Snippet 3: Another flashback before the breakthrough

Snippet

"Ya! What's taking them so long?" an irritated G-Dragon shouted. He and the other members of Roommate, with the exception of Soohyuk and Yoona, were already inside a van ready to head off to their Running Man schedule.

"Relax, Jiyong." Jaejoong said, trying to calm the hot-headed man. "Soohyuk just woke her up. It's not like they're making us wait on purpose."

"Hyung's right, Jiyong. Plus, I reckon that you wouldn't like it more if we go ahead and just let the two of them follow right? It's not like I'm against it. Soohyuk wouldn't dare do anything to Yoona after all." T.O.P added.

G-Dragon frowned. "Don't get me wrong, Seunghyun hyung. Soohyuk is a really good friend of ours but, you are fully aware that he acts different when it comes to Yoona right? I mean, he freely hugs and kisses her!"

"And so do we." T.O.P countered. "Like come on! With the exception of Joo Won here..." he continued, pointing a finger at the man sitting beside him, "... we do that to Yoona too. The hugs and kisses I mean."

"Let me just emphasize that those are friendly kisses on the cheek or sometimes, on the forehead. We've never really engaged Yoona in a liplock." Siwan clarified.

"Pft! Jaejoong hyung did it!" G-Dragon blurted in an accusing tone causing Jaejoong's face to turn a burning shade of red.

"Ya! Kwon Jiyong! Do you really have to bring that up?! You guys had already given me a difficult time because of that!" Jaejoong exclaimed.

Everybody else snickered and said, "You deserved it, old byuntae."


Flashback

It was raining hard that day.

Jaejoong was woken up by the sound of thunder that echoed inside the room he shared with Siwan and Yoona. He let out a frustrated sigh as he turned to lay flat on his part of the futon, trying as much as to open his eyes to peek at the digital clock that was mounted awkwardly on their bedroom wall.

10:15 AM, it flashed.

Jaejoong was usually a morning person but, such was not the case that day. He arrived late the other night, quite drunk, from a party that Heechul randomly hosted. Fortunately for him, none of his Roommate friends were at the house when he came back thereby giving him the freedom and peace of nursing what would then be a terrible hangover.

Another thunder resounded and Jaejoong groaned. His head was pounding like hell and he knew then that he should take Mefenamic if he badly wantes to quickly ease the pain. Still, the comforter that he was on was much more inviting. He was about to close his eyes again when he felt movements at the other end of the bed. One interesting fact about the current Roommate season was that the members share quite a few things aside from the house alone. For instance, Jaejoong, Siwan, and Yoona were not merely roommates but also "futon mates".  Jaejoong occupied the space near the door, Siwan the middle, and Yoona near the wall. They originally planned for Yoona to stay in between but, Siwan went instantly against it when Jaejoong confessed that he might end up cuddling her due to his sleeping habits.

Jaejoong quickly turned to face the opposite side of the bed to find that one of his roommates had indeed returned.

Yoona was lying sideways on the futon and had her back on him. Because of her position and by what she was wearing (a sleeveless,V cut nightgown that Jiyong gave her), Jaejoong was freely given the sight of her which made his eyes widened a little. He didn't know if it was because of the after effects of alcohol or simply because of his ertedness but, he was so tempted to trace his fingers from the nape of her neck to that visible part of her waist that was not covered by her dress and by the blanket. 

"Yoona." Jaejoong called out without thinking surprsing even himself.

It was obvious that the younger girl was taken aback too with the way her shoulders suddenly tensed up. She quickly sat on her elbows and turned her head towards Jaejoong's direction. Upon seeing that he was indeed awake and that the voice that called her was not a product of her drowsiness and imagination, Yoona heaved a sigh of relief and beamed at Jaejoong. She then went to lie back down on the bed - this time facing the older guy.

"Hey." Jaejoong greeted, quite awake by now.

"Hey." Yoona replied in a tired, hoarse voice suggesting the need for sleep. 

Jaejoong crunched his forehead. "Was she in the verge of sleeping?" he thought to himself suddenly feeling guilty. Still, he pushed on a conversation since it was rare for him to actually have alone time with one of his fellow Roommate members particularly Yoona.

"How was your day? You came from a recording right?Jaejoong initiated.

Yoona easily understood what Jaejoong was trying to do given that she also wanted to spend time with her newly-formed family. That is why, despite her drooping eyes, she replied enthusiastically, "It was good and fun, oppa. But you do know how Radio Star works. The hosts kept on asking me who among you guys am I secretly dating."

"Why do they always want to know that aspect of our life?" Jaejoong asked.

"Beats me."

"Anyway, what did you say? Or rather, who?" 

"I told them that it was far too early in the show to actually have someone date-worthy." Yoona said, holding her giggles.

"Ya! What do you mean by that?!"

Yoona laughed aloud this time and then there was silence. The two of them just staring and smiling at each other in peace.

"Yoona?" Jaejoong called out again.

"Hn?" Yoona hummed, trying to stay awake for him.

"This is just a random confession." Jaejoong started. "But you know what? I never really thought that the two of us can be this close even back then... when we were both in the same company."

"Why is that?" Yoona asked, suddenly curious.

"Probably because I don't see you that much."

"I often appear in your music videos and attend your concerts, oppa. I'm Lee Yeon Hee #2 remeber?" Yoona countered.

"That's not what I mean. Well... You never really hang out with us even when we were just trainees. You never really hang out with guys in general. Unlike your unnies, I never see you and Seohyun in our casual meetings or even during the mix dance practices. You two were just always together in your own world."

"It is because Seohyun and I arechildhood friends. Also, I don't really feel comfortable hanging out with the oppas. I am fine with the unnies but, the way the oppas look at me suggests that I have some kind of a rare disease."

Jaejoong's eyes widened. "Do you honestly see it that way?"

Yoona simply nodded in reply.

"Haven't you ever thought that the reason why they stare at you like that was because you were so pretty? I can even remember the time when Junsu and Changmin gushed non-stop over the fact that you are going to star in our muisc video. Yunho had to tell them otherwise just so they would stop. And you know those two very well. They are very hard to please, Changmin in particular."

Another round of silence. 

"Yoona?" Jaejoong called out for the third and final time that day.

"Oppa?" she mumbled, half asleep, half awake.

"Forget about it. Come here." Jaejoong said, spreading his arms wide motioning for her to come close to him.

Yoona was reluctant at first but, she knew how persistant Jaejoong was. Furthermore, she was too sleepy to argue so she simply crawled next to him. When she was within his reach, Jaejoong pulled her gently to him, burying her face on his chest whilst still giving her enough space to breathe. Yoona blushed as she felt Jaejoong wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned his chin at the top of her head. With her last ounce of energy, Yoona asked, "Oppa, are you not scared of what the people will think after watching this epsiode?"

Jaejoong smiled to himself. "Just go to sleep, Yoona. And don't worry, this wont be broadcasted." he assured her.

Yoona closed her eyes just like what she told and Jaejoong held her like that for more than half an hour. When he was sure that she was in deep sleep, he slowly cupped her face in his hands, trailed kisses from her forehead to her nose and leaned in fully to kiss her on the lips.

End of flasback


Jaejoong smiled and cringed at the memory. That very scene was a blissful one but, the aftermath was not. True to what Jaejoong said, the scene was edited out and was not put on broadcast.  The PDs, however, shared it with the other members sans Yoona causing a ruckus for an entire week. Jiyong and Soohyuk did not even speak to him during that time period. He was about to replay the memory again when the van's door slid open revealing a flustered Yoona and a smiling Soohyuk.

"He must have done something to his liking again." Jaejoong mumbled to himself , "This brat."

His thoughts were interrupted for the second time when G-Dragon beamed, "Finally! Our muse is here!" 

"I'm not anyone's muse, oppa." chimed Yoona.

"You are in our eyes." G-Dragon replied, smiling.

Yoona returned his smile and was about to reply when their general manager who was sitting next to the driver interrupted and said, "Pause the flirting first, guys." he started whilst holding out a mini video camera, "The Running Man crew wanted you to give them a shoutout. I'll give you three minutes to prepare your script and pose."

"We have already prepared one hyung so go on and film us!" the cast shouted with joy.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Okay. At the count of three, say whatever it is that you are going to say."

Everyone nodded.

"Hana, dul, set!"

"Roommate goes to Running Man!" Jiyong and Siwan started.

"Beware! We're the hot, hot representatives for the first ever Summer Star Olympics of the show!" T.O.P and Joo Won followed.

"Kindly show your support. See you next Sunday!" Jaejoong and Soohyuk said in unison.

And with a cue from her oppas, Yoona sealed the greeting with a flying kiss.

Beware Running Man indeed. The Roommate crew are coming to get you. 


Author's notes: Thank you for continuously supporting Snippet. Feel free to tell me who your favorite Yoona pairing/s is/are through the comments. The next chapter which will be the very first Roommate x Running Man snippet will be uploaded on the second Sunday of February which happens to be... ^^ Please cheer for both teams, okay? Thank you again. Comments are greatly appreciated.