Chapter 1

A Year With 7 Dorks

*sigh* These were Nicole’s last hours in America. By tomorrow she’ll be on her way to Seoul, South Korea. She was sad about leaving her family behind, but she knew this was her future.

 

“Ugh ma! I’m going to miss you so much! Please take care of yourself and the boys!” Nicole said to her mother while she was hugging her tightly.

“Hay mija! I’m going to miss you too! Why must you leave me here with your crazy hermanos?” Nicole’s mother jokingly said.

“What do you mean ‘crazy hermanos’?! I am not crazy! Jose is the only crazy one with his risky actions! If anything, I’m the only normal one here!” Anthony said while pointing at Jose, who looked completely lost.

“Oh you guys shut up! Can’t you see your sister is about to leave for an entire year?! Stop arguing already!” Their mother said.

Attention everyone flying the Korean Air flight to ICN. The gates will be closing in 30 minutes, and will be preparing for take off. I repeat, the gates will be closing in 30 minutes, and will be preparing for take off.

“Ok guys that's enough! Give me a hug. I need to go and find my seat. I love you guys so much! Mom, keep doing an amazing job taking care of these boys! Jose, don’t be so reckless while I’m not here! Anthony, don’t go back to that stupid ex girlfriend of yours!! AND Victor, stop being lazy and help mom around the house more!“ Nicole said while hugging all of them. Finally letting them go, she waves bye and heads towards the terminal. As she found her seat and quickly got comfortable, she unlocked her phone, plugged in her earphones and put “Born Sinner” by J. Cole.

 

Thirteen long hours finally came to an end. Nicole didn’t seem to mind the flight so much because she had the window seat and had such a great view of the ocean. She also spent half of the flight trying to refresh her Korean. She took a class for 2 years back in high school, but that didn’t mean she was a pro. Time went by and she eventually she landed in Incheon International Airport.

“Ah.. I got an email telling me that someone from the company would be waiting for me to give me a ride to the building.. I wonder where that person is. UGH and I’m going to have to try my best to speak in Korean this whole year. I doubt I’ll encounter many english or spanish speakers here..” Nicole thought to herself while looking around the airport. She finally saw someone holding a sign that read “Nicole Cruz: BH Ent”.

“Oh hi! I’m Nicole, and I’m assuming you’re my ride to the company.”

“Yes, hello! My name Yoo Sungjoon, and I will be escorting you to Big Hit Entertainment to meet with the manager you were assigned for the internship.” Sungjoon said before bowing. Nicole didn’t know the customs of Korea so she was a little confused on why he bowed.

“I’m sorry, but why are you bowing?” Nicole asked while Sungjoon was walking towards the car.

“Here in Korea we bow as a respectful greeting. Are you not familiar with Korean gestures?” Sungjoon said while opening the door for Nicole.

“Tha- Wait I need to put my luggage away!” She quickly went to put get her luggage, but Sungjoon took the luggage away.

“I got it!” Sungjoon said while carrying the big suitcase to the back of the car.

“Ok, fine I’ll take this one.” Nicole said while rolling the other suitcase to the back of the car.

After they were finished, they went in the car and Sungjoon said “What were we talking about before the luggage got in the way?”.

“Oh! You asked me if I am familiar with Korean gesture.. which by the way, I’m not.” Nicole said while having a “sorry” expression.

“Well then, I’ll tell the boys to teach you.” Sungjoon said with a nice smile.

“The boys??” Nicole said confused.

“You will see when we arrive at the company.”

“Ok.” Nicole said hoping “the boys” were good people.