Uno

Diviso
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cold breeze of Monday morning gushed through the strands of my long jet black hair as I opened the front door, not ready to go to a new school. My mother told me to be optimistic and open up to people. “Try to understand others’ lifestyle, will you? Get to know their lives and you should have fun too. Don’t be too hook up with your own world” – well that was what she said to me before I went to bed last night. The thing is, I don’t even know how to open up to people. Last time I remembered - Hyun Joo, my old friend- was the first one to talk to me because I have dirt stuck on my blazer. Then we became best friends.

I walked out of my new house to the nearest bus stop in my new school uniform. My blazer was dark blue and I wore beige coloured vest and skirt. My black socks were up to my knees and I wouldn’t even bother to wear my new kicks so I just slipped on my worn out blue vans.

It took for about 15 minutes until I arrived in front of the school. The school gate and compound wall itself was huge and tall enough, I bet nobody gets to climb up there to ditch classes. Taking a deep breath, I went through the huge gate and tried to swallow the fact that I will be finishing my school year in this school with no friends. Well, the students were looking at me weirdly already. I should smile a little.

Nah, better don’t.

Be cool.

 

So my class was way up on the second floor and at the end of it. When my homeroom teacher gestured me to enter the class, I was terribly shocked. I thought it would be a silent hell but I was wrong. The boys were cheering and clapping, some girls clapped too but most of them just smiled at me. I stood there, still struck with the suddenly noise. “Introduce yourself, please!” one of the boys said to me. Maybe he saw my awestruck face as I stood there for about a minute or two of silence.

“Hi, my name is Kim Sunhi, from Yongin. I just moved here last week. Nice to meet you” I said, rather monotonously because I don’t want to sound nervous nor awkward. However, once again, I earned cheers and welcomes from my new classmates. Some offered me to sit next to them, boys especially, when there wasn’t an empty seat. I wondered if they really are that dumb or something.

My e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter