장 8

Fairytale Feeling

(The Script’s Breakeven, Red Velvet’s Light Me Up, Pheobe Hoffman’s Crossroads from The Best of Me’s OST)

After the relay, Kyungsoo walks towards me. I’m sitting on the floor where he left me during the game. I can’t stand because whenever I try to stand, it aches. He said that he saw me while running that my feet’s landing doesn’t look good. He offered me his back but Chanyeol came and immediately carry me to his back. He said Kyungsoo can’t carry me and Kyungsoo send Chanyeol death-glares which made us laugh.

“Thanks for carrying me all the way here. Sorry for causing you trouble. I know I’m heavy.”

“It’s okay. We won second place so it’s fine. Should I call Sera?”

“You don’t have to.”

“Why not?”

“She have her new circle of friends I don’t want to disturb her.”

“Having a new circle of friends doesn’t mean she abandoned you.”

“I know. But I don’t want to stop her from having new friends and have bonding time with her roommates.”

“Okay. That’s what you want. I’ll leave now. I’m going to excuse you to the teachers.”

“Sure. Thanks again, Chanyeol.”

 

I’m alone here at my room. Suddenly I heard multiple knocks. I grabbed my crutches and head to the door. Hyerim’s here to call me for dinner. The activities ended 30 minutes ago. As we walk on the hallway, we run into Sera who’s going to their room.

“What happened to you?”

“Just a minor injury.”

“Why didn’t you told me?”

“I don’t want to disturb you.”

“But Hyerim’s here helping you. Why didn’t you asked for me?”

“Because you’re with you roommates.” She didn’t talk for a minute and stared at me.

“Omg! I-I’m so sorry for being so oblivious.”

“It’s okay. I understand you.”

“Thanks, Hyerim for helping Seojin.”

“Why didn’t you include her to your new circle of friends?”

“I’m so sorry, Seojin. You look like you’re jealous. You know me when it comes to fashion and Hyerim’s always leaving so we can’t talk to her.”

“Because she get’s out of place. If I were her, I’ll feel the same way.”

“I’m really sorry! Sorry, Hyerim! Sorry, Seojin!” She hugs us both.

“We’re beside the stairs. I don’t want to fall and end up having both feet injured.” They both laugh.

 

Having injury won’t stop me from walking at the tree-lined path. The moon’s up and the stars are twinkling. Though, my crutches makes me uncomfortable. The cold fresh night air is welcoming me. It’s quite far from the hotel but I can manage walking going there. I want to go there alone. I guess it’s not dangerous walking here at night. I can see some tourist walking so it’s fine walking alone.

“You’re not allowed to roam around with a feet like that.”

“Who said I’m not allowed?”

“What if something happens?”

“Like what?”

“What if a bear from the zoo sneaked out.”

“A bear? Sneaked out? What kind of imagination do you have, Baekhyun?” I chuckled.

“I repeat, what if.”

“I’m going to believe you if you gave me a reasonable example like, what if the rain pours.”

“See? You have ideas of what might happen.” He stands straight from the tree he was leaning. “Why are you out?”

“Why are you out, too?”

In the end, we’re now walking together, not answering each other’s question. I told him not to accompany me because I want to savor the environment alone. He’s walking behind me and trying his best not to talk. Due to paying to much attention to my surroundings, I haven’t realize that I almost bump into the tourist in front of me causing me to lose my balance. The guy behind me is attentive enough to support me from falling to the ground. Instead of preventing more casualty, we ended up falling together. ’s touching the hard ground.

“Look what happened!”

“Will you help me stand first before you start scolding?”

Holding my crutches tight, I’m trying my best not to show how much my and feet hurts. Maybe I need to go back to the hotel to rest my aching body parts. I’m so stupid for not noticing that tourist. If my Mom knows what happened to me today. I’m sure she’s going to worry and mad at me on how stupid I am at the same time. And there’s Gayoung Unnie too!

“Now what?”

“What?”

“I’m not going to carry you back to the hotel. Are you still going to wander?”

“Of course!”

I started to walk around the area but Baekhyun kneeled in front of me after five minutes. Couple’s who were enjoying their dates under the night sky saw us and I heard some of them are jealous of Baekhyun’s kind gesture.

“I can’t stand looking at you walking. Let’s go back.”

“I didn’t ask you to stay and watch me walk.”

“Are you going to reject my piggy back ride or I’m going to carry you like before?”

“You’re blackmailing me. Don’t you dare do that.” He changed his position attempting to put me on his shoulder. I try to move backwards, thanks to my injured feet for making it hard for me to move faster.

“See? You’re scared.”

“Just… Let’s go back.”

“I’m not going to offer you again if your feet hurts on the way back.”

“Okay! When we got to the hotel’s parking, you should put me down.”

This is the second time that I was carried by my batch mate today. I kept saying sorry to Baekhyun for carrying me all the way back with the weight of mine. Yes, I said sorry. I didn’t believe it myself either. Me? Saying sorry and thank you to Baekhyun? Nah!

“Are you okay?” I yawned.

“Yeah. And you can put me down now.”

“I think you should check your temperature.” He placed his palm on my forehead and his other hand to his.

“I’m fine.” I swat his hand away.

“I know girls tend to say they’re fine when they’re actually not.”

“It seems that you’ve dated bunch of girls before.”

“Not really.”

“A famous student? I don’t believe you.”

“Why not? I dated girls for fun.” For fun? I’m shocked and dejected. I can’t be with him. I stopped walking and looked at his face. He looked back at me and I guess he’s serious. I can’t see any trace of prank on his face.

“You’re kidding.”

“I’m not. They’re not taking me seriously, so why would I? We just eat, go to parties, just like that. What do you think about the ‘fun’ I told you?” He’s smirking.

“N-nothing!”

“Ha! You’re naughty!” He laughs loudly that makes my ear irritated.

 

The fact scares me that he doesn’t take her dates seriously. Suddenly, the nice aura of the area becomes melancholy.