Chapter 1

My Exception

-Jackson, what's wrong with me ?

 

The browned-hair boy looked up at me and sighed.

 

-I might have an idea but you'll be hurt if I told you.

 

-It's the third, Jack'! The third girl who breaks with me this year, and we're only in January, do you understand what I am saying to you?!

 

He sent me a compassionate look and put a hand on my shoulder.

 

-Okay, dude, let's take it from the start. Why did you get dumped, each time ? Do the reasons have something in common?

 

I sighed.

 

-I don't know... I am “not able to love them” and I will “never be be able to”, they said... But that doesn't make sense! I could have love them with some time, I swear!

 

Jackson's grip tightened on my shoulder and I forced myself to look at him. He had this look that he used when he was about to say something important so I kept quiet and told him wordlessly to continue what he was going to say.

 

-JinYoung... Maybe what these girls were trying to say is that they weren't your type.

 

-Yes, Jackson. Thanks but I think I could've found it by myself.

 

-No, no... What I'm trying to say is that maybe you should go and look somewhere else.

 

I frowned.

 

-What somewhere else, Jackson? Stop talking nonsense, I ain't gonna change city to find love.

 

-Not change city, Junior! Change something else!

 

He was doing some eloquent movements with his hands, trying hard to make me understand something from his silly mind that I didn't understand for a moment... But than I did. When he made a certain eloquent movement. That was gross.

 

-Wow. Are you trying to say that I'm freaking gay, Jackson ?!

 

He sent me an apologizing look and I collapsed on my chair, getting weird looks from the customers of the café we were in. Well, that was not my worst problem right now. Jackson just said he thought I loved men. Me, Park JinYoung. I was so going to kill him.

 

-Don't take it bad, Jin' ! You can't deny it when you didn't even try !

 

-And try what, exactly, Wang ?

 

-Well, you know...

 

And he did that eloquent hand movement again.

 

-Don't do that in public, Jackson! And by the way, I'm not gay, ok? I've always been attracted by women, not men, so stop talking nonsense. Thanks.

 

-That doesn't mean anything, you know? You didn't even take a look at the masculine genre! But you're lucky, though, 'cause my best friend from the USA comes back tomorrow and, seriously, he's no joke. Even I, a pure hetero, can tell you this. He's gorgeous. And he's gay, too.

 

-What with this “too”?! I just told you I wasn't gay!

 

-Tell me that after meeting Mark. I don't know if this guy's even human, really!

 

-And since when Jackson-narcissist-Wang does compliment anyone but him?

 

-Since Jackson-beautiful-Wang has met Mark Tuan.

 

I acted like I didn't care too much and I didn't even continue to listen to what he was saying but I was quite curious about him. If Jackson himself says he's gorgeous, that means he's something. By the way, I'm not gay.

 

 

I wasn't even surprised when I received a text from Jackson the next day saying that he was doing an “afternoon between guys” to celebrate his best friend's arrival. I sighed while I answered, telling him I'll be here. I swear, this guy will be the death of me.

And it's thanks to him if at 6pm I was in front of my wardrobe, wondering what I was going to wear... Seriously?! It's all because of Jackson! If he didn't put all those “gay questions” in my head, I wouldn't be in this situation!

When I was done with the clothes thing, came the perfume, deodorant and hairstyle things... I'm so going to kill Jackson-freaking-Wang one day. But it didn't stop here, of course! 'Cause right now my stomach is a mess as I am stuck in front of the door, my hand in the air and I'm wondering if I should run away right now or if I should wait another five minutes in this very comfortable position... I didn't have to think very much longer because the door opened suddenly on Jackson. I nearly died.

 

-God damn it, Jackson! Why did you open the door with so much strength?! Do you want to kill someone by a heart attack?!

 

-Maybe 'cause I'm strong? By the way, what were you doing?

 

-I... I was going to ring.

 

-I see. Well, you can go with the boys, you're the last one, I have to buy more drinks for them.

 

-I'll do it!

 

He smirked and shook his head.

 

-No way, Jin'. You, go with the boys and meet Mark, I am going to buy some drinks. You should hurry up 'cause otherwise Bambam would steal him from ya! Have fun! He said before running away, waving at me.

 

I sighed and went into the apartment. I was making my way to the living room when a silhouette came to me.

 

-Jackson? I thought you were going to buy some...-

 

The guy saw my face and stopped.

 

-Oh, sorry, I thought it was Jackson. Hi, by the way! You must be JinYoung, Jackson has talked so many times about you!

 

Holy hell... Thanks God for giving the chance to see a such beautiful creature, I can rest in peace, right now...

Really, this guy was no joke. From his messy blond hair to the way he walked towards me nonchalantly by the smile that nearly drove me to paradise, I swear this guy isn't from humans' world.

I guessed by the face he made that I stared a little too much... But it isn't like it's my fault! How could I just don't care about such a beauty?! Don't get me wrong, I'm not gay.

 

-I-I... Yes, it's me.

 

-Oookay, I'm Mark, by the way.

 

-I know, I answered slightly too fast.

 

He raised an eyebrow. Stop acting stupid, JinYoung!

 

-I mean... Jackson told me a bit about you and I knew we were here to celebrate your arrival so...

 

I wasn't really lying. Jackson did talked about him. Yesterday. He hadn't say much, but he did.

He smiled again and I got goosebumps all over my body. How the hell could anybody have such a bright smile?! He was about to speak but something – someone ? - jumped on me, interrupting him.

 

-YugYeom! I yelled when I recognized the younger.

 

-As I can see, you met Mark, a voice said behind my back.

 

I turned around and saw JB, a smirk on his face. He didn't say anything else, though, so we went to the living room where we stayed while waiting for Jackson who came back a few minutes later. He collapsed on the couch between Mark and me – yep, the guys managed to put ourselves side by side – and wrapped his arms around our shoulders.

 

-So? You guys could meet each other? He said, with a wink and an eloquent smile on his face.

 

I rolled my eyes and answered:

 

-Yes, Jack', as he did with JB, YoungJae, YugYeom and Bambam, y'know?

 

He laughed slightly and replied:

 

-Fine... So? What's up, guys?

 

They continued talking but between Jackson being Jackson and Bambam trying – so hard – to seduce Mark, we can say that I didn't really enjoyed the night. It's with a relief half-hidden that I took the excuse of the time running late to leave the group.

I was enjoying the fresh air of the night when I heard my name pronounced behind me. I sighed but regretted it right when I saw God – read Mark – running in my direction, a sport bag on a shoulder and the hair floating in the air. Does my heart stopped for a second? I can't tell.

I waited patiently for him to arrive next to me and let him explain himself:

 

-Jackson told me I was going to live in the same building as yours, so I followed you.

 

I raised an eyebrow, surprised. The same building?

 

-I didn't even know there was still available rooms in my building, I said.

 

-Well, we can say that I'm a lucky one, can we?

 

I blushed and hid it in my scarf. It's all because of Jackson and his silly ideas!

We walked to the station in an awkward silence so I tried to break the ice when I saw our train arrive.

 

-It's ours, let's look for some sits.

 

What, “that's all”? Don't ask too much, I am the victim, here!

He just nodded and followed me inside where we found two places side by side. The journey lasting 15 minutes, I tried to make some conversation once again.

 

-For how long do you plan on staying in Korea?

 

He lifted his head to look at me and replied:

 

-Actually, I'm not planning on leaving Korea.

 

I opened wide eyes and took a look at his bag.

 

-But... That's all you took with you?!

 

He laughed a bit and shook his shoulders.

 

-I'll buy some stuff bit by bit, I guess.

 

-Oh, so you found a job?

 

He had an amusing smile.

 

-Actually, I moved in because of this job, not because of Jackson's lovely eyes, he said with a smirk.

 

-Really?! What kind of job is it?

 

-I was hired as a choreographer at JYP entertainment.

 

-You what?!

 

He laughed and gave me a suspecting look.

 

-So I guess that you were lying when you said Jackson talked about me?

 

I blushed. Oops...

 

-No! He did talk about you!

 

His smile grew up.

 

-Oh yeah? So what did he say?

 

I blushed even harder if it's possible. What. Am I. Supposed. To say?!

 

-He said... That you were... Kind of... Gorgeous.

 

He raised an eyebrow, a playful smile on his lips.

 

-He said that? Reasonless? That doesn't suit him.

 

I put a hand on my face, embarrassed by what I was going to say.

 

-Well... He might have said something else, but I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to say it to you.

 

-He said something embarrassing about me? That doesn't change from everyday, tell me!

 

-No! No way, I'm not even sure whether he was allowed to tell me or not!

 

Come on, don't make me say this, pretty please!

 

-Of course he was allowed to, I don't have anything to hide.

 

I collapsed on my sit and looked at him.

 

-You want that much to know what he said about you?

 

He nodded his head with enthusiasm and offered me his most beautiful smile. How can I possibly say no to this guy?

 

-He may have said that you were kind of gay... I said.

 

He had an amusing smile while replying:

 

-And may I know why you did talk about my ual preferences?

 

I turned, don't wanting to face him and shrug my shoulders.

 

-I'm not telling you.

 

He laughed.

 

-Come on, you know something big about me, don't you? I think I deserve to know at least that.

 

-But it's privacy!

 

-Oh, yeah, so my ual orientation is public, I guess? He said with a smirk.

 

I sighed and looked into his eyes.

 

-Fine. I was dumped by the third girl of the year...

 

He raised an eyebrow, amused, but let me continue.

 

-Jackson thinks that it's because I'm gay but I didn't trust him, and still don't. But the thing is, you know how much of a narrow-minded guy he is, right? So because of his wish to make me realize he's a freaking genius that knows everything about everyone he said that his gay best friend from America was coming to Korea. And as if it wasn't enough, he continued to say as many great things about you as possible... It was the first time I ever saw him saying nice things about another person than himself. I was quite shocked, you know?

 

He laughed frankly... And God, that was adorable.

I got out of my thoughts when a couple of aged person entered the train. We let our sits for them and stayed up because there were no sits available anymore. The train started again and I lose a bit my balance. I took a step back and hit something. I hadn't even have the time to look at what I hit that a hand made its way to my hip to help me stabilizing. I blushed when I recognized the said hand and I put myself away from it, coughing slightly, embarrassed. I could imagine his smirk as he whispered in my ear:

 

-You know, between us... I think Jackson isn't totally wrong.

 

I turned to face him, my eyes wide opened as his smile grew even wider. That's all because of Jackson!

 

I avoided him all the rest of the journey, even when we made our way to the building, Mark was nearly running behind me but still had this smile on his lips. I sighed.

We arrived at the building so I turned to face him.

 

-Do you think you can do the rest by yourself? It's not that I want to get rid of you or something, it's just that we told me my new roommate arrives today and it's getting late so he might be already here, I don't want him to wait too much alone, you see?

 

-No problem, I think I can handle this, he said with a smile.

 

He took a look at the paper in his hands, which I supposed to be the number of his flat, and lifted his head to me.

 

-I have to take the elevator, so I think you'll have to support a bit more.

 

He smirked and I rolled my eyes, smiling. I looked at him in the elevator, asking him wordlessly what at which floor he was going.

 

-Seams like we're going to be floor-mates, he said with a smile.

 

I raised an eyebrow, surprised, but said nothing. There was only two apartments a floor, so that meant we were going to be neighbors... I'm not sure I can handle being neighbors with God.

I sighed inwardly when the doors opened, signifying that we were arrived. I turned around to say goodbye to him but immediately stopped when I saw him just behind me, a confused look on his face.

Then I understood.

 

-You're going to tell me that this apartment is also yours and that the roommate I was waiting for is you, right? I ask.

 

He didn't reply anything but gave me a shy smile.

I swear I'm going to kill Jackson freaking Wang.