rip jeon jungkook, 1997-2018

smooth, jungkook, smooth


bgm: just when you're thinkin' things over - the charlatans

 

 

"i swear, this day is screwed up." jungkook grumbles as he gets out of the vehicle. he slams the door loudly. "what kind of restaurant doesn't open on monday?"

 

"apparently this one does - watch the door, , it's my car," taehyung calls out from behind. "oh, and at least you got an a on your biology animal observation report, wu gave me a damn c."

"you wrote about hoseok, that doesn't count."

"that's bull, he's the perfect model creature," his friend announces airily. "anyhow, lighten up. at least we have fast food as our last savior."

"i don't like fast food," jungkook replies dully.

"would you rather eat kyungsoo's homemade, gluten-free pickle pie?"

"well-" he's got a point.

"c'mon, mcdonald's isn't that bad. besides, we can get soft cones for afters. the mcdonald's people love me, wouldn't be surprised if they gift me a personalized plaque with ronald mcdonald and my name on it," jungkook snorts upon this. "in fact, i'm probably the only one who's ever lounged in the place for an entire day."

 

the younger groans. "you're a nightmare."

 

"which is why i'm your friend, obviously."

 

----

 

for jungkook, it's been a while since he's entered a fast food chain for a meal. the last time he ate at taco bell, he found a chicken's head in his chili chicken wrap (words cannot describe how traumatic that event was.) thankfully, that store has been shut down since the occurrence, but he's avoided the entire fast food universe for quite an extended period - until today. the only reason jungkook has come to the local mcdonald's right now is because of taehyung, and taehyung only. the approved sanitary grade a on the windows doesn't really assure him either.

 

though, the boy admits: it's true that it's also because his favorite restaurant has closed - and because he wants to avoid kyungsoo's original recipes. but either way, he's not pleased with the shift of events. 

 

(but the speakers are blaring with the charlatans, so he doesn't feel half as apprehensive as he's supposed to be.)

 

"oh, look, no customers," taehyung whispers to him. "see, perfect lunch spot."

 

jungkook's not so sure if that's a good thing.

 

taehyung must have noticed his doubtful expression, because he assures, "cheer up, kid, i promise it'll be better than last time," he glances at the bathroom. "but i actually need to go to piss right now - being in the car for an extended period does wonders to your bladder - so the order's up to you. get me that shanghai burger, will you? oh, and a fizzy drink..." before jungkook can voice a violent protest, his friend runs off to the bathroom.

 

the boy sighs and moves forward, under the large order here! sign. there's nobody at the cash register, which is strange because he's sure he hears voices from the kitchen beyond.

 

"hello?" he says loudly. no response. patience. "hello?"

 

right about when he's thinking about dragging taehyung out of the bathroom - and the restaurant - someone suddenly dashes out from the kitchen. jungkook frowns as he looks up, but his discontent melts away upon seeing who it is.

 

it's a petite girl, probably around his age or younger. her long hair is the colour of light gold, with the lower half of her locks dyed a light pastel pink. stopping right in front of him, she brushes her hair away from her face with a brief motion of her slim fingers. there's no word to describe her besides cute. beautiful. stunning. hella cute.

 

"how can i help you?" she says, breathless.

 

jungkook stares stupidly.

 

"um..order?"

 

he finally manages to grasp his consciousness. "er, sorry, haha!" his laugh sounds like a squawking peacock. "i was just thinking, you know how when you think really hard and you just wander off and get so lost, i mean, like when you don't even realize when someone is talking to you and you just keep on thinking because what you're thinking about is totally engaging and stuff and it's thinking, so it's just really, really awesome-"

 

the boy winces as the girl raises an eyebrow, evidently taken aback by his sudden, passionate, and stupid monologue about the beauty of cognitive powers. but she chuckles, and taps a few buttons on the cash register. "alright, so what's your order going to be?"

 

jungkook is so torn between his emotions of awe and humiliation that he can't even properly formulate a legit excuse for his embarrassing mumbles. he tries to muster up a response to her question as well, but-

 

 

"what the hell, mate, i expected my mcshanghai to be ready by now," someone complains behind him. it's taehyung, looking quite peeved. he fails to notice jungkook's pleading eyes, and heads to the confused girl behind the cash register. "one mcspicy shanghai set and...?" he glances at jungkook.

 

"cheeseburger," the boy croaks.

 

"...and a cheeseburger. two colas too, thanks."

 

the girl types it up on the register. "one mcspicy shanghai set and a cheeseburger!" she shouts towards the kitchen. "that's going to be... about 3 minutes, sir. we'll put your meal over there when it's ready for pick up." taehyung nods, and she disappears into the kitchen.

 

the elder boy immediately spins around to look at the younger, who's looking like he's just had eight of nine lives stripped off from him. "the were you doing when i was in the toilet?" he inquires, eyeing the boy's expression suspiciously. "you ed up something, didn't you." it's not even a question, it's a statement. jungkook just gives him a withering glance. "what the hell did you do? you okay?"

 

"oh, i'm great," jungkook replies, in the most sarcastic tone possible. "i'm ing fine. i made a complete retard out of myself."

 

"well, honestly - when are you not?"

 

if looks could kill, taehyung would already be having his mcshanghai-themed funeral by now. "you-"

 

"-just kidding, of course," taehyung jumps in quickly, sensing danger in his friend's voice. "but what was it that you did, anyway?"

 

"i ing rambled in front of her," recalling the experience evokes a strong desire to drill a hole in the floor and disappear beneath the earth, forever. "i looked like a ohmygodthisissoembarrassingwhyamistillalive?" he starts banging his head on the wall out of mortification, as if the act would make him forget about everything that has ever happened. oh, he wishes.

 

"jungkook, the -?" the disbelief in taehyung's voice is so evident that jungkook can literally hear the dear jesus christ, please save this dumb in his tone. "that's a solid concrete wall, you know -"


oh, wow. is taehyung actually worried for him? what a day.

 

"-and just so you know, it's not my fault if you break a hole in it, i'm not paying for that-" 

"you er-"

 

suddenly, taehyung clams up, and it becomes terribly silent. the other doesn't give a , his head is still colliding with the wall, really, why does he have to be such an idiot all the time-

 

"um, your order's ready?"

 

jungkook slowly turns around to see the girl, blinking at him like he's the biggest dip in this universe. it's clear now. he's meant to drop dead and burn, right in this moment. 

 

 

"rest in ing pieces," he hears taehyung murmur.




--

a/n: for ur education and viewing pleasure

rip jungkook, u lived a g00d life 
also this is v short but i think the next ones won't be as short oops

i'm updating after two in years kill me