• Chapter One •

Cherry Blossom

 

• Chapter One

'True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.' 


 

 It's been 5 years since Jungkook last saw Jimin and he finally graduated from middle school. In those 5 years, many things happened, from minor to major but nothing in those 5 years have stopped Jungkook from loving Jimin.

Jungkook reached home from their graduation party as his mother at the kitchen greets him "Welcome home Jungkook" He gives his mom a smile while removing his shoes. "So how's the party?"


After removing his shoes he heads to the living room and places himself to the couch "It was  fine." His mom stops on what she was doing in the kitchen and went to the living room and sat beside Jungkook.


"You didn’t go to the party. Have you?"


       Jungkook just stared at his mom with a shocking expression but nodded anyway. His mom gave him a gentle smile and placed her son’s head on her lap gently caressing his hair. "Did you still wait for him under that Cherry Blossom Tree?" His mom  felt a warm drop of  tear on her lap as her son nods "Omma, It has been 5 years."
His mom slowly lifts his head and wipes the tears that were running down his face "My bunny, I know how you love him but please don't cry. You know that I hate it the most when my bunny cries." Jungkook just gave his mom a faint smile as she gave her son a kiss on the forehead.

 

     Jungkook spent the whole night thinking over and over about Jimin. From the very first time they met, to the last time he saw him and yes he is still in love with Jimin even though 5 years have passed without any sort of communication. Don't ask him why because he himself doesn't know the answer and with that he drifted to sleep - Jimin still invading his dreams.

"Son, wake up."


       Jungkook slowly opens his eyes due to his mom's voice. While heading to the bathroom still half awake he bumped into something that made him lose his balance which leads to him landing on his with a loud bang.


"Jungkook, What happened?"


         He finally shot his eyes open while slowly touching his "nothing mom, i just tripped and lost my balance but I'm fine." He replies as he slowly stands without giving more attention to the pain and slowly picking up the suitcase that he bumped into then realize that his things are scattered all over the place; books,clothes,suitcase you name it. Then it finally hit him, he’s finally leaving home to start fresh and study high school in a city that he only saw on TVs and magazines -Seoul.


"Good morning Eomma." He greets his mom who is placing the plates on the dining table.
"Good morning, did you sleep well?"
"Ne!" Jungkook responded as his mom gave  him a smile.


        Everything is now prepared on the dining table ;his favorite morning meal that consists of scrambled eggs with tomatoes and mushroom, fried rice and his hot milk. He first thanked his mom and God for the food and started eating.
"after eating, just leave your plate in the sink and get ready if you don't want to miss the train."


Jungkook finishes his meal and heads to his room to get changed, after 30 mins he was completely ready with a plain large t-shirt, black ripped jeans and his rusty old timberland classic boots with off course a snapback and a necklace as his accessories. He took one last look at his room and went out. As he headed to the front door the memories that he created in this house starts to flood ,trying to hold his tears he gave the house one last goodbye and closed the door and headed to the car where his mom  was waiting.


         When he finally buckled up "mom, can I take a short stop at the park one last time." his mom looked at him and gave a nod of approval. As they were passing the neighborhood he thought that he will definitely miss every single part of it. Those little doodles he made in the shop, the people , the atmosphere , how the season changed all of those things and the memories he created; his first family bonding , his first fight, his very first love , his confession every part of his life was witnessed in this neighborhood.


"Sweetie, we're here, you only have 5 mins okay?" Jungkook nods and exits the car. When he entered the park he scans the park one more time and ended under the Cherry Blossom Tree. "I guess this is goodbye. I won't able to see you bloom this coming spring." Jungkook stares at the branches "Let's meet again someday, who knows  I might meet him there." Jungkook just chuckles on his last sentence said.


He opens his bag pulling out an Exacto knife and carved something on the trunk of the tree. Once he was satisfied with his work he gave the tree a hug and bid his farewell.


                He just stared through the window throughout the whole journey from the park to the train station. His mom didn’t say anything because she knows that Jungkook was having a hard time leaving the area he grew up but little does she know that Jungkook was already crying.


When they finally reached the station, ran as fast as they could to reach the ticket booth hoping that there still is a train heading to Seoul as soon as possible. With luck on their side, they got a ticket going to Seoul and will leave after 15 minutes. They sat on the bench waiting for the train jungkook couldn’t hide the fact that he was nervous about this whole thing.

 


What if people don't like him there?
What if people treat him differently?
What if people start to bully him?

 


There were a lot of "what if's" invading his mind until a certain bell ringing across the platform brought him back to reality.
"It's time Jungkook." His mother told him as they both stood up and headed the yellow line. Once the train finally arrived the passengers started boarding the train.
"This is it
Eomma
." He gave his mom one last kiss on her forehead and entered the train. She gave him a flying kiss as the train started to moving,he sits beside the window and stares at the scenery.

          Hours have passed and Jungkook has finally reached his destination, Seoul. The city he always dreamed of staying in , the beeping sounds of the vehicles, the sea of people wearing different styles very fashionable and the
kpop songs that are blasting in shops. He finally was able to see it with his own eyes that gave him the satisfaction.
While walking on the streets of Seoul he finally reached a coffee shop called XOXO. He heads inside and order his favorite Caramel Macchiato and positioned himself just beside the huge window that can
give a clear view of the busy streets ,as he waits
for his sort of a cousin and the person that will take care of him. As he inspects the interior of the cafe an orange haired person caught his attention who is just sitting in front of his table due to the divider Jungkook can only see the hair.


"Yo,Jungkook" Jungkook searched who owns the voice and spotted a blonde haired guy who just entered the cafe.
"Tao Hyung!"

The said person "Tao" slowly approaches him.
"It's been a long time, How’s Busan?"
"Everything is great
their hyung, I hope you visit there sometime."

Tao just gave him a smile "Jungkook, Let's go. So that you can take a rest before you start your school tomorrow."
"Hyung, Don't you want some coffee first?" Tao shook his head "No need for that and besides we will eat in the house anyway." Jungkook took his last sip of his drink and heads out while giving a short glance over the orange haired person.


               When they finally reach the apartment the walls are painted in white with most of his furniture are in black which gives a modern look, on the left side of the wall consists of picture frames that were placed like a collage of pictures of his friends and families and on the very edge of there was a collage picture frame that had Tao and Jungkook when they were young.

"Hyung, Your home look so modern."

"Thanks. Now feel free to head inside your room or just explore the house while i start to cook our dinner, okay?"  Tao said as he heads to the kitchen while Jungkook gave him a "yes". He stares at the black grand piano in front of him thinking that when did Tao start to play again.

           Jungkook placed his fingers on the keyboard as he slowly starts to move his fingers and gave out a melody. The melody slowly echoes across the room as Jungkook remembers the time when Tao's mom taught him to play this song.


He was 8 years old at that time,Tao's mom was a pianist. During Jungkook's summer holiday Tao's Mom invited him over to her place to teach him something that he will enjoy.At first, Jungkook didn't like the idea of him playing piano but as the time passed he slowly starts to love it. Tao's mom teaches him everything about piano and how to play it when Jungkook finally knows how to read the notes Tao's mom teaches him a song that she really loves and the name of the song is Fur Elise by Beethoven. At first, Jungkook suffers in playing the song since it is in a fast pace and he was a beginner at that time but seeing Tao's mom smile as he plays the songs gave him the strength to complete the song. Tao's mom birthday was soon and  so he decides to play the song for her, the day has come and he started playing it in front of her as soon as he finished it with a little mistake here and there Tao's mom stood up and gave him a tight hug and whispered "thank you." and that is the last time Jungkook played piano for her.


"Playing Fur Elise." Tao said through the kitchen "That's mom favorite song."
Jungkook stops in the middle"I'm sorry hyung." He now feels guilty of playing that song since it brings so many memories of Granny for the both of them.
"It's fine Jungkook I'm sure Mom is happy that you started to play the piano again."

When Jungkook turned  13 his life started to crumble and one of it is when his Granny left him alone and because of that he never touched nor played the piano again.

"Come on , Let's eat before the food start to get
cold," Tao announces as Jungkook stood up and heads to the dining table. After the dinner he said goodnight to Tao and headed to his room laying on his bed, tears start to pour down on his face as he remembers the times he spent with his granny  Crying his heart out he slowly drifted to sleep.

Standing in front of his mirror, The raven guy stares at his own reflection, moving his fingers to touch his not-so-swollen-anymore eyes in his perspective. Even though he did sleep, His swollen eyes didn't help to minimize the swollenness  of his eyes.

"
Damn. I sure did cry a lot." He says as he opens the doors and Tao is nowhere to be found and only a note that was placed on the table greeted him.


“Jungkook, I have to leave early due to something.
Breakfast is ready and it's just on the table and your uniform is inside your closet.
Don't be late on your first day of school and have fun. ^^

Ps. I'm really sorry for not dropping you on your first day.
- Tao Hyung.”


        Jungkook stares at the note for a couple of seconds and placed it down again. He knows that Tao will be busy at some point so he places the note on the table and took the food that Tao made for him and started eating. After the meal, he heads to his bathroom to take a bath once he’s done he opens his closet and took out the uniform he has to wear. After everything is ready he heads to the front door and gives the empty "I'm leaving" before closing the door.

Looking for the principal's office is easy since is just located on the right side as you enter the hallway.
"Hello, how can i help you?" The person on the desk said while giving him a smile.
"Ohhh, I'm looking for The Principal,Mr. Choi Siwon. I'm a new student and he told me to meet him at his office."
"You must be Jeon Jungkook just  enter that door to the left and you will meet Mr. Choi."
He gave the slight bow and heads to the door as soon as he placed his hand on the door knob "Mr.Jeon Welcome to Big Hit Academy."

"Good morning sir, My name is Jeon Jungkook the new transferee and you told me on the phone to meet
you," Jungkook said as his eyes glued to the ground.
"Jungkook, I've been waiting for you. Welcome to Big Hit Academy." He said as Jungkook gave him a smile.
"By the way, How's your mom doing?" Jungkook just stares at the principal rather shock at the question he received from him.
"How did you know about my mom?"
"Ohhh.. she and I were childhood friends. When i saw your report I knew that you are her son since you resemble her a lot."
Jungkook just gave him an awkward chuckle. "Ohh by the way, don't tell your mom about this." Jungkook suddenly nodded on his request
"Okay. now that's settled, shall we start."

In 30 minutes he talks about the vision,mission,rules and regulations, history of the school and some of the memories that he and his mother created.
"I guess that's
all. Hoseok will lead you to your next class. Hoseok you can come in." The principal instructed as a guy with the height taller than him, hair in a brownish color with a hint of a dimple
on his left cheeks.

"Jungkook, This is Hoseok.  He is a year above you." The principle introduced him as Jungkook gave him a slight bow.
"Hai Jungkook, I'll be the one who will take care of you for the rest of the year. I hope that we will be friends." Hoseok gave him the most genuine smile he ever received as he enters the Academy.
"Now, Now, better bring Jungkook to his class before the bell rings." The Principal told them as they both give him a bow and headed outside.

 


Who has thought that my class is at the opposite end of the building? As we head to my class Hoseok Hyung starts to ask me a lot of questions. From when i was born to why did I transfer here, to be honest, thanks to him i became a little more talkative.

