Leaders of the New School

Knock You Down (Class of 2010) [[ON-HOLD]]

As Alice entered the bus, she felt mixed emotions. Excited for school, happy to make new friends, scared that there might be bullies and mean teachers, nervous if she'll ever be accepted. Every step inside the bus made her feelings get into her even more. What made it worse was the noise. Oh great! I'm the only girl in this bus!

"Hey! Look what we got here!" An older boy shouted. He seems to be a Freshman. "A new busmate!" He turned to her, "So, how's life, kid? Got any friends? None? You can talk to me if you need to."

"Quit playing around, Kai. She's just a little girl!" The other boy said. He looked at Alice and told her, "Look, kid. Don't listen to him. He's weird. You don't wanna be like him. You know, you're better than that." Alice just stared at him, confused.

"Now what?! You're scaring her!" Kai complained. "Hey kiddo, don't listen to him, OK?" All the boys laughed at Kai. "Anyway, hi. My name's Kai. I'm 11 years old!" He reached out his hand to her. She had no choice but to shake hands with him.

"H-h-h-hi...." she almost whispers "My name is Alice..." Kai smiled, in rather childish way. "Nice to meet you Alice. What grade are you in?" He pointed at his badge repeatedly, proudly "I'm in Grade 5!" I'm not a baby anymore!" He then saw her badge "Oh, you're in Grade 4? It's OK. Just one more year. Sorry we can't be classmates, though..."

*beep! beep!*

Everyone got off the bus quickly as the bus stopped at the school gates. Boys, really. No matter how old or young they are, you know what they say. "Boys will be boys." So rowdy and messy!

Before Kai stepped out of the bus, he looked at her and said, "Hey, what are you waiting for? Bumaba ka na. And by the way, don't worry about being the new girl in school. I was a new student back then, too. I was only grade 3." Then he stepped out, Alice following him along.

"C'mon! Let's go! I'll show you my friends!" Kai shouted and ran, making Alice run after him. As she ran, her thoughts were running, too. Why is he so nice to me? I'm a girl, he's a boy. How weird. Also, he's older than me. What the heck?

Good thing she caught up with him or she'd end up getting lost in school. Then she saw a group of boys taller and older than her. She was speechless. Who are they?

"They're my friends!" Kai told her. "Hey, guys! Look! This is Alice! Alice, these are my friends!" The group of boys looked at her. They all said "Hi" to her, except for a few.

"Hold on! She's our busmate!" He pointed at her. "Yeah, she is, Lay." Kai replied. Another guy named Baek Hyun remarked, "We're gonna let a girl in?! And a 4th grader at that?! No way!" "Yeah, he's right!" Chan Yeol sided Baek Hyun. Though both of them are 13 years old, they're still on the "Ew, girls" phase. Except that Chan Yeol is still in Grade 6 (yes, he's a repeater), while Baek Hyun is already in 2nd year High (Grade 8). All Alice could say was, "Feeling's mutual" since she's also still in the "Ew, boys" phase, with the exception of her kuya and some of her male friends. Maybe Kai.

"Wait a minute, guys! Let's be nice to her!" the leader of the group, Suho quieted them down. "Give her a chance" he looked at her. She looked back at him. "So... you're gonna let me in?" He chuckled, "Of course. As I said, I'm giving you a chance. By the way, I'm Suho. 14 years of age. 4th year High school. That means I'm graduating, along with Xiumin." he pointed to the said guy. "Hi" Xiumin greeted "I'm the oldest member of the group. At 15 years of age. But, I look young, don't I?" She only nodded in agreement. He seems nice.

"Hi, I'm Lay, your busmate. Along with Kai. 14 years old, like Suho, but in 3rd year. I'm the only Chinese in this group."

"Baek Hyun, 13. 2nd year"

"I'm Chen. I'm also 13, but I'm a Freshman. Nice to meet you! Do you like pranks? We can pull so many of them on the teachers and students, if you like."

"Chan Yeol, 13. Grade 6"

"Hi! My name's D.O! I'm also in Grade 6, but I'm 12." He whispered "You know, Chan Yeol here is a repeater."

"Hey! I heard that!" Chan Yeol shouted. Everyone laughed. They loved making fun of the fact that Chan Yeol had to repeat Grade 6. Poor Chan Yeol, though...

"But, don't worry about him!" D.O cheered her up. "He'll surely pass this time. Right, Chan Yeol?" he taunted him again. Chan Yeol answered him back, "When I graduate, you guys are SO dead!" The boys only laughed back.

"Don't worry, hyung. We believe in you" One guy said. He was very serious and meant what he said. He went to Alice and introduced himself. "Hi! I'm the maknae or the youngest of the group, Sehun. I'm in Grade 5. 11 years old. Just like Kai. Maybe you'll find it easier hanging out with me and him since we're only 1 year apart."

Suho smiled. "Great! All we need is for her to introduce herself to us."

"Uh,... hi..... I'm Alice. Grade 4, age 10. I'm a new student here....." was all she'd say as an introduction. I hope they're nice to me.

*school bell rings*

"Oh, we gotta go, guys! See y'all at recess. Hey, dude," D.O called, "Meet us here, right at this same spot. This is where we hang out as a group. It'll be awesome if you join us! See ya!"

As the all went their own ways, Alice smiled to herself. This is only the beginning, but I know, I believe, I'm gonna make friends!