1/1

Flood the night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey everyone! I wrote this in one sit, as it was the best distraction from studying tbh hahaha Anyway hope you like it! And even if the story doesn't have anything to do with it, the song "We flood the night" by FEMM inspired me to write this, so you could check it out if you want (the tone of the music actually really fits, so there's that at least hahaha)

+

As water started to fill the last few centimetres left inside his prison glass, Jinyoung wondered what had he done to find himself in this position.

He searched for his lover hand under the water, and held it close to his heart, just as he always did when he was scared.

That’s when Jaebum finally gave up.

He could not break that thick material their cell was made of, and he could not find a way of escaping it either. He could not even see how someone could throw them into this transparent cell, with no doors anywhere, as the only thing that connected them to the outside world was the shower in the ceiling, which was filling their prison with water.

He turned to face the man he loves, the only one he had loved so many times.

I love you...I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you.

Jaebum felt Jinyoung’s heart calm down as he spoke.

Don’t be. You have always protected me, each and every time. I love you too.

And as he looked into his eyes, those beautiful eyes he loved so much, he wiped the tears forming on them, even if they were already drenched and was futile to try to dry his eyes. He them graced his thumb over the little dot Jaebum had over his eye.

He loved that mole about everything else, as it was one of Jaebum’s most unique features.

In every single one of his past lives, it is that little dot above the boy’s eye what has led him to his lover, in one way or another.

He reminisced those lives, every single one of their adventures together, as he kissed Jaebum’s lips.

The first time they came into the world, or at least the first time Jinyoung had any memories of, they were not even born on the same place.

Jinyoung was very young when he had to become a farmer. His family was really big, and since his father got ill and he was the oldest of all his siblings, he had to take care of the family farm.

He was not happy with it, he had to leave high school, or at least what people on his little village called high school, and all his dreams of leaving that place and becoming an literature teacher in the city.

He accepted it, even if he didn’t like it. He has always cared for his family, and he more than willing to do whatever it took to protect them.

His entire world changed when he met Jaebum.

Even if he could not remember the name the boy had that time, he did remember the way he looked at him for the first time.

They met in the market of that little village, when Jinyoung was selling the many things he grew in his farm with the help of one of his little sisters.

Jaebum stood there, in front of jinyoung’s little made up shop, ignoring whatever his sister was trying to sell him, looking at jinyoung with teary eyes and a big smile.

That look sent shivers down his spine; it still does every time he remembers it, even if he was creeped out by it that time.

Are you going to buy anything, sir? Jinyoung said with obvious discomfort and awkwardness oozing from his words.

Jaebum snapped out of it when Jinyoung spoke, and even though his eyes seemed sad for an instant, the smile soon returned to his face.

S-Sorry, I was just....startled...I mean, I’ve been searching for so long...

Jaebum probably caught the strange looks Jinyoung and his sister were giving him, so he continued talking.

I’ll take a few of those potatoes, thanks.

He quickly gave them the money, and without even waiting for his change, he ran away.

Jinyoung thought he would never see that strange guy never again, and he couldn’t understand why he felt sad about it.

Hours later, when they were returning home, they found the strange man again, standing alone in the middle of the road.

He was ready to just pass by him, but his sister was too curious.

Hello again sir! I’ve never seen you around here, are you a foreigner?

Jaebum, who had his eyes set on him, turned to looked at his sister with a bright smile.

Yes I am. I was looking for a place where I could stay for the night

His sister turned to him, a pleading look on her face.

There no place he can stay in our village...We could take him home, right?

Jinyoung still remembers the sweetness of that little sister he had a long time ago, he remembers her innocence, and it’s that memory of her what makes him so protective of those around him.

He remembers her. He misses her. And he will always be grateful to her, for bringing him and Jaebum together.

I promise I’ll just stay for the night, and I won’t even eat anything...

He found the foreigner’s words endearing, and he could not say no to his sister.

Okay, I’ll find a way to explain mom all of this...

The way Jaebum’s eyes shined in the middle of that dark night was also engraved into Jinyoung’s eternal memory.

Both his sister and the foreigner spent the long way to their farm talking nonstop. He heard as the other male recalled his many adventures as he travelled around the nation, until the curiosity got to him and he decided to speak.

But...Why are you travelling so much?

Jaebum came closer to him, and that was the first time he could see clearly the little dots above his eye. Somehow, it made his heart skip a beat.

I’ve been looking for something...I promised someone, a really long time ago, I wouldn’t stop until I find it.

 His sister quickly joined the conversation again.

But...what is it? What are you looking for?

Jaebum laugh softly, a sound that even in that moment, when he could not remember how much he loved him, made Jinyoung smile widely, as he had heard the most beautiful piece of music ever created.

My one true love, little girl

Jinyoung wanted to question the other guy more, but they had arrived home, and there were many things to do.

Even if it was unexpected, and his family didn’t have much to offer, the foreigner boy was welcome into the house that night with arms wide open. They even found a way to fit him into the small table, and invited him to dinner.

The entire night passed in the blink of an eye, and even if he didn’t say a word, Jinyoung never stopped looking at the other boy as he talked with the rest of the family.

It was decided that the boy would sleep with Jinyoung in his room, as there was no other place he could sleep; as the rest of his younger siblings all shared rooms and they were already too crowded.

Once they were alone in his room, Jinyoung could feel the way the boy looked at him, thought he didn’t say anything.

Do you think I could stay here?...I mean, I could help you with the farm, and I won’t take much space...

The question startled him

Why would you want to stay? Weren’t you looking for your true love?

Jaebum stayed silent for a while, thinking his next answer, until he suddenly looked up again, straight into Jinyoung’s eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter