Intruder Alert

Intruder Alert

Sana was never a sound sleeper.

    "It's just the wind... It's JUST the wind..." Sana squeezed her eyes shut in her bed and clutched her pillows and plushies as tightly as she could. By the time everyone had fallen asleep that night, a storm started to brew and the wind had startled the girl to wake from her sleep.
   

 Living in a house with eight other girls hasn't been a problem for Sana since the Twice members had started living together, but she still had some fears of the dark. Although it was completely rational in her mind, the girls all though Sana was being a big baby, so much so that even the actual baby of the group, Tzuyu, for it. Her best friend Momo however, was the only one to come to her rescue when the others all thought she was being a wimp.
  

  "Mina-yah" Sana called out, her plea only to be met with silence from her fellow Japanese roommate. She called again, louder the next time, which luckily evoked a turn over and groan from the black swan. "Do you hear that?"
  

  "Yeah, it's just a little thunder. Go back to sleep unnie," the ballerina responded, groggy and annoyed. She flopped back over onto her other side to face the wall and went back to her now disturbed sleep. Sana, unconvinced her bandmate even cared, continued to listen to the world around her, and heard a disturbingly loud cracking sound in the direction of their kitchen.
  

  "Mina! Jisoo! I think there's someone in the house!" Sana cried, desperately pleading for her roommates' attention. Neither budged from their positions, which left the restless girl in a state of panic. She quickly glanced at the small digital clock on top of a small shelf: "3:47." Who could possibly be up at this hour?
  

   In a flash, she sat up and pondered her options. She could either try to go back to sleep and act as if nothing happened, or be the hero and find out what was going on in their kitchen. The call of slumber was beckoning her, but she felt that she needed to protect her members and decided to muster up all of the courage in her oversized-sweatshirt consumed body.  
  

  Sana swiftly swung her legs towards the floor from underneath her soft purple blanket to put on the squirrel slippers she received from a fan. Standing up as to not make her bed creak, she slowly made her way to the door before considering what would happen if she actually caught an intruder. In the dark, it was hard to find her #1 weapon of choice, but feeling her way through the blackness of the room earned Sana a heavy, wide toothed comb, complete with a sparkly, studded backing panel that could really pack a punch if dropped on an unsuspecting foot.
  

  Making her way down the hallway towards their main living space, Sana discovered a dim orange light coming from their food prep area. Pondering if someone could have left a light on, she crouched down and tip-toed her way down the corridor. It wasn't until she heard a raspy cough that it hit her- there actually was someone in the kitchen. She reached the service window part of the wall and poked her head over the counter space just enough to see what was going on.

 

A hooded figure stood perched at their fridge, searching and rummaging through its contents.

 

"Why would a robber be looking through our food?" Sana thought to herself for a moment before finally gearing up to do what she felt she had to. Waddling her way through the kitchen's doorway, she silently made her way, unnoticed, to the tiled area right behind the intruder. Sana couldn't exactly make out any signs of who could possibly be in their home, so she acted as quickly as possible.

   

 Almost at light speed, Sana lifted the hairbrush she had been clutching, closed her eyes, and swung in the direction of the head under the hood. She couldn't believe what she had done and didn't even open her eyes until she heard the body in front of her fold to the ground in a thud.
    

It was then that she had realized her mistake. In the moments following, Sana's mind was filled with panic as she bent down and pulled the intruder's hood back to reveal a blonde, ponytailed dancer.
 

    "MOMO! I'm so sorry! I thought you were someone breaking into our house! Are you okay? I'm so sorry! eotteoghae..." Sana fully knelt down, placed her friend's head onto her lap, and began to rub her thumb lightly over her forehead.
 

    "I... I just wanted jokbal..." Momo uttered weakly, her eyes slowly fluttering open.
 

    "I didn't know it was you... I'm so sorry Momoring..." Sana apologized, unable to believe that's she had nearly knocked out her best friend. Momo began to sit up, and Sana did everything she could to help her back to her feet. "I know you get hungry at night but what was all that noise before? I thought you were an intruder!"
 

    "Oh yeah, sorry, I dropped a plate when I went to heat up my jokbal." Momo pointed and Sana took in the image of a plate on the counter with a sizable crack running down its center. She winced, thinking of how much it probably cost, but her friend's health was her priority at the moment. She reached into the fridge that still sat open and grabbed an ice pack that was usually only used after long dance practices. Handing the cold pack to Momo who had situated herself onto the countertop, Sana scooted up onto the marble workspace next to her bandmate and leaned her head onto her shoulder.
 

    "I'm sorry, I really am, but at least wake me up the next time you're in need of a midnight snack- you know I'm afraid of the dark and I could at least help you to clean up." They both laughed, and agreed on their next late night food adventure.