Slowly Dying

Eunhyuk's Pain [Moments of a Broken Life]

With a pain in his backside and another hole in his heart - one that could simply add to the thousands of others - Eunhyuk is left sitting on the floor, discarded like a tissue.

Chucked away.

Stuffed in a back pocket.

He probably has just five or so minutes before he has to sit up and another client will pass through those doors, just five minutes to prepare for another hour or so. 

No biggie.

Unless it's Donghae who passes through the door. Donghae is the only man who can heal his heart.  Yes, he has an irregular job - he's a drug dealer who supplies all forms of the vile substance to his owner - and he comes most weeks. 

He's the only host that Donghae has ever slept with; or so Eunhyuk hopes. He hopes and he wishes but as a client Donghae is perfectly entitled to choose who he likes; but are the whispered words and soft, feathery touches just a lie, just a game?

It could be to Donghae. In this world that Eunhyuk inhabits, fiction is reality, and reality is fiction.

Everything you believe in is possibly is a lie.

Right on cue, another client walks in. Eunhyuk looks up hopefully - is it Donghae? - but his hopes are dashed when he see's his client. He's a regular guy, and not the softest of them all.

Servicing them is second nature to him now. It should be; Eunhyuk's only been in this business a mere seven years.

As the client leaves, new ones come in, but no-one is Donghae. No-one makes an effort.

After countless clients a client comes in at two in the morning.

It's not like Donghae to come this late - but he could well do it, he's a drug dealer after all - but a whispered word of "Hyukjae" is all it takes for Eunhyuk's heart to beat like crazy and his palms go sweaty. 

As he hears the famililar light footsteps and the whispered words of "Hyukkie" in the doorway, Eunhyuk keeps his head down, not moving from the position on the bed that he's in.

Donghae comes closer, snuggling onto the bed with Eunhyuk and ghosting his lips across his neck, breathing shallowly and quickly. Eunhyuk can't stop; he turns around and kisses Donghae, a deep, long, passionate kiss is all it takes for both hearts to race and lips to bruise.

The two entwine their bodies, and Eunhyuk's heart swells up, holding love for Donghae and hopes for something to happen; a real relationship - something to prove that he's not just a host, and he's not just a client. 

But as Donghae leaves a couple of hours later, whispering sweet words and light touches to his "lover" - or so he calls him - Eunhyuk just feels pain, just feels hurt, for a one-sided love that could never be.

It's forbidden.

He's slowly dying. 

Eunhyuk has an irregular job.

Irregular jobs aren't often good.

Irregular jobs cause pain.