Chapter 6

My Exception

It has been three months since Mark settle in and nothing had changed except we're more comfortable with each other, closer. I still haven't talked to Jackson about canceling the bet but thought more and more about telling him, beginning to feel a bit more than friendship and desire about my roommate. But all wasn't full of pink and roses because there still is Bambam and his objective of seducing Mark. Well, I shouldn't care about it, right? That was what I thought and what JB kept on telling me... Until Mark told me something, a night when we were watching a movie cuddling in the couch.

 

Do you think I should ask Bambam out?”

 

I swear my world fell into pieces at this right moment.

It was quite hard to hide my pain, you know?

 

Why are you asking me?”

 

To know what you think about it, what else?”

 

Is he kidding me?!

 

And what do you want me to say?” I asked, pissed off.

 

Well... What you think about it...?” He answered, unsure.

 

And you? What do you think about it?”

 

I really dreaded his answer.

 

I don't know...” He began, “But I was thinking... It's been a long time now since he has been trying to seduce me, so maybe I should give it a try? Perhaps I'll eventually have feelings for him and fall in love? What do you think?”

 

I felt like crying. My throat ached and I felt my eyes watering bit by bit. I used my last strengths to answer him.

 

I dunno, Mark, do as you want, I don't think I have my word to say about your love life.”

 

I hadn't talked to him this coldly since he settled in three months ago, even when we argued. I didn't let him the time to answer that I got up and passed through the window, texting JB about my arrival. I entered his apartment and went to his bedroom where he was waiting for me, a worried expression on his face. In three months, many things had happened... But I never came back even once at JB's place.

He opened his arms and I practically ran into them, hugging him tightly. I cried this night. So ing much. Until I finally fell asleep in my best friend's arms.

 

The next day I woke up thanks to butterfly kisses left on my face. My eyes, nose, cheeks, forehead... I slowly opened my eyes and found myself nose to nose with my friend, a sweet smile on his lips. I tried my best to give him one back but must have failed because his own faded. He gave me an interrogative look and I sighed before telling him all that happened, some tears coming out from my eyes.

He didn't say anything when I finished my story. He just hugged me tight.

I didn't come back to my place this day. Nor the next. And I went to school by train with JB, wearing some of his clothes.

 

Seams like fate wanted to make me regret liking someone because it's a smiling YoungJae whom welcomed us this morning.

 

Guys! Do you know what happened?” He grinned, “Seams like Mark asked Bambam out! He told me so yesterday!”

 

I could never feel worst than now...

 

But frankly” he continued, “I thought the two of you would finish together, Junior, weren't you even a couple?!”

 

Well, seams like I can.

I forced a smile, not saying anything, and made my way to the toilet, JB following me. I cried for two hours. I haven't had cried this much since my adolescence and I was annoyed that this was because of a boy – not even a girl !

I lifted my head to face my friend.

 

Fine. I've cried enough for him. I can't even be mad at him 'cause he didn't do anything wrong! It's not his fault if he doesn't like me... I bet he doesn't even know how bad I'm feeling.”

 

I sighed and lowered my head but JaeBum lifted it up with a finger under my chin.

 

Go out with me.”

 

I frowned, not sure whether I heard it right or not.

 

Don't worry, I don't have hidden feelings towards you or else” He said, kidding “But if you want him to know how you feel, make him feel the same way. If he has feelings for you he'll find out, if not... Well, you won't lose anything by trying, will you? In that case we'll find you someone ten times better, don't worry.”

 

But I don't want anybody but him, said a voice in my head. Then make him realize you're the one he wants... another one said. Fine.

I took a deep breath and nodded.

 

And well, it's not like it would be different from what we usually do together. Just it'll be public. It will work.” He said with a smile.

 

I nodded another time and we made our way to our next class, for another annoying day.

 

 

It's exhausted that we went back to our places this evening. For once, JB escorted me to my apartment.

 

Do you want me to go with you inside?” he asked.

 

I don't know... I don't even know whether he's back from work or not.” I answered.

 

As I said it I saw a silhouette that I recognized very well making its way in our direction.

 

Oh my God...” I whispered, “Jae, kiss me!”

 

Excuse me?!” He whispered back.

 

Just do it!”

 

He frowned but placed his hands on my cheeks and approached his face to put his lips on mine. I closed my eyes, even though I was craving about the other boy's reaction, to make it look even more realistic. I pulled back a few seconds later and looked behind JB.

 

Oh! Mark, you're already back?” I asked.

 

He didn't move, a few meters away from us, and contracted his jaw.

 

It's all you have to say when you left me all alone for two days?” He replied.

 

I frowned.

 

It's not like it's the first time I'm doing it.”

 

No, you're right. It's the second, and I'm pretty sure I've told you to let me know about it the first time.”

 

Come on, you saw me leaving the room by the window.”

 

You didn't come back this morning! And now I find you in JB's arms?!”

