II.

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2.

Yong Hwa chuckled lightly while his hands stayed firm on steering wheel when he drove Shin Hye to the airport at the early dawn. Fortunately, there was not much cars that dawn. With Shin Hye leaning against him while he was driving, it could be really dangerous if he happened to lose his control.

‘I hate leaving you behind.’ Shin Hye mumbled audibly but still managed to be heard by Yong Hwa. She was tired but at same time, she did not feel like going to sleep at the moment though Yong Hwa told her to get some sleep while he continued to drive her to the airport. ‘One week is long enough.’ Shin Hye whined, inhaling his scent that she might going to miss when she was away.

Yong Hwa laughed. He was going to miss her too but he understood her responsibilities on her company. She was the leader of the successful company in Korea. She has her reputation to hold and Yong Hwa would never let Shin Hye to ignore things that she has been working so hard on.

‘You will stay until my secretary come?’ Shin Hye asked as she looked up at him.

‘You want me to stay?’

Shin Hye immediately nodded without even feeling hesitate. Of course, she wanted him to stay while no one were going to eye on them since she purposely told him to send off earlier, more like three hours early, before she supposedly to check in.

‘Should we have breakfast together?’

Shin Hye nodded again, grinning widely at him. ‘Neh. Coffee date.’

Yong Hwa immediately parked his car as soon they reached at the airport and walked inside hand in hand with her while his other hand carrying her luggage. There was not so many people around making Yong Hwa to sigh in relief. Whenever they were out in public, Yong Hwa was always worried of Shin Hye. She was one of famous figure, and the media always love followed her private love especially her love life since she was engaged to one most sought available bachelor without knowing Shin Hye has another man apart from Teacyeon.

Unlike Shin Hye, she once told him that she was hoping that she would get caught by the media while they were spending time together. She reasoned out that so she has less to explain to her father.

‘Let have coffee there, neh.’ Shin Hye lightly shook his hand while her eyes were eyeing few cafés right before them.

***

Taecyeon stared on his phone again. Shin Hye has yet to text him after she stood him up again when they were supposed to have dinner together. He would never understand his fiancé. Just what on earth she needs more from him. He has given her everything but Shin Hye was too cold towards him. She was sometime cynical and sarcastic when they were having a simple talk. But that was one of her charm. Shin Hye was acting all mighty and putting less interest on him making him to yearn of her more.

But, lately Shin Hye was distancing herself from him making their relationship on a verge of breaking down and it actually killing him.

Taecyeon sighed deeply. He liked Shin Hye so much and wanted her to acknowledge his genuine feeling for her but for godness’s sake, that lady could be really ignorant.

‘I just got a call from secretary’s office. Miss Park will not in until next week.’ Yuri told him while scanning for few important emails from the tablet. ‘… and she cancelled another date with you in next weekend.’

‘Mwo?’

Taecyeon looked at his newly appointed assistant in mixed feeling. Shin Hye cancelling another lunch out together was the last thing he wanted to hear. Suddenly he was feeling agitated when Shin Hye cancelled their date again through his official email when he was just a message away from him.

‘She wrote here, she will call you when she is free.’ Yuri squinted her eyes on him in disbelief. The truth was so hard to swallow yet it was the reality. She pitied him all the times when Shin Hye treated him just like any other of her people. What kind of weird relationship they are having, Yuri thought.

Taecyeon scoffed. ‘She will call me? You know she will never call me. I even doubt if she really has my number.’

‘Then try to message her?’

Taecyeon sighed deeply. No one in this world understand his relationship with Shin Hye, not even his best buddies. He remembered clearly Shin Hye told him that she has no intention to go further with their engagement and what more to marry him.

And, sure her words broke his heart deeply.

‘God bless you if she really reply my message.’

Yuri tried not to laugh when seeing her boss already turning sour at her suggestion.

‘You need to put more effort and woo her. Don’t just go around with your friends. Take her to places she likes.’

‘It is easy to say.’ Taecyeon sighed. ‘She is not like any other woman.’

Yuri smiled faintly. Somehow, she could understand his feeling. No one in the company were really fond of the young heiress. Shin Hye was too cold with everyone. It seemed to be really hard to see her smiling and what more to return back their greetings.

***

Doyeon hastily gulped down half of water bottle after running here and there. Shin Hye was upset with the whole presentation that evening and ordered their team to redo with the floor plan and interior design. With the time limited given, nothing seemed to work the way they wanted it to be. Shin Hye kept on rejecting their idea making them even more frustrated.

‘What did she say this time?’ Haneul looked at the young secretary, hoping to hear some good news. At least telling them the latest design was progressing well.

Doyeon immediately looking so discourage and Haneul obviously could figure it out already.

‘Why she always has us to make changes at the last minutes? I thought she was already set with our last review.’ Hongbin butted in.

Haneul sighed heavily. ‘I suddenly missed working with Park Hae Jin. At least, he is more considerate compare to Shin Hye though they have the same look on the faces.’

Doyeon agreed. She was once assigned working under his supervision when she was still a newbie. Hating the idea to compare the two siblings, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter