Odd Book (Key's Version)

Little While One-Shots

 

Titile: Odd Book
Author: ohdugeun
Pairing: Onew/Key ; OnKey
Genre: Fluff
Raiting: G
Word Count: 603
A/N: This is Key's version. Onew's version will be posted as sequel :)

--

He doesn't like books. He can't stay for a little bit longer on a quiet place. He is loud, especially his laugh. He is the total opposite of this place. He doesn't know why this certain person likes libraries so much - what's with a library aside from books and the quietness? - he would wonder. But this certain person is the only reason why he could stay inside. 

Kibum would always grab a book, but instead of reading, he would only stare at this boy who is also the opposite of him. Really really smart, had specs, klutz and thinks before he could even open his mouth. Well, Kibum is the kind of person who just speak out what he wants. He is smart as well but is too fantasized over fashion, arts and dancing than calculus or physics. 

Kibum have been doing this for months and still haven't known his real name. He only knows his nickname which is Onew, the teachers gave him since he is really gentle. He have been mesmerizing the older boy's beauty. 

He has to take lots of opportunity before it's too late - he thinks. He has already planned to just stare and admire Onew from afar before this smarty pants could even graduate and leave the school. 

Yes, he is the almighty Kibum, as his friends address him. He is brave but is weak enough not to talk to this Onew guy just even once. Shall that day come? - he doesn't even know either.

But one typical boring day, Kibum decided to grab all the courage he could get and decided to interrupt Onew from reading and ask him if he could sit beside him. But that sounds pathetic and lame - he thought. There are lots of available sits around. Pabo - he told himself.

So instead of that grat plan, he just sit beside the table where Onew is. "Aigoo" Kibum sighed as he curse himself in his mind. 

He keeps on glancing. A nearer view is much better - he thought. Good thing Onew never notice his secret glances, or so he thought.

Kibum started flipping on the pages of this odd book he is holding. He started reading some lines, eyebrows meeting each other for he can't understand a single thing he is reading. He gave up and tilted his head to the right to get another glimpse of Onew that suddenly disappeared and left the chair alone with the table. 

He got his eyes wide, wondering where the older boy went. He was just about to curse the book he was holding until he saw Onew sitting in front of him. 

"Excuse me, sorry for interrupting" Onew suddenly said. His voice, his talking voice. He is talking to me - Kibum thought. 

"I have been looking for that book you are holding and I can see that you are quite confused, based on your expressions." Onew flashed him a smile. That eyesmile, Kibum can die right now happily.

"Uhm, hello?" Onew waved his hand right in front of the shocked Kibum who immediately blinked a few times at him and started to apologize. 

"Sorry, I didn't notice you" Kibum said. Such a lame excuse. 

Onew just laughed at him and started to introduce himself. "Lee Jinki, you?" He stretched out his right hand at Kibum with a smile. 

"Kim Kibum" They did a handshake while smiling at each other. Kibum obviously didn't expect this to happen. Just because of one real odd book, a dream finally came true and a friendship started to bloom, or more than that. 

--

FIN.