So Much Can Happen In A Year

My Life At Mabel Lane

                                                                                                            Kim "Key" Kibum Diary 1927
January 20th 1927

Dear Diary

Today I finally got a job. The centre sent to me to Mabel lane, the most famous street in the country. It is filled with mansions and manors, many of the rich lived around here. I arrived outside a beautiful Victorian style manor, the garden looked so beautiful and colourful. I was led to the workers entrance, many of the staff gazed at me when I was taken upstairs by the head butler.

I felt so nervous, butterflies running wild in my stomach as I walked up carpet stairs. The sound of the lord's deep voice had me trembling and worrying, what if they didn't like me or I was not good enough for them. Entering the main main relaxing room, the lord stood up behind his desk and smiled while greeting me. I was in the room for about half an hour, I still don't know why I was so nervous, Lord Jinki was very kind and sweet, his brother Minho also seemed very polite to me.

I learnt a lot about the family, Lord Jinki had three children, Jonghyun who was 22 years old, Hyolyn who was 19 and Taemin who was 17 years old. Upstairs lived HyunA, Lord Jinki's mother in law and I was warned she could be a bit mental and a handful at times. My position is being a maid, running around all day waiting on them hand and foot while cleaning the house.

I got two afternoon's off a month and got paid 6 pence a week, it wasn't much but lest I could send it to mum so she can pay her rent and bills. I was excused after Lord Jinki approved of me and for the rest of the day I was shown around the house. I was told of my chores and was given my uniform. I have a small room to sleep in down stairs along the corridor to the servants kitchen, it isn't much but I have a nice warm bed and a chest of drawers for my little clothing items.

I have a mirror and a window with a view of the back garden. The house is so big and beautiful, I have never seen anything like it in all my 19 years of life. I have to go to bed now, it is half past ten and I have to be up a six in the morning to prepare the morning tea. I hope I get on well here as I really like it here so far. Good night.

February 15th 1927

I have been here nearly a month and so much has happened. Some good and some bad, I feel confused and sometimes hurt. The head butler Woohyun seems to like bossing me around, it is always me he decides to pick on. Serri the cook and Bomi the other maid are such sweet girls although they do get better treatment them me.

Ravi is the footman and he is very strict when I do something wrong, most of the time he is fine though. I have seen a lot go on, Lord Jinki seems to be having Lady Luna over very often and he seems very smitten with her. Lady Luna is a very beautiful lady and has such gorgeous dresses. I also caught our head butler Woohyun sneaking off to miss Hyolyn's room.

She is such a tease and has quite a rude attitude towards me, she always tells me to know my place. I am a servant, a maid while she is rich and a spoilt brat. I know Miss Hyolyn loves Woohyun, the way she teases him, the glances and subtle lip bits while looking at him. I haven't even had time to send my mum any money because Woohyun steals my wages, he uses blackmail against me and I stand no chance fighting against him.

Am I really such a  bad person? Mr Jonghyun and Mr Taemin are very friendly though, never have they been rude to me. I did notice Mr Jonghyun glare nastily at Hyolyn at the breakfast table yesterday when she insulted me when I buttered her toast. I have met Lady HyunA, she is a sweet little old lady although she likes to throw her chocolate pudding and porridge at me and I have run out of clean uniforms until Friday.

I have learnt to dodge most of the time but I end up scrubbing the door and walls clean while she sleeps. I hope things get better for me soon, I like it here and secretly I quite like Mr Jonghyun. He is such a gentleman and looks so handsome especially when he is all dressed up smartly. Well it is late and I need to sleep, good night.

March 18th 1927

So many things have happened during the recent month. While Woohyun still bullies me and treats me like dirt, it seems the family have become nicer to me except Miss Hyolyn. Mr Minho cheered me up a few days ago after finding me in tears after Woohyun and Ravi shouted at me for not dusting a photo frame. Mr Jongyun called out for his uncle Minho when he noticed my flushed cheeks and red rimmed eyes.

Mr Jonghyun is such a funny, sweet man, my heart fluttered as he helped cheer me up, he even gave me a hug before heading out to play tennis with Minho. Embracing Mr Jonghyun was amazing, he felt so warm and so soft, his scent was husky with a hint of cinnamon. I swear each time he smiles, my heart goes into cardiac arrest, it is like his smile is brighter then the sun shining out side.

I had never felt better after that hug from Mr Jonghyun, the rest of the day, nothing that anyone did affected me nor made my smile fall. The next day, Mr Taemin (the youngest of the children) asked me to watch him dance. Wow he is amazing, his moves are just on point and so smooth, I am rather jealous but in a good way. I would love to be able to dance as well as Mr Taemin, I have never seen someone move so well.

Of course when I went back down to the servents kitchen I got scolded for slacking and trying to hide so I didn't have to work. Of course no one believed me when I told them that Mr Taemin asked me to watch him dancing. I was very lucky that Mr Taemin defended me as I helped serve the meat at dinner time, the face Woohyun made when Taemin thanked me for my help earlier that day was priceless.

Serri and Bomi have been kind to me and Serri makes sure I get nice meals each day. They seem to be the only real nice maids who are in the same position as me. Lady HyunA gave me some words of encouragement today, I know people say she is mental but she is so kind. Her words gave me strength to do well and become a better person. Well tomorrow is a big day as Lord Jinki has the prime mister coming for dinner. Good Night.

April 24th 1927

Well I cannot believe what has happened to me this past month. I barely get time to write in my diary so once a month is all I get to write everything. The dinner party was amazing, everyone wore such dazzling, glittery gowns while the men looked very smart in their black suits and ties. Serri had cooked Duck with all the ts and it went down such a treat.

Hyoyln complained that I poured too much gravy on her plate but Lord Jinki told her to shut up and eat what she has got. Lord Jinki and his brother Minho are always so kind to me, they don't seem to be as kind to the head butler or footman but they always smile and ask about me. Mr Jonghyun seemed to want me glued to his side during the meal, always asking for me.

He remembered about the incident when his Uncle Minho caught me crying, asking if everything was fine. I felt so flattered that he remembered and felt my cheeks turn red, I couldn't dump all my problems on Mr Jonghyun. I was just a servant while he was upper class, living with the very rich and wealthy people. I bowed and thanked him before heading to the kitchen when I had finished my duties.

Woohyun of course had to ruin my moment of bliss, ordering me to stay up until the party would end in the early hours of the morning. By half past 11, everyone had gone to bed and left me in the kitchen, waiting in case I was needed upstairs in the dining room. The dinner had turned into a party with people dancing and having fun, I had my hands curled around a mug of hot coco, I was tired and cold. I was feeling down with Woohyun and Ravi picking on me, Woohyun still took my wages every week.

I barely have a penny to my name, I have given up most of my afternoons off because I can't afford to go out or do anything. During the day while I had been preparing Miss Hyolyn's clothes for the evening, she came in screaming that Woohyun was taking me to the cinema. I was confused while she stood by the door in a foul mood because Woohyun turned her down for trip to the cinema and supposedly chose me.

I thought maybe this was going to be a turning point but I was left with my hope in tatters and broken. Woohyun just sneered and said he told Hyolyn that so she would leave him alone but it seems he is going to sneak out with her after all. It hurt me so much, I thought maybe we were going to become friends. I still don't know why he hates me but each day he makes it very clear that he does.

While I was thinking back to earlier events in the day I was startled when the door opened, it was half past midnight, looking up I was shocked to see Mr Jonghyun entering the servants kitchen. He noticed my tear filled eyes, rushing to my side to help make me better. I couldn't tell Mr Jonghyun about my issues but he seemed to not give up, I ended up breaking down and telling him everything.

Mr Jonghyun was so understanding and sweet, he really made me feel a lot better. I was curious as to why he had come down to the servants kitchen, hearing him sigh and complain the dinner/party was driving him insane. I offered to make him a mug of hot coco which he accepted, we spent a good two hours chatting and I couldn't help but fall in love with him.

Mr Jonghyun offered to take me to the cinema when I next get an afternoon off which will be next week. He sent me to bed when the clock read three in the morning, he knew I had to be up early. Before I left the kitchen, Mr Jonghyun hugged me goodnight. I slept very well that evening. That morning Woohyun tried to get me into trouble with Lord Jinki. He said I went to bed when I was supposed to stay up until the party ended, Woohyun was very rude about me.

Mr Jonghyun stepped into the room while the discussion took place, a look of disgust on his face as he looked at Woohyun. Mr Jonghyun not only covered for me as I was following his orders but he also warned Woohyun to start treating me with respect. Even Lord Jinki agreed and it made me happy to see so many defend me even if I am just a maid.

This is rather long and tomorrow we are throwing a late birthday party for Mr Jonghyun. I made him a little something as a gift, it wasn't much, just a scarf I knitted during my free time. I best sleep as this entry is getting long but I can't believe Mr Jonghyun was so kind to me. I envy the lucky lady that will have Mr Jonghyun as a husband. Sigh, good night.

May 25th 1927

Wow where do I start. Mr Jonghyun kept his promise to me, he came down early afternoon when it was my afternoon off. He was dressed so smartly with shoes, black trousers and a long coat. The look on Woohyun and Ravi's faces when Mr Jonghyun asked if I was ready as the film started soon was so funny. He led me out with an arm draped over my shoulder, he took me in one of the expensive cars, I had never been in a car let alone such a beautiful car.

Mr Jonghyun brought the tickets and we sat in the middle, I was scared that his image would be damaged if seen out with a maid like me. Mr Jonghyun didn't seem to care only smiling and ruffling my fluffy black hair. Mr Jonghyun was just so perfect, his chestnut brown hair, those beautiful puppy eyes. His plump lips and sharp jaw, he was what models wish they could look like.

The film was amazing, Mr Jonghyun even let me cuddle up to him during the most romantic parts. He even brought me an ice cream on the way home, I have never been treated so good not even when I lived with mum. Once I returned back to the home, Mr Jonghyun bid goodbye for now with a hug. He told me to stop calling him Mr Jonghyun as it made him feel old and just call him Jonghyun.

I blushed so much and felt so giddy and happy, to see those who treat me bad look so mad made me giggle. Well Mr Jonghyun's birthday party was amazing, so pretty. The usual guest had arrived for the dinner, Lady Luna, the family and a few others like Mr Kai a friend of Taemins. I noticed Mr Jonghyun didn't have a guest which confused me.

Wow did he look so handsome, dressed in a navy blue suit with white stripes and his chestnut hair all styled up. I couldn't take my eyes of him, he was just amazing and dare I be a bit naughty and say on legs. He seemed to be having a chat with his dad (Lord Jinki) when I brought up the pot's of vegetables. I was going to head back to my duties when Lord Jinki called me over for a chat.  

I thought maybe I was in trouble but I was left speechless when he told me that Jonghyun wanted me to be his guest for his birthday dinner. I couldn't refuse and felt so giddy, Jonghyun had chosen me to be his guest out of all the beautiful women in the world. I knew having a maid sat at the family dinner table was not a good look but both seemed to want me there. Jonghyun told me to get changed although I didn't have such smart evening clothing.

I wore some slim black trousers and a knitted red jumper that was made by my grandma with some black shoes that I scrubbed to look semi decent. My hair looked tussled as I hadn't had time to style it well but on my upstairs, Jonghyun saw me and complimented me. I got to sit in between Jonghyun and Lord Jinki. The dinner was Roast beef with all the ts with a vanilla cream slice and trifle for dessert.

It felt strange being the one waited on hand and foot, the foul looks Woohyun gave me when he saw me was priceless. He and Ravi caused trouble when they tried to pull me out of the seat and apologizing for me being so rude but Lord Jinki ordered them to leave me alone. Jonghyun looked ready to kill at any moment, it was luck Lord Jinki and Minho stood up first.

I had never laughed and had so much fun before. Jonghyun was such a gentleman to me through out the evening, as it was time to head to bed, he surprised me again. He handed me five pounds (I have never had so much money before) It could fed me and mum for nearly two months. Jonghyun told me that he knew about Woohyun stealing my wages and wanted to pay me back with some extra.

Before Jonghyun left to head upstairs, I handed him the knitted white scarf I had made him. Seeing his face light up happily and asking if I made it made me feel so special and lucky. Jonghyun hugged me and thanked me for his present, wrapping it around his neck. He looked like a puppy with his head peeking out over snow. The pain of making the scarf (I prickled my finger many times) was so worth it for Jonghyun.

He bid me good night with the sweetest peck on the cheek before heading up stairs, he turned and winked at me before disappearing down the corridor. It was a magical evening, it's over now and I am back to simple Key the maid. Although I don't mind being a maid, everyone is so nice to me. Well I best get to sleep, I am due up in a few hours to wake up the family with morning tea. Good Night.

June 5th 1927

I know I only wrote an entry a few days ago and this will be short but I had to write this. I finally met Minho's wife Lady Yuri and wow she is very beautiful and elegant. She is stern and has a sharp tongue, I fear to ever upset or annoy Lady Yuri, she seems like a lady who would crush you if hurt or upset her. I must be lucky as she was very polite with me, she told me her husband had spoken about me a lot on the phone.

Lady Yuri had been away on business for a while but now she is here and she likes me, I felt so flattered that Minho spoke about me to his pretty wife. It was all positive words and she seemed so interested in me and asking me all sorts of questions as I helped dish out chips for their fish supper. She asked if I had settled in well and had any issues, Jonghyun seemed to have my back as he spoke about certain rude staff and Yuri seemed to be angered by the news.

It was made worse when Ravi and Woohyun spoke to me like dirt and pulled me around in front of the family. Lord Jinki and Minho looked disgusted, Jonghyun wanted to kill and Taemin looked appalled by their behaviour. Lady Yuri was the one to call them over and pour her coffee over their clean uniforms before giving them a stern scolding that had even the family cowering in fear.

I giggled in the corner as I watched, Jonghyun grabbed my hand which made me jump in surprise. He asked if I was fine, my heart fluttering like wild as I nodded my head and bit my lip. Once Lady Yuri dismissed Woohyun and Ravi, she asked if I was fine. I bowed and thanked everyone for their kindness and for protecting me, Lady Yuri asked me to sit at the table, giving me a large serving of chips and a large battered cod.

She wouldn't take no for an answer and I am scared to get on the wrong side of Lady Yuri so I politely sat beside her and Jonghyun. Is it bad that I felt apart of the family even though I was just a maid, a stranger who works for them? After dinner I helped wash up and finished ironing some clothes that the family had requested for the next day.

Now I am tucked up in bed, feeling like a very special and spoilt boy. I hope the family know just how grateful I am to them, they are like my friends instead of my boss. Well I have a long day ahead of me and I need my beauty sleep. Good Night.

July 1st 1927

Time is surely flying by as we are in July now. The warm weather is here and my gosh does Jonghyun look good in shorts. Yesterday Jonghyun asked me if I would like to go with him and walk his puppy Roo. He recently adopted her from the kennels and she is so adorable with her floppy ears. I felt flustered as I had my duties to do and Woohyun was glaring daggers at me as Jonghyun asked.

I said yes as I really wanted to go and I didn't take my afternoon off last week. I hadn't stepped outside for a while and I wanted to feel the sun on my skin and smell the beautiful summer air. Jonghyun looked super handsome in his shorts and top, he had such strong muscles and such beautiful tanned skin. We walked although the road, there is a nice park not far from the manor.

The flowers were blooming and many couples and family's were together having a picnic and having fun. I felt a pang of jealously, I never got to experience a picnic. My father divorced my mum a few years ago, he ran off with the nurse that treated him during the war. Mum never had enough money for so much food to eat in the afternoon, she barely had enough for us to have a hot meal each night.

Jonghyun held my hand as we walked through the park, I felt so giddy and I blushed. His soft hand holding mine felt so magical, his fingers intertwined with mine so perfectly. I had to pinch my self to make sure I wasn't day dreaming again. The soft breeze felt so nice against my bare arms as well walked along the side of the small lake in the middle of the park.

Jonghyun held Roo's leash in his other hand, letting her free to run wild. We both ended up laughing when she dived straight into the lake to chase a bird. Jonghyun seemed to take great interest in me as we spoke. I couldn't believe such a sweet, kind hearted gentleman existed. I was always taught the richer up and poorer down.

The rich would never socialise with us poor workers yet the family seemed to different to what I have been taught. Sure Hyoyln acts like a spoilt brat even Lord Jinki, Minho and Jonghyun have told me that many times. Jonghyun listened to my worries and my past well, he seemed very understanding and supportive of my troubles. We sat under a tree after a while.

Jonghyun opened his arms so I could cuddle up to him, it was rare as being gay wasn't accepted. Yet Jonghyun seemed very open and happy when I accepted his offer to cuddle or hold his hand which made me a very happy boy. We sat there for a good forty five minutes before we had to start heading back to the manor. Roo dried off in the sun as we walked through the busy streets, Jonghyun asked to stop at a post office, he handed me Roo and asked to wait a moment.

I was confused but followed my orders as Jonghyun is my boss and I had to know my place. Jonghyun stepped out five minutes later and smiled at me before taking Roo, he handed me a small chocolate bar which was such a surprise. I hadn't had one for so long as I never had much money to by such treats, the five pounds Jonghyun gave, I tucked away safely.

As we walked home, hand in hand (Mr Jonghyun stole a block or two of my chocolate but I didn't mind). He told me that he had sent a postal stamp with ten pounds attached to my mothers address. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, I didn't expect such kindness. I told Jonghyun about the recent letter from my mother who was going to be evicted due to late rent.

I couldn't control my emotions and hugged Jonghyun tightly, constantly thanking him for his kindness. Usually the rich and wealthy wouldn't be seen dead in the street with a poor servant let alone accept a hug and hold their hand. Jonghyun was more then perfect (is there even a word for this?) Jonghyun brought me home safely and made sure to let Lord Jinki know I was with him and not skipping my chores.

It was such a perfect day and I am ever so grateful, thank you Jonghyun for your kindness. Thank you for making me so happy even if you don't feel the same way I do. I love you Jonghyun, I need my beauty sleep now and my new teddy bubbles (Which Jjong had gotten me) needs a cuddle so good night.

August 24th 1927

I am sorry for such a long wait but my life has been turned up side down. Things were going so perfectly, Lady Yuri had given me so much help and advice when it comes to the bullies. Her words gave me such confidence to smile and feel brighter then the stars and the moon. Taemin even gave me a lesson on how to dance during some free time, Lord Jinki and Minho kindly let me stay in one of the fancy rooms when the window was broken by Woohyun in my bedroom.


Jonghyun had taken me to the cinema again and we got to hang out at the beach. Feeling the cool water on my toes felt amazing, I had never laughed and felt so alive before. Lady HyunA came along to the beach and she tried to swim and find her lover. She said she got a letter from him but as I pointed out, it was dated 1894. She threw her chocolate pudding at me again but luckily most of the time I can dodge the plates.

If I run out of uniforms, I have permission Lord Jinki to wear my normal clothing while my uniforms dry. Beginning of the month was magical until I got a letter from my mum with news that shattered my life. She was rushed to hospital as she collapsed at home, from what I can make out, she needs surgery and medicine to make her better.

The problem is we cannot afford the medical care or cost of surgery so now I feel like the world's worst son right now. My five pounds won't even cover a third of the bill. I broke down in tears, Bomi and Serri rushed to my side and helped comfort me as Woohyun and Ravi laughed at my misfortune. The girls made me a cup of tea although I couldn't eat or drink let alone think straight, my mind was a jumbled mess.

I hadn't noticed Jonghyun enter the servants kitchen, I am the one to take his morning tea up but Serri did it for me and he said he was concerned. I am such a bad liar and couldn't help but reveal the issues to my tears, he read the letter in shock. He told me to go and pack some belongings as he would drive me so I could be with my mum. I was beyond speechless at his words but through my tears I was humbled and ever so grateful.

I rushed to pack some clothing and my teddy bubbles (Jonghyun brought it for me, it was a cute grey teddy bear with a little red and white bow on). When I came back downstairs and into the kitchen, I witnessed Jonghyun punching Woohyun and really scolding the  two males off. I felt frightened at how angry and deadly Jonghyun looked in that moment but his words made my heart flutter even in my broken state.

He completely changed when Jonghyun saw me standing by the door with my little bag of clothing, he smiled sadly and took my hand, taking me up stairs and through the main entrance to the house. Many bid goodbye to me and wished me and my mother well, Lady Yuri and Lady Luna had given me some beautiful flowers to take along and give to my mother.

I was deeply touched by their kind words, I wasn't going to be away for long, they said I could take as long as I needed but a week was enough. Jonghyun drove me in the family car, he held my hand softly during the journey and he gave me words of support and love which was just what I needed. We arrived down the run down street, kids playing ball in the road, girls skipping on the pavement.

Many looked on in utter shock, confused and surprised as they witnessed a wealthy and rich young man open the door and speak with me. Jonghyun gave me a hug and pecked my cheek, he held my hand, not wanting to let me go although he had no choice. He came inside to greet my mother who was laying in bed, white as a ghost and coughing violently.

She thanked Jonghyun for his kindness and help with the postal stamp to help pay her rent and bills. She even joked that she got to eat a decent meal that evening as well. Soon Jonghyun bid goodbye as his family had friends round for cocktails and fancy party food. I missed helping out preparing the food and making people happy but my mum needed me. Well I best try and get some sleep, it is cold and mum has not long fallen a sleep. Her condition only deteriorates each day, I am scared of the day I wake up and she will be gone. Sigh, well sweet dreams, good night,

September 23rd 1927

It's my birthday and I have had not one, not two but three huge surprises today. I have cried so much but this time it is happy tears unlike last month. This morning I was woken up by Jonghyun bringing me some tea in bed, I was confused as I usually bring his up in the morning. A single budding rose and card was on the tray, Jonghyun sat on the edge of my bed as I opened the card and my lips trembled at such genuinely sweet and touching words. Smelling the rose made my toes curl happily, it smelt so beautiful.

Jonghyun hugged me and wished me a happy birthday before heading out. When I got down stairs, the whole family wished me a happy birthday, they gave me the day off to celebrate. Jonghyun kindly offered to take me to the cinema again which was amazing, I felt so touched from everyone's kindness. I didn't do much once we got back to the manor, Jonghyun told me to have a sock in the bath and to come down stairs to the dining room at eight in the evening.

I was a little confused but didn't argue, through the early evening Serri and Bomi came to wish my a happy birthday and both got me sweet presents. Serri got me a scarf while Bomi got my a nice top to replace the stained one thanks to Ravi tripping me up while carrying the coffee pot. When eight in the evening arrived, I got downstairs to see Jonghyun dressed smartly in a black suit and white shirt and black tie.

He placed his hands over my eyes as he guided me into a room. Everything was quiet until Jonghyun removed his hands and everyone shouted "Surprise". I gasped as the whole family was there, lot's of food on the table and they all wished me a happy birthday. Jonghyun said this is my surprise birthday party, I was utterly speechless but the surprises didn't end there.

As I took my place at the table to have the special dinner made especially for me, Jonghyun surprised me and the whole family. Oh my gosh I still cannot believe it happened but Jonghyun confessed his love to me. In front of his friends, family and even royalty guest, he asked me to let him in and have my heart. I was so over whelmed and I was scared in case this caused a family dispute.

I could only nod my head as he looked at me with such hopeful puppy eyes. Jonghyun hugged me before closing the gap to press his plump lips against mine. The room was silent for a moment before Lord Jink and Minho stood up and applauded us, they had sweet smiles on their lips. They gave us their blessing and congratulated us.

They even planned to give me a welcome to the family dinner tomorrow which is just surreal. The last surprise of the night was something I will forever be grateful and in debt to the family for. As I hugged Jonghyun, I turned to see my mum looking so healthy, her cheeks full of colour and she wasn't coughing. I cried as I hugged my mother, Jonghyun, Lord Jink and Minho watched on with the sweetest smiles. They revealed that they had secretly paid for my mum to have her surgery and treatment.

She still has a few weeks to go until she is 100% better but I was just so glad she was fine. Lord Jinki asked my mother to come and stay at the manor, she asked if she could take on any jobs, she became the main cook (My mum loves to cook and bake). Serri was happy to give up the place and become a maid with Bomi. Lady Yuri and Lady Luna stood by my side as they brought a huge birthday cake in to the dining room, happily cheering for me and asking me to make a wish before I blew out the candles.

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that Jonghyun is my boyfriend and his family approves of me and of us. I have been brought up to Jonghyun's room for the night, he didn't want me to be alone in the cold room down stairs. He is currently just having a wash and changing into his pyjamas, his words still lingered in my mind. He said he loved me and he wanted to spend the rest of the night with his angel his arms.

I am so happy right now, surely this cannot be a cruel dream playing tricks on me. Ravi and Woohyun look like they have swallowed a lot of wasps today, they hate that the family is giving me so much attention and now I am apart of the family. Jonghyun is here now (and smelling rather nice), I best go before Jonghyun gets jealous of my diary hehehe. Sweet dreams, good night, ohh Jjong hehe.

October 31st 1927

Firstly it has gotten so cold lately. How cute is my boyfriend though, he looks so cute in his knitted white scarf I gave him for his birthday. The family did throw me a lovely welcome to the family dinner the day after my birthday (Although I think they wanted an excuse to dress up fancy again hehe). Instead of making everyone cook again, the family ordered a nice Indian take away with various curries which I had not tried before.

Some tasted too spicy for my liking but over all I liked the food a lot. I got to drink some fancy wine and it felt so strange to be known as one of the family. No longer did I have to get up at six in the morning, no longer did I have to take orders from Woohyun and Ravi. They offered me my own room but Jonghyun pouted and stamped his foot like a whining five year old, he was demanding his Bummie stayed with him.

I still blush and giggle at all the cute nick names he gives me, he has been so perfect to  me. Miss Hyolyn still didn't like me much but she isn't as rude now. Her teasing with Woohyun still continues and more often lately. I think she really likes him in a strange way although I don't get the appeal my self. I wasn't the only one to notice, Lord Jinki seems to have very stern talks with her most mornings at breakfast over her actions.

My relationship with Jonghyun was truly cemented when Jonghyun gave me a ring. It was beautiful and looked so expensive, it was a simple gold band with two small diamonds in the middle. It was the symbol of or love and even though we are not officially married, Jjong does call me his husband <3. Tomorrow Jonghyun is taking me shopping, his words were that I needed some new clothes and it is getting very cold.

Every time I mention money, he holds my hand or hugs me and tells me everything is fine and not to worry before pecking my lips. I had a super amazing experience during the month, Lady Yuri, Jonghyun and Minho took me horse riding. The family owned quite a few horses and wow it was just pure bliss. I was really scared at first in case I messed up or hurt the horse but Jonghyun helped me so much.

