Sh*t Sundae

Seoul Searching
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The brown haired beauty let out her twentieth sigh in the last hour. Her heart was racing and her stomach in knots. This was the first time she’d wanted to cry in a long time. How could things be as awful as they were? Poor Angela, was all she could think. “Josy,” Chanyeol whispered from the makeup chair. He looked at her mournful expression. He stood up, taking her by the shoulders. “I’m sorry we all lied.” She didn’t meet his gaze. They’d all protected Xiumin, instead of being decent friends to Angela. “Things will work out. I really believe that.” He sighed and lightly patted her arm. “He loves her, you know,” he stated dejectedly before exiting the silent room.

 

After Xiumin ran off, Josy had tried to go to her boss and desperately plead to have the rest of the day off. She felt as if she needed to be with Angela, and Angela surely needed her. Unfortunately, her boss had said the request was too last minute and that they still had to do the rest of the members makeup for the promotional shoot. Josy was forced to stay, her mind utterly distracted by the thought of a distraught Angela.

 

Sending her text messages had been futile. There was absolutely no reply on her side. It didn’t help that Josy was unsure if Xiumin had actually chased after Angela, but from what she heard he wasn’t in the building anymore. All Josy could do was hope that Angela would be home when she got back from work.

 

Josy’s delicate fingers grabbed at her supplies and shoved them into her kit. Her mind in an uproar caused her to half-assedly clean up her area before grabbing her coat and running out the door. The door slammed into a body as Josy pushed it open and Sehun stepped out from behind it.

 

“Ow, well that hurt,” Sehun said, rubbing at his shoulder.

 

“Sorry,” she sighed, shoving her arm through her purse strap. “But I really don’t have time for whatever you came here to do,” Josy stated a little shakily.

 

Sehun’s eyes carefully studied her. He’d memorized every detail of her face. That furrow in her brow telling him just how worried she was. “I’m not here to fight with you, or anything like that.” Sehun breathed. “I just wanted to say that I heard what you said to Suho and Xiumin. You’re really loyal.” His face felt slightly warm as he admitted his thoughts. The handsome man cleared his throat and shifted his weight from one foot to the other. “I think it’s great that you’ll stand by Angela’s side, no matter what happens.”

 

Josy raised her eyebrow at Sehun, a small smile playing on her lips. “Were you eavesdropping?”

 

Sehun smirked. “Yeah right. Anyone within a ten mile radius could hear you.”

 

Josy stared at Sehun for a few seconds before she burst into laughter. She had been on edge the entire day that a simple laugh had lifted some of the weight from her shoulders. Once the gates had opened Josy just couldn’t stop and she stood there laughing with Sehun. Once her stomach began to ache with laughter, she came to a diffused stop. Josy wiped away the tears in her eyes and patted Sehun’s arm softly. She had forgotten how Sehun use to make her laugh in these types of situations. Josy had always enjoyed Sehun’s sense of humor. It was one of the many things that made her fall in love with him.

 

“Thanks. I really needed that,” she said giving him a smile. “And thanks for saying what you said.” He nodded earnestly, enjoying their one blissful moment in quite some time. However, it was interrupted by her cellphone. Though she’d attempted to act casually and ignore the call, he noticed the worry return to her face.

 

“Who was that?”

 

“It’s a unknown number, but I’m pretty sure it’s my crazy ex Jonathan,” she muttered, a headache coming on from the anxiety.

 

Sehun’s thick lips formed into a puzzled pout. “Crazy?”

 

In her tired state she couldn’t help admitting the truth. “As crazy as they come,” she sighed. Her fingers traced over her phone screen. “He wasn’t at first.” A small cynical laugh escaped her lips. “After you and me broke, I wanted something normal, but he turned out to be the complete opposite. Being his girlfriend meant I couldn’t go out, or see my friends, or spend the weekends with my family. If I was his girlfriend, there could only be him.” She met his attentive gaze. “I broke up with him, but to him, it wasn’t over until he said so. He followed me, he terrified me and all of those around me. So I left, before he could hurt those I love.” Sehun’s fist clenched, his knuckles turning white. “I can’t help, but worry that he’ll find me.” She shrugged, forcing a smile. “I don’t know, I’m being paranoid.”

 

Sehun placed his large hand on her shoulder. “Hey, it’s okay to be worried.” He shook his head. “But, you’re thousands of miles away from him. He won’t find you.”

 

“You don’t know what he’s capable of.”

 

The genuine fear in her voice made Sehun angry. Just who the hell was this guy? Not only had he been the man she loved after him, but he also had hurt her. Despite all of the bullsh*t they went through, he wanted her to be safe and happy. “If worse comes to worst, I’ll protect you.”

 

Josy giggle despite herself. “Really? You?” Her hand reached forward, squeezing his right bicep, appearing very unimpressed. Sehun’s sharp cheeks filled with color and he shook his head. “Besides, I’m not yours to protect, remember? We aren’t together.”

 

“So,” Sehun shrugged. “It doesn’t mean I want to see you hurt. What am I? An assh*ole?”

 

    Josy’s beam became brighter. “Do you want me to answer that truthfully or spare your feelings,” she teased,

    Sehun gave her an exaggerated hurt expression, making her laugh. “I’m serious though, I will protect you, and if not me I’m sure the guys will. We all really care about you.” A chill ran up his spine, feeling much too vulnerable for his own comfort. At that moment, he felt she could see just how much more he actually cared about her than he pretended to. “Or maybe your boyfriend Lay will protect you because we all know he still has a massive hard-on for you.”

 

    Josy’s smile began to fade. She let out a breath, the moment instantly ruined. Why couldn’t he be open with her? She couldn’t always be the one to pour her heart out. “I’ve got to go, Angela’s probably waiting.” She gave him a slight nodded before running down the hall. “Bye,” she called as she turned the corner, his eyes watching her until her figure disappeared.

 

*    *    *

Xiumin’s grip tightened on the steering wheel as he sat in his car. He had been parked in the garage of his apartment complex for over an hour. His eyes shifted back and forth as he awaited for Hyojin’s appearance. He closed his almond shaped eyes as he prepared himself for what he had to do. Because he had to do it. No more lies.

 

He had wanted to chase after Angela when he left, but he knew that nothing he said would be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter