Getting Fat and Growing Old Together

Proposal

Momo knows that Jihyo has a weight complex, so she’s not the least bit surprised when she finds the younger girl in the gym yet again. Momo used to be the only one who’d be in the gym at this hour, or ever. Her members never liked the gym, not that she did either, but Momo had her abs to think about.

“Moguri, hi!” Jihyo greets warmly, a little too warmly for Momo’s liking.

The older girl had always had a soft spot for her leader, a softer spot than Momo would like to admit.

“Jihyo~ah, what are you doing here?” Momo already knows the answer but she asks anyways.

“You know… just working out.” Jihyo shrugs, going back to what she had been doing before Momo had arrived.

Momo was slightly worried, Jihyo had been working out so much that the younger girl had lost a tremendous amount of weight. It wasn’t that Jihyo didn’t look great now; it was just that Momo thought that the younger girl had looked good even before all of this. Chubby Jihyo was the best kind of Jihyo. Momo believed that there was more of her to love, and lets be real… who didn’t love Jihyo?

“Are you coming back to the dorm with me?” Jihyo asks, snapping Momo out of her trance.

“I just got here.” Momo replies, brows furrowing.

“You’ve been here for like an hour.”

Momo’s head snaps towards the clock, finding that Jihyo was indeed correct. Just how long had she been daydreaming about her leaders immaculate body?

“Yes? No?” Jihyo sings. “I’m not waiting for you all night you know.”

Momo jumps to her feet, slinging her bag over one shoulder.

“How could I let you go home alone?” She gasps.

Jihyo just rolls her eyes at the older girl.

“Don’t be so dramatic.”

•-•

Momo watches as Jihyo skips yet another meal. The younger girl had been doing it quite often nowadays. She thought no one noticed, but Momo had. Jihyo would go about her mother-like duties, setting the table and providing the members with food but then she’d go off and do something else. Sometimes she’d clean the dishes, sometimes she’d go shower, sometimes she’d just vanish all together. Momo knew that Jihyo was worried she’d gain back all the weight she’d lost, but starving herself wasn’t going to help her in the long run.

-

Momo nearly jumps out of her skin when she sees someone sitting in their living room at 3 a.m. Thankfully, it’s only Jihyo, but she’s still quite startled by the younger girl.

“What are you doing?” Momo asks.

Jihyo jumps about three feet in the air at the sound of Momo’s voice. Clearly she wasn’t expecting to find someone in their living room at 3 a.m. either.

“God Momo!” Jihyo gasps, clutching her chest. “Way to give me a heart attack.”

Momo giggles. “Sorry. But seriously, what are you doing?”

“I-I couldn’t sleep.” Jihyo stutters.

Momo is confused. This isn’t like Jihyo at all. The younger girl could fall asleep practically anywhere, and in like five seconds, something Momo wished she could do. Then Momo hears the younger girls stomach growl and she understands. Jihyo couldn’t sleep because she was hungry.

“What are you doing up this late?” Jihyo asks, trying to change the subject.

“I was thirsty.” Momo explains.

Jihyo just nods, turning back towards the TV so she doesn’t have to look at Momo’s sad smile anymore. The older girl suddenly gets an idea. She dashes into the kitchen and returns shortly with an entire tub of ice cream and two spoons.

“What are you doing?” Jihyo asks as Momo takes her first spoonful.

“What’s it look like I’m doing?” Momo scoffs, handing the younger girl a spoon.

Jihyo just stares at her.

“Did you forget how to eat altogether?” Momo asks. “Should I feed you?”

That certainly gets Jihyo’s attention.

“N-No.” She blushes. “I can do it myself.”

Jihyo hesitantly takes a spoonful, then another, and another. Momo can feel a smile tugging at her lips.

“This is so bad.” Jihyo mumbles, taking another bite.

“Hey Jihyo?” Momo calls out.

“Hm?”

“Wanna get fat and grow old with me?” Momo proposes.

Jihyo nearly chokes on her ice cream at the older girls question.

“W-What? Why would we do that?”

“Why not?” Momo shrugs.

Jihyo gives her a sad smile, her spoon now resting idly in the tub of ice cream. “I’ve had enough people calling me fat to last me a lifetime. I don’t need to give them a new reason to start it up again.”

“Who cares about them?” Momo nearly shouts. “I asked you if you wanted to get fat and grow old with me, not with anyone else. You wouldn’t have to skip meals anymore. We could be fat and happy. Eat whatever we want. Do whatever we want!”

Jihyo chuckles at the older girls ambition. “Our industry doesn’t like fat idols, Momo.”

“That doesn’t matter.” Momo pouts. “What matters is that I love you, and I want to get fat and grow old with you. Forget everything else, okay? You’re perfect no matter what you look like.”

Momo can feel her face burning by the end of her rant but she’s happy she said it. Jihyo needed to know just how much she meant to the older girl. Momo feels a soft pair of lips pressed gently against her own and it takes her a few seconds to realize that Jihyo is kissing her.

“You’re not so bad yourself.” Jihyo giggles, and Momo is ninety percent sure she’s died and gone to heaven. “It does sound like a nice idea.”

“So… you’re in?” Momo asks hesitantly.

Jihyo flashes the older girl a bright smile and Momo thinks her heart may have just stopped beating.

“I’m in.”