you're my shy, shy shy boy

not-so golden maknae after all

 

 

He’s known as the golden maknae – the youngest who excels in more ways than some of his other hyungs. His voice is like a gift sent from heaven, his dance techniques never cease to amaze and he can even raps without fumbling with his words! And with his handsome boyish face, one dares to say Jeon Jungkook is undoubtedly the whole golden package – making younger girls swoon and breaking the noonas’ hearts all over the world.

But beneath the seemingly perfect features he possesses and the talents he has acquired over time, lies this hidden, secret flaw that nobody would’ve guessed.

Jeon Jungkook is just simply too tragic when it comes to girls.

He is fine with saying Hi, or greeting his fellow colleagues when he passes by them at the backstage. He is still able to function when someone in a skirt asks him a question. And he can still hold it together if he has to collaborate with a female singer (not that he’s ever had the chance to but still) – yet, when it comes to someone he actually has actual, real feelings for, he is a total wimp.






He has practiced this over for a million times. He knows the routine by heart and his body just need to simply swift along with the soft beats. But as soon as he steps on the stage to prepare for his I Need You solo, his whole body had somehow forgotten how to move – as though he is temporarily paralysed.

Jungkook swallows, hard, as he sneaks another glance towards his left side where all his fellow idols are sitting. There are quite a number of groups, some he is acquainted with and others he only recognises by names. But there is one group (or rather one person) who particularly stands out and she is sitting the closest to the stage (the closest to him where she actually gets a clear view in case he fumbles or tumbles or God-helps-him-so-he-doesn’t-mess-up-this-damn-thing).

He tries to focus his attention on the audience in front of him instead. He clams his sweaty palms together and mutters a quick prayer under his breath.

Oh Lord help him, she looks so adorable bopping her head with her two ponytails swinging from side to side, laughing at something her members are saying.

Jungkook forces his body to turn and faces her side, as how he had done it during rehearsals (only she wasn’t around then) and takes a deep breath as he waits for his cue. He tries to avoid looking at her, but fails and ends up meeting her gaze directly.

He freezes, but to his surprise, she gives him a friendly smile and showed two thumbs up signs.

And it is enough to make him melt into a pool of puddle.







Somehow, he managed to get through the whole performance professionally without tumbling over his two feet. All the artists who had performed for the night had gathered together for the final act.

Jungkook takes his place next to Taehyung, together with his other group members. As they wait for the emcees to wrap up things, someone taps him lightly on the shoulder from behind.

Thinking it was probably Yugyeom or another one of his friends, Jungkook turns around grinning, ready to hi-5 him but he almost choke on his breath when he finds beautiful, shining hazel eyes looking back at him instead.

God damn it, the cutie-pie Kim Yerim is standing just a mere few inches away from him, right before his very two eyes.

“Hello,” she says with a smile and bows down slightly. “I just wanted to tell you how cool you looked while dancing just now. You were really good,” she grins.

This is the part where he is supposed to thank her, compliment on her own performance and maybe start a conversation which they can continue another time so he has a reason to see her again.

But instead, all he manages to pathetically stutter out is, “T-thank you. I…uh I mean y-you were c-cool too. V-very cool. And c-cute,” he blurts out before he can even stop himself. “Y-you are very cute!” Apparently he loves shooting off his mouth when he’s a nervous wreck as hell.

Yerim’s grin grows wider as her cheeks turns slightly red. She opens to say something else, but her member chooses to pull her away at that moment, smiling apologetically at him.

She gives him one last thumbs up as she lets herself being dragged away. Jungkook can only watch her go helplessly and curses himself for not being smoother with his words. He had wasted his golden opportunity just like that and she must think of him as a fool now.

And to make matters worse, Taehyung had witnessed the whole embarrassing exchange and is now laughing hysterically at his demise.

“Seriously Jeon Jungkook? Our golden maknae who is good at rapping actually stutters when it comes to girls? You are really a disgrace.”

Shut up.

He’ll get over it. He’ll make sure the next time he sees her, he will show her his ‘cool oppa’ side she admires.