My horse was called Angel and was beautiful, Lady Yuri taught me how to control the horse and my safety. Minho smiled from the side as I learnt well and quickly, they took into the forest and along the river bank. We spent most of the time trotting along and I soon got into the rhythm and enjoyed my self. Jonghyun smiled proudly, his words of encouragement made me feel even better and more confident on the horse.

I felt sad when the day came to an end and we returned home. Lady Yuri promised to take me horse riding weekly while the men went and played tennis. Lady Yuri is such a sweet lady and I am so thankful to her, she has defended me many times during my time meeting her. Every time Ravi and Woohyun try anything, she snaps and comes down like a ton of bricks on them.

Well this maybe sort but I need my beauty sleep, Jjong wants me up nice and early for our day of shopping. Oh I am so excited, I have never been shopping properly before, well only window shopping. I only look at things I like but never could afford, I hope Jjong doesn't spend too much on me, I don't think I am worthy of too much. Oh and Mum is settling in fine here, the family love her and her cooking. Even her most famous cherry cake and Victoria sponge cake goes down a treat, I think Taemin has a sweet tooth for her home made strawberry jam. Oh I must go, Jjong's arms are squeezing me and the silly puppy is grumbling something in his sleep hehe. Good night.

November 20th 1927

Well this year has been a bit calmer all round. The weather has gotton a lot colder now, even seen drops of snow. Jonghyun helped me build a snowman and we named it after Lord Jinki, even he saw the funny side to it much to Woohyun's dislike. Jonghyun was naughty when we went shopping, my puppy spoilt me and he made me feel like such a special boy.

His love leaves me breathless and makes my heart flutter wildly. He spoilt me with buying plenty of trousers, jumpers, smart shirts and normal t-shirts. He got me some smart shoes and casual shoes. He even brought me two suits, one black and one a navy blue like his own stripped one. The cost of them made my eyes bulge, me and mum could have eaten for a year with the finest food on the table with that amount of money.

The day after shopping, the family had some royalty for dinner, a special roast goose was served. I felt a bit uncomfortable at first in a suit, I didn't want the maids to come up and help as I felt a little silly and shy. Jonghyun had chuckled and helped me with my dickie bow tie and straighten out my jacket. I had gotten my hair cut recently by a professional which was a first for me but I felt much better for it.

Jonghyun said I looked like the most handsome, beautiful man in the world and I bit my lip and blushed again. The dinner went well even the royalty guest complimented my mother on her outstanding cooking. I felt proud as a son to see my mum looking so much better and getting so much praise. I was scared about her living and working in the Manor in case they thought she was too common or too poor for their standards.

After the dinner, the family went out dancing and wow I can see why Taemin likes it so much, his friend Kai is a good dancer as well. He had been giving me the odd lesson here and there but I was still rusty and an awkward mover. Jonghyun seemed to find my dancing cute though and he guided me during the slow numbers as he rocked back and forth in each others arms.

Tell a little white lie but one big important event did happen this month, it was just two nights ago. The family was invited to another manor house for drinks before heading to watch a play at the theatre in town. It was opening night and had very high praise reviews in the papers that morning. Jonghyun was a gentle man through out the evening to me, keeping me close to his side.

The whole night was magical although I was very scared to begin with as I am frightened of huge crowds of people. That night I felt ready for Jonghyun to complete me and really complete our relationship, I had waited and kept my self for my one true love. I knew I had found it in Jonghyun and he showed just how special I was to him. His body was so beautiful and made me weak at the knees, he never rushed me or pressured me.

He showed me just how much he loved me and I cannot believe it happened. I want to scream from the roof tops "I LOVE KIM JONGHYUN", I want the world to know how amazing this man is and that I am the lucky boy to have him. I felt sore the morning after but after a nice bubble bath with Jonghyun kindly washing my hair for me and some yummy hot breakfast, I felt a lot better.

Although the family did tease me that morning about the love bites that littered my neck. I at first expected to be called rude names but the family chuckled at my red cheeks and told me how happy they were for us both and that it was about time. Right now I am tucked up in bed with Jonghyun beside me, he is snoring lightly, his arms wrapped around my waist. I best get some sleep as well, Jonghyun would get upset with out his morning kisses hehe. Good Night.

December 31st 1927

First of happy new years eve, this month has been a whirlwind of happiness in the house hold. The house looks beautiful covered in Christmas decorations, many lights twinkling different colours, bright and colourful tinsel wrapped and draped around the house. The tree was my favourite though, it was so tall and bushy, balls and lights covered the branches.

The most beautiful angel sat at the top of the tree, presents stacked under it in huge piles. It was the first white Christmas for me and my mother and it was just perfect, the maids and mum got to join the dinner table for Christmas dinner. Woohyun and Ravi got the sack after they were caught stealing and trying to ruin my relationship with Jonghyun. I had to giggle as Lord Jinki kicked them down the front steps and threw their suitcases out afterwards.

We have three new employee's now, Yuhno and Swion take over head butler and footman jobs while Sungmin was the male maid. All three were very polite and friendly, not even looking in disgust when Jonghyun would kiss me. Something very big happened to us this month. I got my biggest wish although many were shocked and surprised as I am now only 20 years old. Me and Jonghyun decided to adopt a little girl, so many needed a home but one little girl caught our eye. Kim Nari came home on December 10th, we had been planning to adopt her for a few weeks but wanted to keep it a surprise.

Lord Jinki and Minho were most excited, they had a beautiful grand daughter in the family. Nari is a shy girl, beautiful golden brown hair, plump lips and the cutest puppy eyes (I see a lot of Jjong in those eyes). Nari was just three years old and her mother dumped her on the steps of her home when she was just six months. Me and Jonghyun made sure to spoil our little girl, it felt so surreal to shop for such dainty dresses and shoes for a baby girl. Jonghyun was just the perfect dad, He took Nari to meet the horses and even let her sit on Black beauty and rode about the grassy field with one arm tightly securing Nari.

The whole family spoilt Nari on Christmas day as well, she got many toys, clothing although she liked the  cardboard box more then the toys hehe. We had a massive turkey with all the ts, pulling crackers and wearing the silly hats. It was the first Christmas I had properly celebrated and it was everything and more, magical doesn't describe the feeling.

During the late afternoon, many had a nap or played games, Jonghyun took Nari out to build a snow man and make snow angels. It didn't take long before it turned into a snow ball fight and some family members joined in. Lord Jinki also announced his engagement to Lady Luna which made me so happy. She is so perfect and they make the perfect couple, Hyolyn seems to have her eyes set on Swion now so Woohyun didn't last very long.

It's new years eve now and in a matter of minutes the new year will be here. The family are in the lounge, drinking and waiting for the clock to strike midnight so they can watch the fire works. I arrived here close to a year ago, I was a simple nobody with a penny to my name. I was desperate for the job they were offering, I remember feeling giddy when Lord Jinki accepted me for the position of the maid.

I promised to work hard and not let him down. I had my struggled with the bullying but I stayed strong, I didn't know I had someone watching me from a distance. Slowly meeting Jonghyun and getting close was a blessing, I was for sure he was straight and had a lovely lady on his arm but I was wrong. It seems Jonghyun only had eyes for me, he treated me so well even though I was a simple maid working for a living.

I still have that five pounds he gave me a few months ago, I think I will give it to mum so she can spoil her self and buy some pretty shoes and dresses. I have really grown to love music, I admired Lord Jinki's vinyl collection. I didn't expect to last long but it seems my life had different plans for me, I some how ended up becoming close to the family and now I am apart of the family.

I only knew a life of being poor, struggling and working hard for a living but six pence barely got me by even though Woohyun stole it weekly. Here we are, end of December and I am apart of a wealthy family. I have my own family with a daughter and husband (I know we are not properly married but Jonghyun calls me his husband.

We have special rings and in other ways, we are very much married to one another). I never knew a love like ours could exist especially with a society as strict and stern as it is right now. My mum is happy and even met a lovely man called Ken, they have been on a few dates and I swear my mum is glowing with happiness. I need to dash now, only a matter of seconds before 1928 is here and I am beyond excited for what the year has for me, Jonghyun and Nari.

Our little princess is so excited for the fire works right now. Jonghyun is hoping we can get our own place next year, even if it is a little flat or cottage but close by to the family. I love Jonghyun so much and I love Nari my little princess. I feel blessed to have such amazing people in my life and I am forever grateful for all the kindness and love they give me.

This was my first year here and I cannot wait to spend many more years filled with bliss and happiness with the family. I am Kim "Key" Kibum and this is my life at Mabel Lane Manor in 1927. Here is to many more years together. The only thing that will never change is my love for Jonghyun. The man changed my life forever and for the better. I never imagined settling down nor having a daughter of my own but now I am here. I could not be happier and my cheeks couldn't be rosier. Hehe I best be off, Nari is nagging me and Jonghyun seems to be missing his Kibummie hehe. Happy new year with love everyone.

Hello 1928


A/N Hello lovelies ^^

Thank you to everyone that subscribed already <3

Well this is the longest one shot I have written in a while ><

I hope you all enjoyed it ^^

If I make this a chaptered fic, I will keep it in Key's P.O.V.

Comment, Subscribe and enjoy lovely :3

I will see you all soon :D