Chapter 2

A Year With 7 Dorks

As Sungjoon and Nicole were driving to Big Hit entertainment, they were having small talk here and there. After about 20 minutes they finally arrived at the Big Hit building. As they walked in the building, Sungjoon introduced Nicole to the staff members.

“Hello, everyone! My name is Nicole Cruz. I just arrived from America. Please excuse my Korean, it can be a little rusty, but I’m really looking forward to working with all of you for the next year!” Nicole smiled nervously as she looked at the group of staff members who were just staring at her with blank expressions.

-Well that was awkward..-

“Don’t worry too much about it, they’re nice people. Just let them warm up to you!” Sungjoon told Nicole. Sungjoon showed Nicole a little bit of the building until they reached a room with “방탄소년단” on the side of the door.

-Is he going to show me the building later?- Nicole thought.

“These are the boys you are going to be managing.” Sungjoon said before he opened the door and went in, followed by Nicole.

-I'm nervous.. Ok calm down..-

~Say what!

Say wo~ wo~

Say what!
Jjeoreo~

They walked in as the boys were finishing dancing.

“Hello everyone! Can I get your attention, please!” Sungjoon greeted the boys with a big smile. The Bangtan boys turned around and quickly bowed to Sungjoon.

“Alright then, Nicole they are the Bangtan Boys or BTS for short! Aaaaand boys this is Nicole Cruz! She will be my assistant manager for 1 year! So take very good care of her and teach her some Korean manners. Now introduce yourselves and get comfortable. I need to go handle some business. I'll see you all later!” Sungjoon proudly announced before leaving.

“Hello everyone as you heard my name is Nicole Cruz. Also please excuse my Korean it's a little rusty, I'm sorry if I mispronounce a word or say a bad word.” Nicole said with a nervous smile.

The boys stared at Nicole for a few seconds..

“Hi, my name is Kim Namjoon. My stage name is Rapmonster. It's nice to meet you.” Namjoon said with a little bow and a sweet smile.

-Awwwwww! He has dimples! Cute~ but he seems tough, especially with the stage name “Rapmonster”. Rapmonster?? I’m assuming he is really good at rapping? I mean duh Nicole!! That IS his stage name! Oh my god, I can't with myself, seriously.-

“Hi! My name is Kim Seokjin, but everyone just calls me Jin.” Jin said with a very angelic smile.

-He is so handsome! He gives off such a mom vibe, but wow he's really handsome.-

“Hello my name is Min Yoongi, my stage name is SUGA.” Yoongi with a small light stretch and a cute smile.

-His smile is adorable! He reminds me of a little bunny! cute af-

“Hi my name is Jung Hoseok, my stage name is Hopeee~ J-Hope!” Hoseok said with a big happy smile.

-Wow I need his kind of happiness tbh-

“My name is Park Jimin! Yeah~” Jimin said smiling ohhhh so beautifully.

-That smile is a Yeahhhhhh-

I’m V, but my real name is Kim Taehyung.” Taehyung said with a small smile and holding up a peace sign.

-He looks so adorable! Wow, nice hands!-

“I am Jeon Jungkook.” Jungkook said shyly.

-Woah woah woah…. He's reaaaaally cute..-

“Well let's sit down and introduce ourselves more!” Namjoon said before going by the mirror and sitting down. We all went with him and sat in a circle.

“Ok so, as you can tell by my stage name I'm one of the rappers in the group. I'm also the leader of the group. Yoongi, Hoseok, and Jungkook are the other rappers. Jungkook is also one of the vocalists and one of the dancers. Jimin, Jin and Taehyung are the other vocalists. Hoseok and I are 20 years old, Jimin and Taehyung are 21, Jin and Yoongi are the oldest ones. Jin is 23 and Yoongi is 22, and Jungkook is the youngest he is 19, so that makes him our maknae.” Namjoon just said the basics. Nicole just nodded and tried to remember all of that.

-So he is my age? Wow smh him compared to me? what have I been doing with my life-

“Your turn.” Jimin said with a small smile.

“Alright well, I don't know how to sing. My friends call me Nic for short, so you can say that's my stage name-” Nicole gives a little awkward giggle. “-I’m Mexican/American.. mmm.. I’m 19 years old. Umm.. I like rap music, I may not be able to sing but put “Wet Dreams” by J. Cole and woooOOOOOO~ I can rap the whole song.” Nicole said with a cute smile.

 

*She has a beautiful smile* Hoseok thought to himself with a small smile.

 

“No way! Is that your favorite song?!” Namjoon said excitedly.

“I don't have a favorite song, BUT I do have a song that I listen to the most. Well... I guess you can say it's my favorite hah.. but it's Black Friday! Have you heard it?” Nicole said hoping Namjoon has heard it.

“Woah yeah! I like Kendrick's verse too!” Namjoon said with a cute smile.

“Me too!” Nicole said with a big smile.

 

-That radiant smile..- Hoseok thought again.

 

“She has a nice smile, huh, hyung!” Jungkook said while nudging Hoseok’s elbow.

“Yeah, she does. She seems nice, don't you think?” Hoseok asked Jungkook.

“Yeah, I think Namjoon found his musical soulmate!” Jungkook said smiling. Hoseok nodded while smiling.

“So Nicole..” Jin interrupted Nicole and Namjoon’s conversation.

“Yes?” Nicole looked over at Jin’s direction.

“I noticed you are not familiar with Korean gestures?”

“Oh, yeah, I'm sorry..” Nicole said with a little pout.

“It's fine! We will teach you everything you need to know!” Jin said with a nice smile and the boys nodded their heads.

“Thank you!” Nicole said happily

.

About 20 minutes into their conversation Sungjoon went into the dance room.

“Oh Sungjoon! I forgot to ask! Where’s my luggage?” Nicole said with a small laugh.

“I actually came to talk to you about that!-” Sungjoon said “-We took it to the place you will be staying in.”

“Right! Thank you, but ehm… where am I going to be staying exactly??”

“They didn't tell you in the email?”

“Email?” Nicole questioned.

“You’ll be staying with the boys. They made a room available for you. I thought you knew..” Sungjoon said while scratching his head.

“That was not in the email..” Nicole said worried. The thought of being under the same roof as these boys for a whole year was a bit terrifying to her. Sure, they do seem nice, but they are kind of strangers.

-k mama, Anthony, Jose, and Victor will not be happy about this..-