A New Beginning

The Second First Time I Saw You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Taeminnie!" Key squealed jumping from his porch as Taemin's taxi parked in front of his house. He ran to the car and wrapped his arms around the blond boy as soon as he exited the vehicle. "Tae-tae! I missed you so much!" he said squeezing the boy in his hold.

"Eh... K-Key... You're hurting me..." Taemin barely spoke out of breath

"Omo... Mianhe!" Key chuckled as he set his friend free and took a step back to look him over. "You look skinnier..." he said with a disappointed frown.

Taemin chuckled. "I'm fine, hyung, really." he said and gave the elder a reassuring smile. Key smiled back at him and hopped two times with happiness. "Can't believe you're finally here!" he said grabbing Taemin's hands in his. Taemin laughed softly at his hyung's hapiness. "Come on, let's get your bags inside.

Taemin's smile dropped a little. "Hum... Key?"

"Neh sweetie?"

"I... I didn't brought any bags..." he said lowly

Key blinked confused and looked behind Taemin to the taxi opened door. There was nothing inside. He looked back at his friend wide raised eyebrows.

"Why...?" he asked lowly.

Taemin sighed and gave him a weary smile. "Let's get inside, hyung. I'll tell you everything."

And so Key sent the taxi away and they went inside. There was a nice fire the fireplace warming up the living room, the flames crackling sound feeling Taemin's ears adorably.

"It's been so long since I came here..." Taemin murmured as he looked around

"Too long." Key added pulling him by the had to sit in the couch. "Now tell me, what happened?" he asked soft by sternly

Taemin looked him in the eyes and inhaled deep. He owed Key an explanation. After all, Key had been asking him to move in for years but he never accepted. And now it was him, Taemin, asking if he could finally take the offer. The thing is, Taemin had no home now. He had no place to go but there.

"Aunt Hanna died" Taemin answered lowly

"Omo! Really?" Key asked, his eyes wide. "When?"

"Last month..."

"Aigoo..." he pressed his lips to a thin line he held Taemin's hands. "But... wait, that was when you called me... about coming here..."

"Yes." Taemin answered him sadly

There was a moment of silence as Key perceived Taemin's unspoken words. "They cast you out." he just said. Taemin gave him a nod and Key leaned in wrapping his arms around the younger boy. "It's ok Minnie-yah, you still have me." he said soothingly, his hand caressing Taemin's back up and down.

Taemin smiled sadly in his best friend arms. He had no more tears to cry, but Key was right, he still had him.

Taemin and Key knew each other since they were infants. They had both grown in a small town, with a small population. Key was the son of the bakery owner and Taemin... well, Taemin was no one's son. He had been left, still a baby, in the temple stairs in the middle of the night. An ahjuma had found him and took care of him. She worked as a house keeper of a manor nearby. She asked permission to take the baby in and so she raised Taemin as her own. Aunty Hanna, as he called her. He grew strong and happy, always helping her with the house chores. When she got sick, he took her place. When she got old, he took care of her. But now that she was gone, he had no place in the manor. They had no use for him anymore. And he... he got nothing left but the hope for a new beginning.

"You're here now, and that's all that matters." Key said softly as he leaned back and stared at Taemin's caramel orbs. "Now..." he looked the blond boy up closely "You're gonna need new things..." he shriveled his nose as he opened Taemin's coat. "A new sweater to begin with. And a new coat. This one's too big for you honey..." he said with that look on his face that Taemin knew mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter