장 3

Fairytale Feeling

Before my touches my chair. Sera rushed to my seat to ask me what happened last night. She didn’t even let me seat first before asking me. I told her that the couple we met last night are not adopting me because they have a child and it’s a boy. The moment I told her that it’s a boy. She went wild..

            “Is he good looking? What’s his name?”

            “He’s not there.”

            “What do you mean?”

            “He didn’t show up.” I frown. “But Dad said Mr. Hyeonu wants me to have dinner with his son whenever I’m free. He wants to apologize about last night’s event.”

            “No way..”  She spoke to herself in a whisper.

            “What?”

            “Why am I thinking of this..”

            “What are you talking about?”

            “Haha! Nothing! Don’t mind me!” I frowned again. “Yah! Stop frowning! Let’s go shopping before your dinner with your future Prince Charming.”

As usual I can’t go shopping with her because I have to go to work and I have enough clothes in my closet to wear. She just used my dinner date so she can go shopping. What am I going to do with her?

 

            “By the way, Seojin” My manager peeks from his office. “You can have your day off on Saturday.”

            “What will happen with my Sundays?”

            “Oh! That will remain as your day off. I’m just giving you an extra day off for this week.” He smiled and went back to his paper works.

What was that? Why is he giving me an extra day off? Am I missing something here? I haven’t done any heroic moves here. Okay, that’s weird.

 

On my way home. Mom texted me that she have something to tell me when I got home. Why is she doing this kind of stuff? She’s making me nervous. As I reach the staircase, I slowly walk upstairs so I can go to my room quietly and sleep early but my Mom is waiting inside my room so I don’t have chance to escape from her.

            “Hey, Mom! You’re in here.” What are you going to tell me? Oh, my Gosh!

            “Mirae’s son agrees on Saturday. Will you come?”

Suddenly, I remembered something. (You can have your day off on Saturday.) Hmm. (I’m just giving you an extra day off for this week.) I speculate that someone has been using their business power.

            “You called my manager, did you?”

            “What makes you think like that?” I guess she’s trying to hide her smile.

I can see through her movements that they have something to do with my unexpected day off. Well, that’s unexpected for me.

 

I woke up late because I turned off my alarm since I don’t have work today. When I saw that it’s already lunch time. I immediately prepare myself for my meet up. The dinner is moved earlier than 6:30. My Mom reserved a restaurant at 3pm. It’s not dinner. I bumped my head on the door because I’m having a difficult time wearing my jeans.

            “You’re wearing that?” Junhyung Oppa, my driver said.

            “Is there something wrong with my outfit?” Scanning my toes to my shirt.

            “Is it okay for you to wear jeans?”

            “When it comes to me, it’s okay. Trust me, Oppa.” He laughs.

I asked the receptionist where’s my Mom’s reservation is. One of the staff said that my date is already there waiting for me. Wow! Such an early bird, huh? I looked around and saw a guy looking at me. I guess he’s the one I’m going to meet.

            “Sorry to keep you wait. I’m –“ Extending my hand.

            “What a pleasant surprise to see you today, Miss Yang Seojin. The daughter of the richest business man. Oh! And the cousin of Jongin.” He smirk. Did he just.. Ugh!

            “Excuse me, Mister?” I’m not surprised. He’s a friend of my cousin. He knows me, he looks familiar but I don’t know his name.

            “Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.”

            “I guess I don’t need to introduce myself.” As I take my seat, I heard he chuckle.

            “I’m surprised that you don’t know me.”

            “I don’t pay attention to others. It’s a waste of time.”

            “Oh..”

Our foods came and no one talks. What am I going to say to him? We’re not close. The way he talks to me when I came really irritates me. How rude! Two can play the game. I’m not going to lose with this famous-annoying-talkative-guy.

Before we finished our food, he asked me where I want to go. (Maybe his Mom told him to take me out.) I don’t have any idea so he asked me again if I drink coffee and I said yes. So he brought me to Starbucks.

            “Here’s your mocha frappe, Ma’am.” I rolled my eyes.

            “Are you always like this? Cold to others?”

            “I guess. I don’t know.” I shrugged.

            “I’m going to take you to your home after.” Because his Mom told him to. “So, we’re friends now.”

            “Who told you that?”

            “Well.. We both know each other.”

            “A casual acquaintance. We’re still not friends, though.”

            “You’re frustrating.” Ha! Got yah!

He’s annoyed the fact that I kept on being a bad girl. But he still gave me a ride. If he didn’t, I’m sure his Mom is going to kill him for not showing his gentleman’s side.

 

The next day, I saw my Mom in the kitchen and she asked me right away. She’s nothing different from Sera. I wonder if they’re related.

            “Good morning, My Princess! How’s your meet up with Mirae’s son?”

            “Good morning, My Queen! Nothing’s special.”

            “That’s all?”

            “Mom, are you expecting anything?”

            “Oh, don’t get me wrong!” I know she is!

            “Love you, Mom! What’s the food?”

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter! I did my best and forced myself to write last night to update. I already have a draft but I’m going to revise it because I’m not satisfied with the outcome. And.. Who can give me a good cover for the story?

I’m currently busy with my thesis but I’ll try my very best to update my story again. What’s your reaction with the story? I would love to hear from you, Guys. Your response will be my inspiration on writing. <3

Btw, we can talk on twitter! I can be more active on twitter than here. Let’s have some conversation there.  ㅋㅋㅋ

  • Mika. (@avakimx)