Chapter 3

The Proposer

"We heard the news," a petite middle aged lady squeaked in delight. "Oh my God, we heard the news, we should celebrate it," she added some more as she hugged a younger petite woman in bone crushing hug.

"Mom, please," the young woman whimper under her mother tight grip, her face slightly blush from embarrassment.

"We almost came to your work place when we heard the news, but we decided you're not going to like the idea," the older lady stated with a fond smile as she released the hug.

A man beside her, probably her husband, reaching out to mess with the young woman's hair. "We're so proud of you, Nara," he said proudly.

"I can't believe my daughter would land herself this job in such early age," Nara's mom rambled some more, now with happy tears in her eyes.

"Ofcourse she would, my pretty and smart little girl," the man let out obnoxious laugh which Nara cringed in embarrassment. Even when they were just in her parents house, with no one's around, she still felt the embarrassment.

"Everybody has their own excellent records and really young too, I probably end up as another geek anyway," Nara said in dejected tone, settling herself in the comfort of her parents fluffy coach.

Her mother rushed to take a seat beside her. "No you won't," she reassured with gentle voice. "You're incredible, from thousand of coroners out there, they chose you, and you only, it says something."

Nara blinked her huge doe eyes a few times, absorbing through her mother's words. She indeed was chosen as one of the members of the special team, she could do this.

"And don't forget," her father added. "You were the smartest student in Korean history, they probably got nothing on you."

With a new support from her family, Nara smiled as she restored her confident back. She's ready to kick some , preferably, The Proposer's .

...

"Ten bucks for whoever catch the bastard first?"

Detective Son Dongwoon rolled his eyes when his partner's voice hissed through the earpiece that he wore. "You know we're gonna get scold later for this, right?" He stated, obviously annoyed. The dumpster beside him was full of garbage and the humid day wasn't help either. His 180cm body was sweating mess and his partner just added some more problems, much to his dismay.

"Never stop you before," his partner replied, as Dongwoon squinted his eyes at the back door of the bar nearby. "God, smell like in here."

Dongwoon glanced at his partner hideout, the very back of the aisle, with slippery road and some unknown liquid on it. He wanted to say something snarky for his annoying partner when he caught a glance of a bulky ugly guy at the back door bar. "I got eyes on suspect, he's heading south from the bar back door. I repeat, he's heading south from the bar back door. all unit ready." He could see his fellow officers and his partner straightened their posture, ready to bust their oblivious suspect.

"I got this. So, you on?" His partner hissed again. With a rolling eyes, Dongwoon replied, "next time, make sure no one heard this kind of conversation."

A light deep cuckle was the only thing he got as the retort, before he saw his partner took a sprint to where the suspect was. Dongwoon approached the suspect from behind while his partner slowly walking towards the suspect.

"Lee Yonggil?" He heard his partner called once the suspect was close enough. "Police. We want to have a little chat with you," he said as he flashed his badge.

" off," Lee Yonggil spat before he ran to the nearest aisle just beside him.

Dongwoon stared at his partner when the man shook his head in exaggerations. "Now, not so friendly, are we?"

They chased the guy in full speed through the not so busy of Seoul street. Other DSU detectives scrambling from every side of the street, heading to one path.

Dongwon's partner, suddenly made a rush turn while shouting, "keep trailing him!" Dongwoon snorted, his partner took another shortcut, which mean he had to let go another ten bucks soon.

After another two minutes of chasing, he saw Lee Yonggil already cuffed by his partner and the bad guy struggled desperately on the detective's grip.

"I don't know why you even think of running, but thanks to you, I got ten bucks now," the detective cheered and turned to Dongwoon. "You brat, now pay."

Dongwoon couldn't help but rolled his eyes again as he tried to catch his breath. "I hate you," he muttered.

Dongwoon took the guy and shoved him in the police car nearby harshly. He turned to his grinning partner to give a piece of his mind, but before he could do any of that, their head unit came to them with an anger face.

"Seriously?" The bald man spat. "You think this is funny, Yoon Doojonn?"

Dongwoon stared at his partner, of course he would get scold even though he's the one who catch the suspect, it happened everytime.

"Boss, now what happen?" Doojon wondered in feigned innocent.

"You let him run," the older man replied coldly.

"Boss, I'm the one who catch him," Doojoon nodded solemly, as if telling the boss some surprising news.

Their boss face grew red in anger. "What do you think I am? A retard?" He spat harshly. "You think I don't know your game? You stopped him right beside the aisle so he could run for his life and you get your stupid ten bucks! You think I don't know that?!"

Dongwoon raised his brows in amusement when Doojoon flumbing on his words. His cocky snarky little attitude washed away when the oldest man among then breathlessly scolding him.

"Easy, boss. We got him in the end, what's the matter?"

"You think this is a game for you? You know what, I don't even know why they want you."

Both Dongwoon and Doojoon snapped at the head DSU words. "What? Who?" They frantically asked.

The older man just sighed tiredly. "Captain Kim wants you in his office, you're going on transfer."

...

A tall lean young man fumbled on few scattered files as his friend calmly looking at him. "I can't believe I finally can get rid of you," the friend, a young detective named Kim Wonshik, teased as he cheekily grinned.

"I can't believe it too," his friend replied coldly, still busy adjusting pile of files in his hands.

"HQ, huh? The Proposer they say? Good catch, Jung Taekwoon," Wonshik said again, tone slightly dropping.

Taekwoon looked at his friend, his partner. He eyed him some more when Wonshik nodding unconsciously with unheard melody. That's a habit, Taekwoon thought, everytime Wonshik was nervous or in deep thought, he would nodding his head as if he's a rapper. "I don't like it too," Taekwoon said as if he read his friend's thought.

Wonshik blinked at him, then shaking his head. "No, you should. You deserve it, and it's for the best. I just, you know, wonder what it would be like without you," he said with a light shrug. However, Taekwoon knew better than that, he knew his friend was worry about his possibly knew partner. Despite of his cheery personality, Wonshik found it hard to work with new people.

You're gonna be fine," he said. "That new girl you've been crushing on doesn't have a partner, you probably end up getting laid anyway."

Wonshik laughed, knowing that his friend was teasing him, despite the indifferent tone. "Don't you feel jealous if I get partner up with her?"

Taekwoon just stared at him with a blank face without saying anything.

Jung Taekwon, also known as Leo, a young detective with few words. On his young age, he already promoted as a detective on Homicide unit due to his exceptional record. He worked on few horrible cases and solved them all in record time. The best detective on their precinct, they said, if not in Korea.

Now, the Headquarter wanted him, as the special unit members to solve the hardest serial murder case in Korea. Wonshik was so proud of him, he's like his own brother that even when Taekwoon leaves him to do other jobs, he still felt so proud that Taekwoon could make it this far.

Wonshik stared some more at his partner, wondering if the guy could work on team. Taekwon never good working in team, either he felt annoyed by his teammates, or the teammates annoyed by him, it's inevitable. Taekwoon cold personality could irk you to no end and Wonshik really worry about that. But, Wonshik knew, if someone bounds to catch the proposer, Taekwoon would be the rightful guy.

>>>

Another filler chapter to introduce all members. Now, we already met the team members, be ready for the real deal, the thrill is coming...