"You
know If we going to walk in a very slow pace will be late hyung," I said walking backward to see his face while talking.
He gave me a soft chuckle "Do you want to be in your class on time?" I shook my head and gave him a  'no'. While still walking
backward and in a slow pace my mind suddenly starts to think about ..Busan. I miss it so much, I missed my mother's cooking,  kids shouting outside with those thought to start to invade into mind, sleepiness is joining too.

"Hey Jungkook, Jungkook - Watch out!"
Before i could even grasp what Hoseok is saying i turn myself in front and find myself bump into something or rather someone.
In a blink of an eye, I'm finally on the ground not quite sure if the papers that Mr. Choi gave me fell or actually me losing my balance from the sudden bump, but now here I am on the ground as my starts to ache
due
to the impact, papers scattered everywhere. As i look at the papers that were obviously everywhere to the pair of legs that were on my right side, just standing an inch or two beside me. I believe that it belongs to the person that i bumped into. The first thing comes to
my mind is to apologize.
"I'm sorry, I didn't - "


My gaze slowly moved up to the person's face and I completely hung my mouth wider than i should have as i saw the person i bumped into.
"thank
you, God, For creating such a handsome creature." It is my first thought that came to me as i stare in awe.
A below ear orange hair, defined jaw line, crescent eyes - I can actually write his attractive points
on a piece of paper and won't get bored. Wait -- orange hair?
I thought of it once
more.
Don't tell me he is the one i saw that day in the cafe, Nevermind that. Damn he can be included in the handsome, mesmerizing or just HOT! this, I'm now out of words.
To be honest, He is just an inch or two shorter than me but i don't give a about it and i can see his toned muscle hidden under his school uniform, oh he also have a piercing on his right ear and on -
"How long are you planning on staying there?"


Damn, his voice is a little high-pitched but who freaking cares!! and it suits him - huh, what? I blinked a couple of times as if I'm trying to remember everything that just happened a while ago.


Then once again i heard him did a 'tsk' and while staring at me with his 'annoyance' look
"I ing dropped my book when are
you ing bumped into me did you just completely forget  to use your eyes while walking?"
I completely blanked for a couple of times still adapting to  the situation that is going on right now and how the man just said to him. I must be hearing things due to exhaustion... I grabbed his black spiral notebook and handed it to him.
He harshly snatched his notebook and gave me a glare. Which lead me to stare at the floor completely avoiding his glare. Then i saw that under his shoes
were
my paper, he is stepping on my paper.


I hesitantly look up to him and pointed my finger on the paper that he is stepping. "Ummmm, You're stepping on my paper, can you, uh, sorry" Like seriously, Me completely lose my ability to speak? nice one Jungkook. I guess he understands as he looked at his feet and stopped the paper underneath it.


I really expect him to lift his foot so i could take it but then he swing his legs and sending the paper somewhere.
"Next time, watch where you're going?"
My eyes are as big as the owl's eye at  the sudden or rather unexpected attitude of the other person. As i can hear footsteps walking away. He finally completed his analysis about him, He bumps into a handsome creature that turns out to be a complete .
Hoseok, who watched the entire scene in school as he quickly helps me to pick all the papers, even though I'm still staring at him as he walks away. "Jungkook,come on. Just ignore him." Hoseok whispers it into my ears and slowly tapping my shoulder, hoping to get my attention.

you.


I think to myself before i can finally start to pick up the remaining papers that were just everywhere. I paused for a minute when i caught a glimpse of Hosoek's expression. He didn't know why Hosoek's looks like that until he hears a familiar footstep coming closer, stopping in front of me.
"what did you just say?"


.
 


 

• Chapter One 
Completed. ^^

Omg guys, I'm really sorry for the late update.
University is being an right now. -_-
Anyways, This is actually 3,4005 words which are really shocking for me because this is actually the longest chapter I've ever written in all of my stories.
I hope this can make it up for the delay of updating this. ^^

by the way, what do you think about the new layout?
Do you like it or you guys prefer the normal one?

 

 

{Beta-read:06-03-2016}