 

Excuse me?! Did I tell you anything about Bambam?!”

 

At least I've told you first!”

 

Okay, so now I'm not able to be in a relationship if you haven't agreed?

 

It's not what I wanted to-...”

 

Don't try to explain yourself. I'm out.” I cut him.

 

He didn't have the time to say anything that I took JB's hand and made my way to the elevator. Before going in I turned around.

 

I'm sleeping at JB's. At least I've told you.” I said, sarcastic.

 

I turned around and entered in the elevator with my friend who wasn't saying anything, still chocked by what happened.

 

I collapsed on the bed and, even if I had the urge to, I didn't cry. How could all this have turned this way?

 

I just had finished my shower when someone rang at the door. I let JB open the door and stayed in the bed, looking at the ceiling. I realized bit by bit all I've said to Mark earlier and began to regret it. I shouldn't have talked to him like this... I want to hug him so hard...

I saw the door opened, out of the corner of my eye and asked:

 

Who was it?”

 

Me.” A voice that I knew too much replied.

 

I felt my eyes watering and stayed still a moment before standing up to see Mark in front of me, waiting leaned on the door. He opened his arms and I rushed at him, slapping myself inwardly for being so weak. He cradled me and I let out a single tear. I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

 

I'm sorry.” I said.

 

He shook his head slowly and caressed my hair.

 

No, I am sorry. I was just a bit jealous that you're always telling JB when something's wrong instead of me. I know, JB's your best friend and all but still...”

 

He gave me a reproachful look.

 

And as I could've seen there was more than what I thought it was between you, right?”

 

It's not like I hid it from you or else! We're only together since this morning and... Well I wasn't at home so I couldn't tell you. And you didn't tell me for Bambam either so we're even!”

 

I wanted you to be the first one informed but someone has decided not to come back home this day so...”

 

I laughed a bit but quickly went serious.

 

And... How is it going on?” I asked.

 

I don't really know... I still haven't seen him since I asked him out but he looked quite happy on the phone.”

 

Yeah, I could tell...

 

And you?” He asked suddenly.

 

What me?”

 

You and JB. You didn't tell me you had feelings for him.”

 

Oh yeah, that thing.

 

It's... Kind of... Difficult.” I answered.

 

He frowned.

 

How's that?”

 

It's not like we love each other, you see? But since we were quite close and natural with each other we decided to give it a try. We already acted like a couple so it isn't that different...”

 

Ah.” He simply replied.

 

I couldn't identify the expression on his face but he quickly went serious.

 

So? You're going back home tonight, right?” He asked hopefully.

 

He pouted and I accepted, laughing at his cuteness.

We joined JB that waited for us in the living-room. As soon as he saw me he smiled and made his way behind me to put his hands on my waist and lay his chin on my shoulder.

 

You're leaving?” He asked.

 

I nodded, faking a smile, as he kissed my neck. I tried my hardest not to tense up.

Someone coughing brought us out of our fake idyll and I rolled my eyes at Mark.

I began to leave with Mark but JB took me by the arm and moved myself closer to him. He put a hand on my neck and kissed my lips. I kissed him back, my fake smile still on, and we separated a few seconds later. He pecked a last time my lips and let me go, saying loud enough for Mark to hear:

 

See you tomorrow, sweetheart!”

 

I blushed, not prepared for that and quickly answered.

 

See ya!”

 

I rushed to Mark who frowned.

 

I thought you said there were no feelings between the both of you?”

 

There aren't any.”

 

Did he tell you so?”

 

Yes.”

 

He pouted and said nothing as we entered our apartment.

I collapsed on the couch.

 

What do you want to eat?” Mark asked me from the kitchen.

 

Pasta!” I said happily.

 

Let's do that.”

 

We cooked together and ate while watching some movies, making fun of the actors and the boring plots until we fell asleep in the couch...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning people !

I know, I know... This chapter was quite cruel with the JJProject and MarkBam thing BUT don't worry it wont last long niark niark.. It's not my style to spoil something from the next chapter but well... Bambam will appear and Junior doesn't plan on staying all alone muahaha !

BY THE WAY, some of you already know but I'll repeat myself in the case that not everybody has read the foreword : I'M.NOT.ENGLISH. Get it? So yeah, there're some mistakes. And I'm REALLY sorry for that. But it's not like I can do something about it since I don't even know WHERE the mistakes are, okay? I've already warned you in the beginning so I wouldn't receive bad comments about it but seems like some people don't read the foreword. Whatever. You eyes ache? Feel free to leave. I'm not paying english classes just for a fic on AF, thanks for understanding.

 

PS : THANK YOU MY DEAR 100+ SUSCRIBERS YOU MAKE ME WANT TO WRITE EVEN MORE OF THIS STORY *^* (And honestly I didn't even think that this thing that came out of my silly mind would even please xD So thanks again !)

Don't forget to suscribe, upvote and comment ~ ♥

#ChoubiDoubi