Prologue

Under The Umbrella

Playlist: Taylor Swift's Sparks Fly


Rain pouring tremendously, wetting everything on sight causing the earth's surface to become slippery. Sooyoung groaned in frustration as she held her water bottle tightly on one hand and the other holding her leather bag strapped over her shoulder. Her legs trotted moderately. However, despite wearing sneakers, she almost slipped from careless jogging. Who could blame her when the pathway is covered with puddles of water?

"Almost there." She panted lightly.

Her track stopped a few feet from the aimed shade she wished to stop. Looking around, her face drenched with disappointment when she sees the bus stop full of people and she was sure there were no more space left for her to squeeze in. She was about to turn away when she felt a soft, gentle poke on her shoulder. Gasping, and hoping it wasn't anyone she knows from school or the sassy delinquents who hates her guts for no reason, she boldly faced the person but all she received was an umbrella being shoved to her grasp.

"W-what?"

Her vision was blurry that time due to the rain and unfortunately, the owner of the umbrella ran off and all she could make out was the back view of that person; white uniform tucked into black pants and black hair. She assumed he was a student; and obviously a 'he' because if it would be a female, she would wear a skirt but this person was wearing a uniform. From which school? It was still unknown.

The rain was no longer felt as she was hooded by the umbrella, plain yellow umbrella specifically.

She glanced around anf hoping she could find that person but it was useless as she hasn't even seen his face.

Shrugging off, she walked her way back home with a satistied smile tugged on her lips.

 

"Mom?"

Sooyoung stepped into the dreaded house. She could hear high pitched screams and shouts from the distance but it was never unusual. The Park household will never be filled with tranquility and peace. They were made, not only by one person but more than that. She has to share a house with her other noisy siblings who couldn't keep their mouth shut for five seconds and when they do open their mouth, you just have to cover your ears or you'll be deaf by then.

"Give it back you asshat!"

She recognized that deep husky voice. It was her older brother, Park Chanyeol.

"I called dips first. So technically, IT'S MINE!" Another voice replied, but this one was high pitched and different from Chanyeol's.

Sooyoung caught an orange hair guy came running down the stairs hastily. Following him behind was a guy taller than the orange hair guy, stomping the floor furiously.

"Park Jimin! Stop right there! I will knock you down once I catch you, ya hear me?" Chanyeol shouted. He just had to shout.

Jimin, her younger step brother who had been holding his laughter was laughing madly He waved what it seems like; a remote control above his head.

"Will you guys please keep your volume down?!?" A stressed looking woman came out of the kitchen, massaging her temples with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh Youngie, you're back." The woman smiled, uncertain if it was fake or genuine.

"Hi...mom."

Sooyoung still felt uneasy calling the woman, 'mom' after living under her roof for a year. That woman is her step mother whom just joined the Park family after her biological mother died from sickness. Her father lived in depression and despondency so Sooyoung and Chanyeol had no choice but to approve their father's approval of marrying another woman; though they didn't expect it to be a widow with a son younger than both of them.

"Put your stuffs down and come inside with me, let's drink hot cocoa together." Her stepmother invited.

Sooyoung obeyed without hesitation since drinking hot cocoa in a cold weather is her favourite stuff to do.

Before entering the kitchen, she placed the yellow umbrella near the front door, beside the shoe rack. Throwing last glance towards the umbrella, she ran off.

 


[A/N] I was actually planning to make this as a one shot but it will take me a long time to finish so here's a chaptered fic instead :)

criticisms and comments are welcomed

see you in a few!<3