Annoying Red Hair

Red is Her Color
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

Red is Her Color

[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

"Because when I'm with you, everything is fun."

[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

This morning went on noisier than usual. Jongin heard lot of murmurs and whispers as he made his way to the class. He did not really catch what the whole conversation was about, but he could make out new student and it’s a girl between them. He shook his head in annoyance and increased the volume of his music to the point that every sound that came from the other students was barely audible.

His class was not too crowded, only half of the student had come to the school and he walked toward his seat on the third row of the right side. He rested his head on his desk as soon as he seated in his place and closed his eyes after he turned off the music in his phone. He figured out that he could take more ten minutes sleep before the class started. The pounding inside his head was bearable now but it did not exactly make him felt much better.

Last night Chanyeol was being persistent and asked him to come to Junmyeon’s party because the said boy hosted the best party in the town. He was probably the richest kid at the school and had a friendly nature. Jongin actually did not know him that much, but Junmyeon was always welcoming everyone to his party.

Jongin was not the type who partied hard, but he was also not the type who could decline when someone offered a great hospitality. So when Junmyeon brought a red cup for him to drink, he accepted it and drank all of it content in one go. He did not even remember what was inside the cup as his memory fuzzy and blur about last night event. All he could recall was he did not drink that much to get the worst hangover ever at school day.

A loud thud sounded from the desk behind him, completed with an irritated groan and Jongin knew whom it was even without looked around.

“Man, I’m dizzy but my mother won’t stop nagging me to go here!” Chanyeol made a point of spreading his irritation by kicked Jongin’s seat in front of him and the latter woke up soberly and angrily.

“You were the one who begging to attend the party last night even when I said it was too risky because it was school night! Stop complaining.”

“You’re right, I’m sorry, okay?” Chanyeol did not look sorry at all and Jongin rolled his eyes. He was sure soon or later when there was another party Chanyeol would keep coming. He was just like that.

Jongin looked on his wristwatch and then glanced around briefly. It looked like most of the students got knocked down by the alcohol at Junmyeon’s party last night. He was sure some of them woke up late and were lying down on their beds with worst hangover.

“Where’s your girlfriend?” He asked Chanyeol when he saw that the seat beside him was also empty.

“Seungwan needs her beauty sleep, at least seven or eight hours per day and we only went back at three earlier. So yeah, I let her sleep in my place while I’m attending this boring school alone by myself.” Chanyeol grinned slyly. “My baby girl was especially tired after we did something in my room.”

Jongin could not help but to grunt distastefully. “I didn’t ask for a detail, dude.”

“Oh, I heard a new girl will come today.” Chanyeol ignored him with a dreamy look plastered on his face and a weird, creepy smile on his lips. “I saw her earlier and she is ing hot.”

Chanyeol loved to make some flirty remark about other girls whenever Seungwan was not around and Jongin had already accustomed to this habit. Unlike him, Jongin had no interest at all on getting to know the new girl. In fact, he was barely had any interest on the girls population at the school.

“I bet Kris is dying in happiness because he has the same first period as this girl.”

Jongin shot him a dirty look. “How much long have you had your interest to this girl?”

Chanyeol smiled wickedly while wiggling his brows. “I accidentally overheard last week when I got my special detention at Ms. Hwang’s office.”

Jongin shook his head in disbelief. How Chanyeol and Seungwan’s relationship last longer than his concentration on physics was beyond mystery, not to mention, physics was his best subject at school and he loved it to dead. He swore these two had the strangest relationship ever.

Jongin was walking to his last class of the day when something red, liked literally red, popped out in front of him. The red head was wearing a skirt so he acknowledged that it was a girl but her identity remained anonymous as he barely paid attention to recall who she was. She passed by him quickly and Jongin’s eyes widened as big as saucer when her skirt flew open by the strong wind.

“Do you really need to match your underwear with your hair?” He muttered slowly as he grimaced, his expression turned sour.

He had meant to speak slowly so that she could not hear him, but he might said it out loud without realizing because the girl suddenly stopped on her tracks and turned around.

“Did you just say something?”

Jongin stopped and cursed himself inwardly. He shook his head hastily. “Huh, n, no‒no, I didn’t.”

“Really? I thought I heard something.” She mumbled and bit her lips. She casted a glance at the paper in her hand before looking back at the flustered Jongin. She came closer and showed the paper to him. “Do you know where this class is? I have a poor sense of direction and I think am lost.”

Jongin took a step back and scrutinized the writing on the paper. She had the same subject for the six period as him, which was Chemistry. Suddenly he was conscious of who she was.

Unfamiliar looking, did not know the direction to a class and a girl.

“You’re new here?” He asked to make sure of his guess was right and she rewarded him with a simple nod.

This was what he called hot? She looks ridiculous with her red hair. He grumbled as Chanyeol’s word earlier rang inside his mind. My eyes hurt just by looking at her head.

“Actually we share the same class for this period.” He blurted unconsciously while looking around the empty hallway and groaned inwardly because there were only them two at here. “You only need to take that stairs, then turn to the right and just enter the second door you find there.”

“Ah, I see now.” She nodded knowingly as she pulled back with a beam. “Let’s go then.”

Jongin blinked. “Pardon?”

“Let’s go to the class together.” She repeated clearly and she reached out to pat his shoulder. “Come on, we almost late to our last class.”

She began to pull him when he made no sign to move and Jongin unwillingly walked side by side with her. If only he did not help Chanyeol to collect English homework to the teacher office for the last class, he would not be here, walking with a stranger who was over friendly much to his likeness.

“Is it here?” The girl asked him when they arrived in front of the class and he nodded. “You shall enter first. I need to go to the restroom.”

“I can wait‒”

“It’s going to take long!” He interjected her hurriedly. “I…need to take care of…something.”

She looked confused but obeyed him resignedly. “Thanks, by the way…Kim Jongin.” She grinned at him before opening the door and went into the class.

The door closed with a quiet thud as he stood still, staring at the nametag on his chest. He waited for a minute before knocking the door and apologized to Mr. Lee for being late to the class.

“Waiting for Kris and Chanyeol to finish their cleaning duty, Jongin?”

He looked up from a new mystery novel that he read for the past fifteen minutes as Joohyun’s soft voice came to his ears. He then looked at the clock and shocked by how late it already was.

“Sorry, do you want to close the library now, Ms. Seo? I’ll get going now‒”

“Take it easy. I’m not in hurry or anything. We can wait until your friends come.” She smiled at him and he thanked her politely. “Besides, there’s another student here.”

He frowned. “Who?”

Joohyun pointed toward the direction of the farthest and desolated area of the library and Jongin saw the familiar intimidating red hair from afar. How could he miss it since he entered this place was something he could not understand.

“She’s been here, like, one hour?” Joohyun tilted her head as her eyes squinted to her direction. “Is she new? I never see her before.”

“Sort of.” Jongin replied curtly and took all of his belonging. “I think I’m better going now, Ms. Seo. See you around.” He bowed and left the library without even looking back.

Joohyun furrowed her brows at his peculiar behavior. Jongin looked… slightly annoyed. Her eyes went back to the girl and she found her looking at the door that Jongin closed a moment ago.

Joohyun could not hide her excitement at the possible relationship that blooming between the two. She had known Jongin for a while as his sister was her senior at university and she barely seen him with a girl before. Taeyeon, Jongin’s older sister, never really talked about Jongin’s problem with a girl, but somehow she could sense the trouble when she saw Jongin’s aloofness. Not to mention, Taeyeon often brought up the topic of when would Jongin got himself a nice girl who could take care of him when she was gone because her wedding date was coming real soon.

Even though she was an only child, but she knew how it felt when you needed to leave your family. Taeyeon did not mean any harm,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter