III.

The Runaway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3.

Shin Hye looked around the empty living room and saw few stacks of paper on the table and red pens scattered near the papers. Yong Hwa must be marking his student’s papers again. Shin Hye silently pulled her luggage, and almost tiptoeing as she passed through the door. Since the tiny apartment was already dark, she was sure that Yong Hwa must be sleeping already. She quickly went off to the kitchen to get something to drink while leaving her belonging behind.

After gulping down the cold water, Shin Hye went straight to their shared bedroom and saw Yong Hwa was lying flatly in their bed. Seeing him sleeping peacefully with his light snores could be heard across the room, Shin Hye could not help but to smile faintly at him. He was looking so innocence and calm in this state.

Never knew that she would end up loving him harder now than their first meeting.

Shin Hye sighed again, more like feeling relief that they both eventually met and ended up being together. After staring a minute or two at him, Shin Hye quick to change into more comfortable clothes before joining him in bed.

‘Hmm.’

Shin Hye froze a little when Yong Hwa moved a bit at her sudden movement. When she was sure Yong Hwa was back to his sleep, Shin Hye carefully lied down and faced him. Her hand went up to reach for his messy hairs and gently fixed them so that she could have a clear view of his handsome face.

‘What are you doing?’

Shin Hye chuckled softly and pecked on his lips after hearing him mumbling in his sleep. Yong Hwa must have realised that she has got back judging from the way he was pulling her waist towards him while his leg was already went on top of her, sandwiching their legs together.

‘Did you just come?’ He mumbled again as Shin Hye snuggled deeper into him.

‘Deh.’

‘Why didn’t you call me to pick you downstairs?’ Yong Hwa leaned towards her and languidly put his lips against her with his eyes close.

Shin Hye pretended to sulk pulling herself away from him. ‘I wanted to surprise you but you ruined my plan.’

‘Exactly, honey. Your perfume is just too strong.’ Yong Hwa tightened his arms around her, trying to kiss her again but Shin Hye was quick to retreat herself from him.

‘You are not getting anymore kiss from me.’

Yong Hwa giggled softly at her childish antics and slowly opened his eyes only to see the woman he loved so dearly was pouting sulkily at him. He knew Shin Hye was just teasing him. Shin Hye always acted such way whenever she was not satisfy with him or maybe, her surprise plan did not go well. They may sound really childish to anyone, but for him it was really endearing, knowing Shin Hye was such a cold person when she with someone else.

‘I thought you missed me, Shin Hye-yah.’ Yong Hwa smiled fondly at her while staring into her eyes. His free hand went to her cheek and God knows, how much he missed her so bad when they were away even it was only few days. ‘Shin Hye-yah.’

‘Hmm.’

They looked at each other for another next minutes before Yong Hwa finally brought her on top of him. He was no longer sleepy since now she was here, right in his arms.

‘What will happen to us later when you get to marry with your fiancé?’ Yong Hwa did not know why all of sudden, he has an urge to bring her engagement up when all these days, he would prefer to keep it silence since he knew he was the one who would end up hurting.

‘Will you really left me?’ Yong Hwa looked into her eyes with his hands gingerly tugging her hairs into the back of her ears.

Shin Hye went silence at his questions. She seriously did not expect Yong Hwa would bring this matter tonight though she knew one day, now or later, he would talk about this. But, Shin Hye never expected that this day came really fast than she really expected. A lot of questions running through her mind. Did he got really bored with her already, or did he found someone who will walk him in hand in public, or maybe, he was done with her and he was no longer love her. Just the simple thoughts of them enough to shatter her heart.

‘Shin-’ Yong Hwa sighed heavily. God! He really loves her so much and he did not think he could bear to part away from her. And now, he was feeling guilty for bringing up this unfavourable discussion when he caught Shin Hye slowly turning bitter and gloomy. ‘Mianhe, jagi. I didn’t mean to say-’

‘Aniyo-’ Shin Hye smiled bitterly. ‘You said the right thing, Yong. I should have sorted these out.’

‘I love you so much, Shin Hye-yah. Really love you.’ Yong Hwa muttered softly as he gently flipped them around and leaned closer towards her. ‘I really love you, Shin Hye-yah.’

***

‘Mwo?’ Taecyeon moved his head to right and then to left, enjoying the beats that starting to hype up when the famous DJ making his appearance on the stage. His eyes were still fixed on his friend who was looking solemnly at him.

‘Why are you here again? Did Shin Hye ditch you again?’ Chansung smirked as he watched Taecyeon seemed to enjoy the party that night while surrounded by other women.

Taecyeon laughed at his assumption. He been ditched for many times already and now, his friend was still bothering to ask him that question when he surely knew the answer.

‘Why are we talking about her again?’ Taecyeon took another sip of his drink before offering to the woman next to him. ‘Let enjoy tonight, okay?’ He looked at his friend again before he went off to the dance floor dragging the woman he just knew few moment ago to follow him.

He could care less about Shin Hye at the moment. What was his fiancé up to, or how was she being doing lately since Shin Hye too never put even a slightest interest on him. But tomorrow, he would be visiting her office, a surprise visit to be exact and took her out for lunch. Shin Hye definitely could not say no to him.

Least that he knew, someone not far from him was already squinting his eyes staring at him in disbelief as he continued to dance intimately with the other woman.

***

 ‘Yong! Your sandwich!’ Shin Hye hastily strode towards him with his coffee and sandwich in her tiny hands. ‘You should finish your food before you go, Yong-ah.’

Yong Hwa chuckled lightly and snatched his food from her and finished it in a go. ‘Kundae, I will be home a bit late later, neh. Ottoke? I didn’t know you will be home last night. I already promised my students

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter