin should give a graduation speech. Perhaps they look at the fact that Jin has aced his final, but still, there must be somebody else who doesn't go up the stage and only talk about himself for 25 minutes.

The ceremony is done now. Everybody is taking photos, signing yearbooks, giving advices and commands. Jin has given Yoongi his locker, and the boy's expression lightens up a lot. Namjoon is telling Jimin about something, to which Jimin is grinning and Jungkook rolling his eyes with jealousy.

Taehyung wonders, though, whether or not Namjoon has told anyone about his upcoming problem. Judging on how Jin is, he must not know a word yet. But imagine how he'll react once he does…

"Hey,"

Taehyung looks to the side and Hoseok is standing there. "Hello,"

"You're a freshman?"

"Yeah."

"Nice." Hoseok reaches out and snakes his arm around Taehyung's shoulder. "We'll see each other after this. Let's be good friends."

"Let's."

And Hoseok walks away because he sees Jin approaching. Taehyung's heart still jumps around every time Jin is near. It's kind of unhealthy, really. And when he's not around, Taehyung can't do anything right because all he can think about is this self-obsessed hypocrite sunbae. But the truth is, with appearance and character like Jin, who wouldn't be obsessed with themselves?

"Were you flirting with Hoseok??" Jin has one hand on his hip. "In public? Really?"

"Were you flirting with Yoongi?" Taehyung can't help but ask. Jin seems happy with the question.

"Nice kindergarten comeback."

"Oh shut up."

"But I'm serious, don't flirt with people when I'm not around."

Taehyung raises his brows. "So I can only flirt when you're with me?"

"That's not what I'm saying!"

"You're not my boyfriend, Jin. Let me live."

"Why can't you just date me, really? I'm so perfect. I hate you so much."

"Perfect and perfect don't do so well together, I heard." Taehyung tries to hide his smile under the layer of poker face.

"I always love challenge."

"Please. You can't even study alone without feeling like someone's haunting you."

"You left me for two weeks!"

"And you didn't notice!"

"I did."

"Yeah. You just didn't care."

"I did. I do." Jin playfully wipes away his invisible tears. "A lot. It's embarrassing. Did you see the signs I put up for you?"

"Yeah. People are calling me the lost kitty now. Thanks for that."

"But don't you love kitties?"

"I do. I want to adopt plenty of them. Puppies too."

"Let's do that when we get married."

"Let's not talk about marriage just yet." Taehyung shoots him a look. His cheeks burn in bright red. "We still have a long way. And you never proposed."

"But you agree?"

"To what?"

"That we're meant to be."

"I never said that."

"But you never straight up denied it either."

"Gosh, I'm already mad at you."

"It's decided, then. You're the wife." Jin blows a cheesy kiss and Taehyung waves it away. "Don't cheat on me when I'm not around, wife."

"Whatever."

Taehyung turns around. Then, he feels a soft touch on his temple. He looks up and Jin is there, smiling calmly. "Study hard. I'll wait for you at college."

Taehyung blushes even more, but he makes sure he doesn't faint again.


- - -


The school is quiet and a bit dull now that the first and third year students are on a break. The second year—Yoongi and Hoseok—still have two more weeks to go before the final and break.

Hoseok has been thinking a lot about what Jin said, and the more he considers the more he wants it to happen. People tell him not to take Jin's words too seriously, but it's not just his words that drive him crazy. It's his own heart too.

"So…" He scoots his chair closer to Yoongi. "I was wondering, you know… it's been a few days now and sunbae are graduated and stuffs and there's the farewell dance in a few days… And you and I—I know we're both very much males but have you come to terms with your own preference yet? I remember the last time we talked about it you said you wanted to change that and I totally agreed. Hetero is so last year. It's just,"

Yoongi shifts in his seat. Hoseok gulps and continues anyway,

"I think there's nothing wrong with… you know, two guys… being together. I just think it's very beautiful. And sweet. And safe. Cause, you know, nobody is gonna get pregnant and stuff like that. I know, ew. And uh, it'll be easier… too… you know, when we wanna have sleepover parents won't complain a thing. And oh, we can share bills when we're eating out. It's totally convenience. Ahhh, and… and it's just beautiful, have I mentioned that already? You know every time I see Jungkook and Jimin my heart swells with joy and love and—and you reminds me of Jungkook so much although I like Jimin more. But that's not the problem, I'm sure we can work something out. So what do you say? Do you… do you want to go out… with me? Like, on dates?"

Yoongi looks up and Hoseok holds his breath. He waits—for Yoongi's cursing or yelling, telling him he's insane. But Yoongi is very calm. And not angry?

"So what do you say?" Hoseok asks again. This time, Yoongi reaches up his hand and pulls a tiny transparent earplug out of his ear.

"What?" He asks. "I was trying to sleep. I didn't hear."

Hoseok's heart does a backflip and lands in the mud. It never wants to get out again. Ever. He forces out a laugh and grins, "I was cussing you out."

"What? You son of a-"

"Anyway, it's lunch break. Let's go!"

"Ugh! Motherf-"

Hoseok doesn't hear the rest because he runs out of the class first.

-

-

-

Bonus

Jimin was preparing his desk when he remembered the only thing left unsolved. He inspected his room, and finally he made up his mind. He called Jin, who answered after the second ring.

"Hey pumpkin~ Miss me already?"

"Sunbae," Jimin's voice cracked under the heavy anxiety he was having. "Who was in the room with me that night? We never found out."

 

 

 

The End

 

 

A/N: First and foremost may I just say that I'm glad I concluded this series the way I did. You do not want to know the original plot I first written ><

Secondly, THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading from the beginning till the end! You all have made this writing process so enjoyable 

Question: who is/are your favorite character(s) throughout the 3 stories, and why? :D 

(Mine is Namjoon the dad-friend xD)

I made a trailer please also check it out~

Have a nice day! ^^

And see you at future projects! Hopefully!

bye yo!