ALPHA

KILLER Pt. 1 : Werewolf's Section

Clear vision, faded away, then dissapeared within seconds. Black hair. Necklace, a monster necklace. Black coat. Black shirt. Black leather pants. Blurred face. Black boots. Warm. Familiar yet unfamiliar. Wet. Soil. Leaf. Foliage. Cold. Whisper.

Ylva...

Ylva...

Ylva...

"Oh my God!" I gasped sitting down.

3.15 a.m.

"Devil's hour." I mumbled climbing down the bed, bathed in sweat. Took a glass of cold water, I gulped down along with my nightmare. It was the fifth time in five days since my 17th birthday.

The kitchen lamp flickered. Great, classic horror. Normally, people would scream then climbed up the stairs, covered their body with a blanket, shaking their off. But me, for me that was just-

"Did you forget to pay the electrical bill again, Dad?"

My father grinned taking off his hand from electric socket. He sat in front of me who sat at the barstool as he also poured the water. We had the same problem, waking up in the middle of the night unreasonable.

"Dad."

"Hmm?" He took a sip.

"Do you know, by any chance, something about 'Ylva'?"

He frowned took off the glass from his lips, "What's that?"

I sighed, "There's no point if I'm asking you."

He chuckled, "No, honey. Why?"

"Nothing."

 

I'm Ahn Yumi. Being the oldest sister for my little sister, I've been charged to act and speak as a mature woman, regardless of my age just turned 17 five days ago. What else do you want to know from me? School? Yeah, I'm in highschool. I'm a highschooler teenage girl whose blessed with mathematics, physics, chemistry expertise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a nerd whose thick glasses with square frame. I'm just a normal human being, with unusual petite body, a little puffy cheek--but my mom said I'm cute--pale skin, and dark medium long hair, as dark as night. One thing that irritated me so much was social life outside my home. No offense, but they had weird smell. I'm a superly sensitive person to smell so, I didn't quite understand with everyone's choices on their parfume.

This morning the skies were cloudy just like me, I was cloudy, with a single touch or slap at particular spot on my body, the thunderstorm would hit and killed everyone with no exception. Sounded creepy? I don't care. It was me. Actually I was confused with myself, one day I'll be happy as a baby unicorn jumping around their little candy park, the next day I'll be as emo as possible and everyone were enemies while I was standing with scythe in hand ready to rip their souls out. And the second mood was happened today. I yawned in almost every steps toward my first class, biology. As much as I love science, I didn't love this subject. It was just boring like created a story without a single idea in head.

"Alright everyone, drop that sleepy faces because-" The professor in front of the class was trying to be a hilarious clown as funny as possible, "We have onions!" Pffft. He was holding a big big onion. Stink but okay, I love this kind of smell and if he served that onion along with a steak in front of me right this seconds, biology would be my top list on my favorite subject. But he didn't, so that wouldn't happen.

"Everyone already grab their onions?" His rectangle glasses dropped a little in front of his small V line face. Cute. Handsome. Received a vigorously nodded from every single of his young girl students he clapped happily, "Who'll be my partner in this cloudy day? Let me see." He scanned the name list as my friends, girls in majority, raised up their hands. While I along with the remaining boy students just sighed, "Ahn Yumi!" "You're partner up with me. Come here! Come. Come. Come."

I smiled as I slided my backpack on my shoulder and bowed at him, "Thank you for choosing me as your partner today, Mr. Oh Sehun."

He smiled accepting my (forcely) gratitude, "You're welcone, my dear one." Then he faced the class, "Now. Let's the battle begin!"

 

The school main door which placed near from my private locker was forcely opened blowing in the cold air along with the rain sound. Great, heavy rain at 11 a.m. just great, but strangely I love this weather so much. I closed the locker when the footsteps was echoed inside the hallway. I turned to look over my shoulder, three boys were walking. I examined their faces. The left one, hard to describe with a lollipop on his mouth, honey brown haired, small eyes but rounded when he found something interesting, body? Nice. Tall, handsome? Yeah. The right one, dark brown haired, rounded eyes, the shortest from three, full lips, kissable? Definitely. The center one, black haired, sharp jawline, smoky eyes, hot? Beyond hot, he's a hell. Handsome? No doubt. Enough for scanned I started to walk before something hit me.

Vanilla.

Chocolate.

Strawberry.

Strange scent but intoxicated. I turned my body once again and they were standing in front of me with piercing eyes. Shocked by the sudden encounter, I smiled lazily raising my eyebrows and started to walk again.

"Hey!" Someone shouted.

I stopped, didn't turn my body. No respond. Confused, I starting to walk again.

