Destiny

The Second First Time I Saw You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Damn it Jonghyun! Why didn't you wake me up?!" Minho yelled running around for a pair of matching socks, his hair dripping wet from the quick shower he had just taken.

"Shill out man... You still have time" his roommate said with a yawn, lazily scratching the back of his neck.

Minho looked up at the man leaning against his bedroom door. "Still have time? The train leaves in half an hour!"

"What? I thought you said the lecture was only on the afternoon..."

"It is" Minho replied picking up the white shirt he had chosen the night before and putting it on

"Then why do you wanna go this early?"

"It's a 3 hours train trip to Busan. And I want to arrive at least an hour and a half earlier."

"Why would you do that?" Jonghyun asked raising an eyebrow

"I still have to deliver the hospital's list of attendance. Director Kim will kill me if  I don't get there on time." he answered monotone. He dressed his best suit and sat on his bed to tie his shoes

"I still don't see why you need an extra hour and a half for that" Jonghyun said with another yawn "Oh, well... suit yourself. I'm gonna have breakfast"

"No you're not." Minho threw at him "You're gonna take me to the train station" he said getting up and taking a look at himself in the mirror

"Whaaaat?" Jonghyun whined loudly

"How do I look?" Minho asked turning himself to his friend

"You look like a damn lawyer!" Jonghyun answered annoyed

"Close enough. Now get dressed." Minho replied and Jonghyun turned around mumbling incoherent words on his way to his bedroom. Minho looked around to see if he had forgotten anything and his eyes fell on the box of cookies his mother sent him a few days before. He opened it and looked inside. There was only one left: a fortune cookie. He smiled and picked it out. With a slight snap he opened it and pulled out the tiny piece of paper.

«There's nothing in the world like a second first time.»

Not knowing exactly what to think of such strange saying he just saved the paper into his travelling coat pocket and exited the room.

Twenty eight minutes later Jonghyun dropped Minho in front of Seoul Station. Gabbing his travelling coat and briefcase from the back seat he got off the car and ran though the exiting crowd to go buy the ticket.

"One ticket to Busan, please" he told the lady behind the guichet.

"The train is already leaving sir. You'll have to hurry." she said giving him the small piece of paper. He barely grabbed it as he turned around and ran to the lines' side of the station.

Stopping abruptly to look at the information screen he ran his eyes through the train list. "Busan - line 7" he read to himself. He turned around but as he started running again something hit him hard making him bounce back. He felt a sweet smell of coffee and blinking his eyes he saw a lean figure fall on the ground in front of him, a Starbucks cup on his hand, the hot liquid literally flying over his chest at the impact. The man hit the ground with a small whimper and Minho immediately bent down to help him out.

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry, sir! I didn't see you!" he said stretching out a hand to the stranger on the ground who was shaking his coffee drenched sweater. Somewhere ahead he heard the train horn announce its departure. Damn it! Minho cursed to himself looking up to the moving train. And another sound filled his ears. But not a sound one should expect to hear in a train station full of noise, moving people and transportations. It was something so different... not just any sound. A clear melody like tiny silver bells floating through the air. He felt captive by such sound and fighting his mind to keep thinking clear he tried to identify it. Was that laughter? He looked back down and saw the man who he had just knocked down smile at him. The sight struck him hard and Minho blinked a couple of times trying to clear his head. He might just had knocked down an angel. Or something very close to one. That must have been the most beautiful man he had ever seen in his entire life. Soft white skin, slightly plump pinkish lips, golden hair framing his face just perfectly, his fringe falling softly over his big cheerful caramel eyes... The mere sight of him made Minho feel numb.

"I..." Minho heard his own voice like a distant and strange noise  "I'm sorry" he said once again and helped the man getting up. He felt the soft skin of the stranger's hand and a weird and powerful feeling seemed to have passed through him. Somehow he didn't want to let go.

"It's ok. It was just an accident. You looked like you where in a hurry" the man said smiling at him.

"Ye-yeah" he stuttered clumsily. Up close the man's eyes where an even more mesmerizing shade of amber. Minho seemed unable to get his eyes off of him.

"Is there something on me? Besides the cappuccino?" he asked with a curious smile followed by a chuckle

"I... I..." Minho felt himself blush. What an idiot, staring like that at someone you don't even know! "I'm sorry. It was rude of me. Please let me pay you another cappuccino"

"Oh there's no need." the stranger said waving his delicate hand in the air "You should hurry though, or you might lose your transportation."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter