pilot

college kids

pilot: the new one

"But where is my vodka?"


 

Yeri struggled to take her purple suitcase out of the taxi trunk (she was quite sure that the driver would usually help in hauling out a 35 kilogram suitcase of the trunk), and let out a little oomph when the case fell to the pavement with a dull thud. Yeri coughed away the fumes as the taxi drove off into the distance, and looked up at the building in front of her. 

 

Hong’s Lodging House.

 

It was a four story building made of red brick, and much bigger than Yeri had expected it to be.

 

She rubbed her hands together, massaging her reddening finger tips before taking her suitcase and walking into the building. She expected to see the owners of the lodging house waiting by the counter, and was surprised to see a boy with a shock of orange hair looking up at her from a computer screen instead. 

 

The boy was wearing a wine-colored boyfriend-sweater which looked extremely warm, and had earbuds plugged into his ears with the music blasting so loudly that Yeri could faintly hear the notes and lyrics even from a good four feet away. The boy took out his right ear bud, and looked up at her with a raised eyebrow. “Are you the new tenant?” 

 

“Uh, yes.” Yeri stammered. She fixed the black beanie on her head and pulled her suitcase up next to her. “I was told I would be getting a room on the second floor.” 

 

“Oh, so you’re Kim Yeri.” The boy nodded thoughtfully, gluing his eyes back onto the monitor. Insanely fast clicking ensued. “You see those keys hanging on the bulletin board behind me?”

“Yeah.” Yeri looked to see a few shiny keys dangling on nails hammered unevenly into the bulletin board. There were some photos stuck by tacks and pins onto the board as well. Photos of various people that Yeri assumed to be either present or past tenants, including the owners of the lodging house.

 

“The one with the lumpy space princess key chain is yours. It opens the door to the second floor apartment as well as your own room.” The boy drawled out in a flat tone, as if he had memorized a script. “And no, you don’t have to take that ridiculously large suitcase up the stairs with you—we have a lift.” 

 

Yeri rolled her eyes. Like she had even asked; the existence of the lift went without question when it was quite literally next to the counter. She took her keys and took a glance at the boy’s screen. Colorful blasts of colors ranging across the rainbow spectrum lit up the screen, and Yeri realized that the boy was fixated on a video game. 

 

Yeri tried her best not to judge. 

 

She quickly took the lift to the second floor, and when the elevator came to a creaking halt and the two doors slid open, she walked into a square space which had a blue, steel door on the other side. 

 

She inhaled a deep breath—there was no need to get worried or overly anxious. It wasn’t her first time living away from home, and she was sure the other tenants would be kind to her. Or at least, she hoped so, anyway. 

 

She put her key to the keyhole and slid it in—

 

—and the door suddenly swung open, the doorknob ripping out of Yeri’s hands. Yeri looked up, wide eyed, to face a boy with brown hair tinted green at the edges with an exceptionally toothy smile. “She’s here guys!”

 

“TAEHYUNG WHERE IS MY VODKA?” 

 

“THATS NOT REALLY IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW, MINA.”

 

“YES IT IS, I HAVE GIN AND VERMOUTH HERE, BUT I’M MISSING VODKA YOU .”

 

A girl with burgundy red locks which fell silkily down her back ran towards the door, and Yeri noticed that her cheeks were turning a pinkish color, and Yeri could smell faint traces of alcohol in the air. The girl, who Yeri presumed to be Mina, crinkled her pretty face into a frown and socked Taehyung in the stomach. Taehyung doubled over, clutching at his stomach, Yeri wincing slightly at the sight.

 

Mina glanced at Yeri, and extended a hand (the one not holding a large glass filled of gin). “Hey! I’m Mina—I’m in the room next to yours.”

 

Yeri shook it out of reflex. “I’m Yeri. Nice to meet you.” 

 

“That suitcase must be really heavy. Jungkook, come over here and help our new girl with her stuff!” 

 

A boy dressed in a simple black hoodie and pants soon walked into the vicinity, looking tired and completely buzzed out. “‘Kay.” 

 

“That’s Jungkook.” Mina introduced, throwing Yeri an apologetic smile. “He’s horrible with newcomers.”

 

“He clicked so well with me the first time around, though.” Taehyung objected, wagging a finger as Mina threw him an exasperated glare.

 

“Good, you guys can be gay together and start a pub.” Mina snorted.

Taehyung looked visibly offended and put a hand to his heart, while Jungkook simply rolled his eyes and stalked over towards Yeri, who flinched a bit when he came to a halt in front of her. He leaned forward and gruffly shoved her suitcase handle down, before carrying the 35 kilogram deadweight full of clothes, makeup, and other necessary things for a girl's survival. He then stalked over to one of the doors by the kitchen, set her suitcase down in front of it, and went to the sofa and began munching down on pop tarts.

Yeri was so distracted she didn't hear the elevator sound ding behind her, and another person walk up towards her.

"Oh, you haven't gone in yet?" The boy with the orange hair from earlier asked.

"... Yeah, it's kinda hectic." Yeri muttered.

Mina's face brightened up. "Jisoo! Just in time—find me my vodka."

"It's probably in my room. I think Taehyung left it there after humping one of his many whale plushies while drunk cold." Jisoo shrugged. 

"Dude, that's just gross." Taehyung groaned. "That's so not true."

"We all know that Taehyung only gets hot and bothered when he's watching anime girl waifus." Jungkook called from the living room.

"That's only half true." 


Yeri wasn't sure what shocked her more—that Taehyung apparently fapped to inanimate sea creatures (which didn't seem true, but still what Jisoo had said was gross), or that the receptionist lived here too. "... Isn't that the receptionist? Counter-person?"

 

"Him?" Mina laughed. "No, his parents own the place. He just lives with us because it's fun."  

 

Yeri had been quite pleased the first time she took a tour around the place. She tried to convince herself that she had made a good decision in choosing this lodging house.

 

She had made a good decision.

 

She had made a good decision. 

 

.

.

.

 

.




A/N: short chapter bc its the pilot episode and just an introduction lel