You Did What!?

Baby Boy

"So you, Kim Minseok, adopted.....a child?"

Minseok smiled his adorable gummy smile as he continued to spread peanut butter on a piece of bread.

"Isn't he is cute? Little Yixing. And, hey, he's Chinese too." Minseok plopped another piece of bread over the first peanut butter covered one and placed the sandwich on a plate.

Bounding out of the kitchen like a happy bunny, he handed the small three year old his sandwich.

"Thank you, Minseok—ssi." Yixing said politely, taking the plate. 

Minseok squealed internally.

"Yixing, you can call me Minseok Appa. Okay?"

Yixing smiled up at Minseok, almost gratefully.

"Okay, Minseok Appa." He said cutely.

Minseok squealed externally. Ready to tackle Yixing and suffocate the child in cuddles and hugs, he was successfully stopped by Luhan who dragged him back to the kitchen.

"Minseok, we need to talk."

Minseok's eyebrows furrowed, a feat often fawned over by Luhan. But today, the Chinese was having none of it.

"What's wrong, Lu—ge?"

"Minseok you know I love you. And you know I love childern. But you can not go adopting a child, especially without consulting me first. I mean what were you thinking? This child is to be your responsibility until he is able to take care of himself which legally isn't until he's 18 which is fifteen mothering years from now."

Luhan hadn't even realized Minseok was crying until he heard a small sniffle.

Oh no.

"Lu—Luhan...."

Oh no.

"I—I'm sorry~!" He wailed.

Luhan was quick to pull Minseok's small frame into his arms, letting him cry into his chest. 

Why did he have to yell?

You see, Minseok's sensitivity was like that of a child's. If he caught whiff of anything that would point to him being in trouble or that someone was mad at him, he would cry. And cry and cry and cry.

Most people would find that quality annoying, but Luhan finds it precious. It makes him want to protect Minseok. To keep him safe from all the harsh people in the world. 

So seeing his beloved cry like this, doesn't irk or irritate him. It breaks his heart. Especially after knowing he caused the tears.

"Minseok. Min~. Baby boo, I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell." He said softly, placing a kiss on Minseok left temple. "I'm just concerned that you didn't think this through."

Minseok pulled away a bit, his eyes big and glassy, his cheeks flushed a pretty red.

"I'm s—sorry. I—I just....when I was walking home, I —I took a short cut. A—And I went past the orphanage and I saw him. B—But the other kids wouldn't play with him. He looked so sad, Lu—ge."

Luhan ran a hand through Minseok's hair, watching his face contort with sadness whilst recalling the memory.

"I—I didn't want that for him....s—so—"

"You adopted him?"

Minseok simply nodded. Luhan sighed.

"Well, its not like we can take him back. That would be cruel."

"Lu—ge, I promise...I—I'll take care of him! You won't have to do a thing. I'll do everything. Feed him, clothe him, wash—"

"Um, excuse me?"

Minseok blinked.

"This child is as much mine as it is yours." Luhan said with a playful smile, nuzzling their noses together. "But under one condition."

Minseok pouted cutely. "What?"

Leaving him unanswered, Luhan walked into the living room where Yixing sat still munching on his sandwich whilst watching television. Kneeling down next to the boy, Luhan proceeded to speak in Chinese.

"Hello Yixing. I'm Luhan, and I'll be your new father."

Yixing raised an eyebrow. "But I thought Minseok Appa was my father. Do you mean I have two now?"

Luhan chuckled. "Yes I suppose you do. But we'll need a way for you to differentiate us."

"How?"

"Call me, Baba and Minseok, Umma."

Minseok was standing in the doorway. His Chinese was at a kindergarten level at best so he didn't get much out of the conversation. Although he worked up upon hearing the Korean word ; Umma.

"Okay!" Yixing chirped happily. Sliding off the couch, he walked past Luhan and to Minseok. He held his empty plate up to him.

"Minseok Umma, may I please have another?" The little boy asked politely.

Minseok head shot up to a snickering Luhan.

"Oh you didn't."

 

 

 

-

A/N ;- sorry it's short