"I call you." Suddenly the lollipop boys was already beside me and grabbed my hand.

My eyes darted on his hand which landed on my right hand. I slapped his hand away, "Excuse you, you're in my way." He gripped my hand tighter, "Hey what the h-"

"Where's room 561?" He held up his schedule card as I took a good look in it. Name, Kim Taehyung. Born,  older than me, my eyes softened when I gain that information.

"New student?"

"New students." Aah, the three of them are new.

"Take the stairs down to your right. Room 561 is the first room you'll see."

He smiled. Charming, "Thanks."

"Pleasure."

They walked pass me as I stood there stunned mostly because of their scent. I inhaled it again deeper and deeper and the chocolate one came out the strongest. Warm chocolate, almost like a fondant. y. Intoxicated. Appealing. Hot, definitely hot. He's a hot chocolate. His eyes were landed on mine before his gaze away replaced by his back side. Broad, he must be workes with that a lot. Wait, black haired?

 

Calculus. My favorite class. Not to mention the handsome professor. I'm his most favorite student since I was the only one who always got straight 'A's and sometimes 'A+'s on every exams. I took the very back seat, my usual place in every class. I do have a friend just not a close friend, I'm kind of like a lonely whale. Friends of mine were divided into three important groups, they were lunch friends, library friends, and toilet friends. My most favorite was toilet friends, they were talkative.

"Good-" My calculus professor ready to greet opened his class before he took a look at the window as he clapping his hand cutely, "I don't know whether it's morning or midday already, but good morday everyone!" Right, he was full of surprises professor, "Before we begin, I'd like to introduce our new crew. He's transferred student and happened to be one of your classmates. New student, please come."

I brought my gaze up when I sensed a familiar scent. Chocolate. Warm y hot chocolate. The uniform hugged his tall and perfect figure by the time he entered the classroom. Chocolate, the strongest scent even beat all of the scents inside this room. He turned around and his eyes dropped on mine suddenly. He smirked. Damn that smirk, attractive as hell.

"Please, introduce yourself."

"Thank you, Sir." Damn that deep voice. Damn that slightly parted black hair. Damn his posture. He was gorgeous, "Hello everyone, I'm Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you."

"Alright, Jeon Jungkook. I'm Park Chanyeol your calculus professor for the entire semester. Please took the empty seat-" He paused roaming the classroom to find an empty seat.

Please not here.

"Ah!" Mr. Park Chanyeol exclaimed, "You're so lucky. You can sit with my favorite student there, Miss Ahn Yumi. She's the smartest."

Well, .

This Jungkook kid smirked again, "Thank you, Sir."

The chocolate scent grew stronger in every of his step, strangely it didn't make me sick like all usual scents. It was dangerously intoxicated. I mentally cursed my overly too sensitive nose. I brushed my nose slightly when he took a seat on my right side.

"Hi, Yumi isn't it?" He leaned forward offering his hand.

My eyes were looking at his face then to his hand before back to his face and shook his hand, "Yeah, Jungkook. Nice to meet you."

He nodded smiling. I brushed my nose again, felt itchy for too much chocolate.

"Are you okay?" He asked looking at me touching my nose.

"Huh?"

"Are you cold?"

He thought I was sick, "No. I'm fine."

"Okay then." He smiled before started to write something down.

I couldn't take the calculus class seriously today because of this guy beside me. He seemed like took my world away and replaced by his presence, annoyingly good kind of feeling. The cold air was fading away as I felt a slight drop of sweat behind my neck. I was fanning myself before his body jolted up straighten suddenly from his place, and he faced me in shocked expression. I faced him back.

"What?"

He showed me a confusion look. Was he thinking something about me? Did I smell bad? He was acting weird. His eyes softened so slowly and he was shaking his head, "No- no- nothing."

He was attractive but way too dumb to hide his confusion face. Of course it wasn't nothing. He clearly thought hard on something which seemed like bothering him. But, whatever, it was his thing, I didn't care as I began to write again.

 

My mom picked me up at 6 p.m. as I saw my little sister was waiting for me at the front park. Jumped and waving as my petite figure walked approaching her. She was a kindergarten student, the prettiest student, the most beautiful creature in my eyes. I hugged her after she opened her arm wide.

"Eonni, mom said she'll buy us a bowl of ramyun on our way home!" She exclaimed.

"She did?" Now my 'unicorn at the candy park' mood has returned, "Then let's go!" I gave her a piggyback and dropped her at the backseat when we reached my mom's car. I slided down on the passenger seat and kissed my mom's cheek before put on the seatbelt. I was ready but my mom's gaze still on mine. When I stared her back, something felt off.

"Mom? Is everything okay?" I asked her when I caught a single drop of tears on her cheek.

"I'm fine."

"No, you're not. Tell me."

She looked at the backseat to my to my sister's sleepy figure, "At home. I'll tell you at home. I'm afraid Yuri will hear."

Something definitely off.

"Okay." Was all that I can say.

 

It was silent, well it was midnight what I'm supposed to get in the middle of the night beside of loneliness and coldness? Winter was around the corner but the snow hasn't come yet. I opened my bedroom window staring at the dark sky as I recalled my earlier conversation with my parents.

Yuri was upstair, playing with her dolls and exclaimed playfully. I had my parents sat in front of me at the living room where TV's sound was blasted but the only voice I could hear was my dad's heavy breath. The light was really bright but the only thing I could see was my mom's upset face. My dad circled his hand around my mom's waist as she started to cover her face because she couldn't hold the tears. I was becoming more worry.

"Yumi." My dad started to speak. I was all ear, "Your mom and I was promised to each other that one day when you're mature enough to handle everything easy or hard situation, we will say this important information to you."

"What information, Dad?"

"We love you. We really love you, Yumi."

"Dad, you don't have to say that I already feel it."

He took a deep breath and swallowed the nerve hard before opened his mouth again, "We were married for over than three years at that time but we didn't have a child yet, so we decided to- you know- adopt." I held my breath, scares to listen the next story, "Then we came to this 'home for girls' when we spotted a young bright and beautiful little girl laid helplessly above the bed. They said that girl was sick for over than a year so that no single family dare enough to adopt her. But, I had a different mind so was my wife. We decided to take the girl and willing to hospitalize her in our house, gave her good treatment until she was healthily alive by the time she reached the age of 10. We happy, we could see her eyes her open for the first time and introduced us as her parents. She said she didn't remember anything which actually made me happy so we can be her parents completely. Then my second thought said, we had to tell the girl the truth about herself that she was actually-" He paused took my mom's hand who now was crying, "-isn't our biological child. Our blood didn't run on hers."

"Is it me?" I know the answer would be me, I just needed the truth.

My dad stared at me and the glimmer of his eyes were enough to tell me everything before I covered my face. Shocked, surprised, and actually being thankful for not having a sudden heart attack. The answer was terrified me. It was me. I'm not the real part of Ahn blood. I'm just Yumi, from the unknown family. I've been living a lie for the entire 17 years of life. My face was heating, my body was shaking, my knees were weak, my hands were burning, my mouth felt itchy wanted to scream and spit out the fire, but I couldn't do anything when my happy moments with my family flashed. When I opened my eyes, when I finally knew they were my parents, when the first time my dad drove me to school hugging me tightly and told me it was gonna be okay to go to the classroom alone, when my mom taught me how to use the knife properly, when the first time I changed Yuri's diaper which ended up being peed by Yuri, when I witnessed Yuri's first step, when I entered my favorite high school, when my parents held a little barbecue party after my winning on national science olympiad.

Then I closed my eyes let the tears escaped. I silently swore, let every dirty words speak tp itself inside my head, not wanting a single word came out from my mouth and my parents heard it. I shook my head in frustration as I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't forgive myself if this sad news ruined all my good memories that happened for the past 7 years. Seriously, the first memory I had was when they were standing beside me happily greeted me for the first tims I woke up from a long coma. They were my parents, no, they are my parents. I looked up and stormed running toward my dad before pulled him into a tight hug, followed by my mom.

"But I'm still your daughter, am I?" I asked between of my cry.

My mom cried even louder, "Oh God! Of course you are." My dad said as he kissed the top of my head, "You're still our first princess, Yuri's only sister. You're always make us proud by the time you woke up and beat your illness away. You're the family's pride, Yumi."

 

I was about to close the window before I caught a glimpse of human figure running all the way the neighborhood toward the entrance gate of city forest. I couldn't see it clearky because it was too dark but I swore that was human, literally running tried to catch something. Wait, that wasn't one, but two, no no no, three, wait, they were more than five. They were running and when they dissapeared right in front of the main entrance of the forest I realized there were no sound whatsoever, they run but I didn't even hear their footsteps. I was sure they were human, running down the street, in the middle of the night, toward the forest, with no sound of the footsteps, and some familiar scents.

 

To be continued

 

 

(A/N): Hellooo~ my dear readers, after a few days of being stay away from my laptop I'm back with my another BTS's story. This was my first fantasy's story, so please give your support ;) Subscribe for keeping up with the updates and upvote if you like, oh and of course feel free to leave a comment or ask anything, I'll definitely reply and answer it. Have a nice day and enjoy the story <3