Chapter 3

My Exception

 

I sighed as I walked out of the University. Of relief and tiredness. Relief of having passed the exam and surely succeeded in it, and tiredness of the endless nine-hour day of classes I just spent.

 

I inserted the keys into the lock and opened the door but stopped all of my movements when I saw a half- Mark in the living-room, drops of sweat all over his torso. I would have fainted if I haven't had any pride and self-love. I swallowed when our eyes met as he was removing the sweat on his forehead. God... Kill me now.

 

There you are!” He said with a bright smile. “You're back late, today!”

 

I nodded my head, sill under the shock of the celestial vision.

I cleared my throat and answered :

 

I... I had classes 'til five and a half. And... You? What were you... erm... doing”

 

I had more and more difficulties to contain my blushing... His body was claiming “ me”, I swear!

 

He smiled and answered:

 

I was perfecting the choreography I have to teach to some trainees tomorrow.”

 

Oh? So your first day of work was fine, I guess?”

 

He smirked.

 

I saw all the choreographers killing me with glares each time I was in the corridors, so I guess I'll enjoy this job.”

 

I burst out laughing and asked him:

 

And, by any chance... Can I see? I mean, can I see you dance?”

 

He smiled but shook his head.

 

No way, it's too embarrassing!”

 

I raised an eyebrow, a smirk on my lips.

 

Really? You? Embarrassed? I don't think they would have hired you if you were embarrassed to dance in front of some people.”

 

He smirked and approached a little bit.

 

Who said you were “some people”?”

 

Wowowowow... Someone call the doctor, I'm not feeling well AT ALL! I forced my eyes to focus on his, and not downer, even though it was pretty hard.

He smiled once again before making his way to the bathroom. Why does my heart beat so fast?! I collapsed on the couch for a moment and tried my best to calm my heart beats. I'm not homoual... but I may be a little bit Mark-ual...

 

I was on my way to my bedroom when someone rang at the door. I sighed and began to walk to the opposite direction when the bathroom's door opened wide on an half- but showered Mark in pajamas pants. Twice a day, it's too much.

He noticed me and I blushed slightly.

 

Oh, you're here? I was about to open the door.” He said.

 

Hum... Yeah, I was... Erm...”

 

The door rang once again and I rushed to open the door... What a surprise! Bambam is here... Let's be clear, Bambam never came to my house. Like never ever.

 

Bam...?” I began. “What are you doing here?” I asked suspiciously.

 

The guys didn't tell you?” He asked, surprised. “We have dinner at your home, tonight! So I thought it would be better if I arrived sooner, don't you think so?”

 

I rolled my eyes. Yeah... Obviously...

 

And... You're going to let me come inside or...?” he asked.

 

I nodded and turned around but hit something. Obviously the thing I had to hit was shirtless Mark. I so love my life. I jumped a little in surprise and excused myself before letting an angry Bambam in.

He quickly turned himself to Mark with a bright smile and I rolled my eyes. I can't believe it...

 

So, Mark? Do you like being here?”

 

The boy nodded.

 

I really appreciate this city and Junior is the perfect roommate.” he declared.

 

I gave him a dazed look to which he answered with a smirk.

 

Yes... He's quite discrete, so you must not hear him too much” Bambam said, frowning.

 

The blond guy took a look at me and almost laughed.

 

I don't know if discrete is the word, but yeah, I like him like he is”.

 

I blushed hard and collapsed on the couch to hide my cheeks in a pillow. The two followed and went on the couch, Mark next to me – which, if you wonder, Bambam didn't appreciate – and began to talk about everything and anything as I tried to find a comfortable pose to sleep. It wasn't quite easy with the two others on the same couch.

I was thinking of abandoning when I felt my legs lifting up a little to settle on something else. I opened my eyes and saw that they were on Mark's, his hands on my thighs, and I couldn't stop myself from thinking that this position seemed very natural... almost like a couple... I blushed and did not miss the dark look Bambam gave me when Mark didn't look at him.

 

Almost fifteen minutes later, when I was about to fall asleep, Bambam suddenly stood up and said:

 

I need to go to the bathroom. JinYoung, show me the way.”

 

Oh yeah? That was “JinYoung”, now?

 

But Kunpimook, you know exactly where the-...” I began but was cut by the youngest.

 

I said show me the freaking way, JinYoung!”

 

I sighed and sent an apologizing look to Mark as I stood up and made my way to the bathroom after Bambam, who already knew where it was, though he didn't stop here. He opened my bedroom's door and entered the room. I could smell the quarrel from here...

 

He closed the door behind us and crossed his arms with such a look that I wanted to beg for his pardon even though I didn't even know what I did wrong.

He took a long breath and pinched the bridge of his nose.

 

Can you tell me please since when you're freaking gay?”

 

I opened wide eyes.

 

What the hell?! I'm not! What's going on with you guys?! Do I look gay?! It's because I'm thin, isn't it? I'm so going to work out!”

 

Stop denying it, Junior. Have you seen the way you act with Mark?”

 

And may I know how I act with Mark?!”

 

You blush, you're shy, and on the top of all, you let him touch you! You usually don't like it when men touch you.”

 

And how the heck could you know that, exactly?!”

 

I know that 'cause I've been in love with for a very long time, if you want to know! I've been in love with you for five damn years, okay?! And I tried all that was in my power to make you understand my feelings but you turned my down each freaking time without even being aware of it! Than you began to go out with many girls and you can't even imagine how much it hurt me!

 

I hardly heard someone ringing at the door, too shocked by what the younger has told me. I never ever thought of Bambam as something else than a friend. Ever.

 

And...” he continued, “bit by bit I forced myself to realize that you weren't interested in men, so my brain could tell my heart and convince it.”

 

Tears were falling down on his cheeks but I knew that he wouldn't want me to comfort him, at least not for the moment, willing to finish all he had to say.

 

Eventually, a few days ago, the perfect man arrived. Gorgeous, tall, kind, gay... It was the perfect occasion to forget you, I believed in it. I seduced him so hard and didn't even try to hide it 'cause I wanted you to realize that I could be happy with another man! It didn't work at all, if I can say... You didn't even notice that every time you were next to me I would be glued to Mark. You didn't because you only had eyes for him, and that pisses me off. You know why? Because I waited. I had the damn patience to wait for five ing years to finally convince myself that there was no freaking chance for you to love a man. And the day I find someone perfect to turn the page, you are interested in him, destroying all my thoughts of you being heteroual. But that's not the worst, no, 'cause otherwise I think could have supported it after a while. The worst is that he is ing interested in you! Can you understand what I'm feeling right now?! No, you can't! And I really hope you won't ever feel the same 'cause it ing hurts! Even if right now I hate you so very much, I can't wish you would ever feel the same because I just love you even more inside!

 

He stopped talking, but the sobs didn't. It was even harder now that he wasn't talking anymore.

I approached him and took him in my arms, placing his head on my torso and cradling him like a child. I felt him tightening his grip on my shirt and burying his head in my neck as he sniffed from time to time. Tears were rolling down my neck and under my shirt but I didn't really care at the moment. I just kept him against me for I don't know how long until he cooled down.

He lifted his tearful face at me and my heart tightened a little. I wish I could say so many things to him. How I was sorry that I've been blind all this time and that I liked Mark a little more than a friend, and that I wish he could forget me because I wasn't a man for him... Instead of all of these words I smiled to him. A smile that meant “forgive me” but also “thank you”, a smile he gave me back sad and still as tearful.

We stayed a moment like this, wordlessly. Than he broke the silence with a simple sentence:

 

Kiss me.”

 

Saying that I wasn't surprised would be a lie, yet I didn't show it and only took his head between my hands and approached myself. I was scared. I've never kissed a man before. But I will do it because it was Bambam and it was my way to say “sorry”. So I overcame my fear and pressed my lips with his. He responded to the kiss a few seconds after. It was sweet, like a caress... I nibbled his bottom lip and he answered back by delicately passing his tongue between my lips, as if he was afraid I might escape from him. I shivered. Not with disgust, not with delight, more with surprise. I returned the favor and the kiss intensified quickly. A few minutes later, we separated ourselves, breathless and red of awkwardness.

He heard some roars of laughter and I remembered we weren't all alone. I sighed and wiped the last tears on his cheeks away before designing the door with my thumb. He sighed too but followed me. As we arrived in the living room, the boys' reaction soon came.

 

Wow! We almost thought you left the house!” exclaimed JB.

 

I just showed the way to the bathroom to Bambam” I said.

 

Oh my God, Bambam, did you cry?!” yelled YugYeom.

 

What? That's... No, no... It's nothing, don't worry” he answered with a awkward laughter.

 

And by the way, Bam knows exactly were the...-” began Jackson but I cut him off.

 

Okay, Jack's! Let's talk about you, will you?” I changed the topic, “Because, well, I suppose this dinner was one your ideas, so can we know the reason of that?”

 

I probably was as red as a tomato but acted as nothing had happened – or at least tried hard. I didn't even give a glance at Mark, too scared he'll read in my thoughts.

 

To be frank” the browned-hair guy began, “I wasn't feeling like cooking and I didn't want to spend money on some disgusting or junk food, so I thought “why wasting my friends' cooking talents?!” and so I called the guys to come over.”

 

Oh yeah, and you didn't think that maybe you should've called me?” I asked with a sarcastic smile.

 

You know what? That's a good idea, I'll do it next time!”

 

I rolled my eyes, tired of his stupidity, and declared:

 

Well, thank you very much Jackson, now I have to go to the convenience store to buy some ingredients to cook something for you guys.”

 

I took my wallet.

 

Please don't burn, break, or flood anything, right Jackson? I count on you!”

 

The latter burst out laughing and began to tell this others how he once flooded my kitchen because of a bad-ending hand-washing. I rolled my eyes, a smile on the lips, and was about to leave the room when a voice called my name.

 

Junior, wait for me, I'm coming!”

 

I didn't have to turn around to know who had said this.

I waited a little bit and was joined by Mark. I was surprised he was wearing a t-shirt because I didn't know when he had got one.

The walk to the supermarket has been made in a complete silence. I was feeling too guilty to pronounce a single word, yet Mark seemed to want to say something, but I think he didn't know how to begin.

 

After three shelves in the supermarket, I couldn't take the pressure anymore.

 

I...” we talked at the same time.

 

I blushed but let him continue.

 

I wanted to know... With Bambam, earlier... You didn't really go to the bathroom, did you?”

 

The redness on my cheeks got even darker as I acted like I was looking at some vegetables.

 

Why you think so?” I managed to ask.

 

He seemed irritated by my question.

 

I'm not stupid, you know?” he answered “And when I went to my bedroom to get a shirt the bathroom was empty but your room was locked.”

 

I sighed and turned around to face him.

 

Bam wanted to tell me something so we went to my room.”

 

I blushed at the memory.

 

Why are you blushing? What happened? Does that have a link with all his attempts to seduce me?”

 

More or less...”

 

You didn't answer all the questions.”

 

And I won't! It would be betraying him!”

 

He sighed but gave up.

 

Fine, I can understand...”

 

I was about to sigh from relief when he leaned in and whispered in my ear:

 

Still... Puffy lips and messy hair, there are not thirty-six reasons to explain it.”

 

I blushed and put the tomato I had in my hand in the handbag.

 

I've got all we need, we can leave.”

 

 

I pouted as we were making our way back to the apartment, feeling guilty with all that thing with Bambam, when a hand interlaced with mine. I froze and opened wide eyes as I looked at Mark who was smiling shyly.

 

You aren't mad at me, are you?”

 

It was my turn to smile at him.

 

I'm the one to say that.”

 

He intertwined our fingers and approached me from him to plant a kiss on my forehead. My heart skipped a beat. I heard some bribes of talking from the group of girls on the bench behind us and can't help but listen to what they were saying...

 

... so cute!”

 

I swear, the day I find a man that loves me that much I marry him!”

 

I blushed and opened wide eyes as I looked at Mark who was almost laughing, hearing what the girls were saying too. I felt even shier and hid my head in the other's neck as the girls were yelling with high voices.

 

As we arrived at the apartment, I let go of his hand. He sent me a confused look as sent him an apologizing one. He didn't seem ok with it but didn't say anything and opened the door so we were welcomed by starving kids. I sighed, hoping they didn't break anything. Anything but my kitchen... Please.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I don't own the gif*

Many things happened  in this chapter, right? :3 I swear when I wrote the two first chapters even I didn't expect the BamNior thing to happen!

By the way, it's a chapter a little bit longer today, with more than 2K words *^* I'm so sorry if there are many grammar mistakes but it's kinda late right now but I wanted to update TODAY, so I did (even though it's already past midnight T^T)

Talking about BamNior, I'm not used to sadness, and to romance either x) Actually I just like to write some cute moments in publicy but... Well, that happened xD So sorry if it a little :3

Don't forget to suscribe !

ChoubiDoubi