Chapter 1

Under The Umbrella

Playlist: Christina Perri - Butterfly


Sooyoung never liked the idea of waking up and going to school but since it was her step mother that pays for it, she has no objections.

Not all step mothers are bad. Hers was an exception, and an example of a nice one. Ever since her biological mother passed away, it was her step mother that helped her going through it and after that, she would never thought they would get along though she is still not used to calling her 'mom'.

 

After breakfast, she bid her stepmother goodbye before leaving with her brothers; and secretly bringing the umbrella along. Mornings are never peaceful to her. They would never reach the school without her brother bickering about the smallest things possible. Other people would just run off and leave them behind but not her. She loves them as they are and that is what makes them one of a kind.

"Sooyoungie? Since when did you buy that umbrella?" Chanyeol pointed at the object she holds.

"Oh um...it's a friend's."

And that's all. If they never asked, she would never tell. But she doesn't really mind actually. After all, her family are open minded people and Chanyeol has been fussing her to get a boyfriend, or girlfriend- depends of her preference.

 

"Bye guys! I'll see you afterschool."

Sooyoung waved at her brothers and went on their own classes. The three siblings are lucky to have each other in the same high school, with Jimin who just entered junior year, Sooyoung in her sophomore year and Chanyeol who is in his last year of high school.

She heard footsteps behind her and she didn't need to guess. It was non other than-

"SOOYOUNGIIIEE!"

Im Jinah. friends since middle school, same age but jinah is obviously taller and prettier and everything. If someone were to ask for the definition of beauty, the answer is Jinah. And also not to mention, her older brother's crush. Chanyeol had liked a lot of girls but to him, Jinah is different. Although Chanyeol is her brother, she would never approve Jinah to him. Not when it's her floppy brother.

Chanyeol who had almost reached his class, which is seven rooms away, heard Jinah's scream and turned around. He jogged- more like ran and casually bumping other people- to them. She stared at her brother in disbelief.

"Hi Jinah!" Chanyeol waved and subtlely scooted closer to her.

Jinah just bowed at her brother, she still has no idea about Chanyeol's 'puppy' crush. Chanyeol had told her to drop the formalities so many times but Jinah insist, saying that he's her senior and so on.

"Oh Nana, what's with the hurry? School haven't started in 30 minutes yet."

"Well I have this school council meeting 30 minutes before school and- OH CRAP I AM LATE! Look I gotta go, see you later Sooyoungie and Chanyeol sunbaenim."

 Jinah gave Sooyoung a quick hug before running towards the meeting. Chanyeol who happened to be lost in thoughts and probably admiring her beauty snapped into reality after Jinah was out of sight.

"Keep that drooling of yours to yourself, you look like a freakin dog eww." Sooyoung commented before heading back to her class.

 

Little did Sooyoung knew that somewhere among the distance, someone was watching her and eyeing the yellow umbrella she was holding.

A small smile formed on the person's lips.


[A/N]: sorry for the hiatus! I am graduating in a few months and exams are killing! But i will still update so don't worry.

Not edited yet.

xoxo