Part 2

Not So Pending Love

 

He collected the used mugs on a tray before diligently wiping the table using a rag. Satisfied with the cleanliness, he crumpled the rag and put it together with the mugs on the tray. He stretched like a lazy cat and a soft yawn escaped his lips. That was the last table he had to clean. He looked around but Jongdae was nowhere to be seen so he assumed the elder was in the storeroom.

 

After washing the mugs and putting them away, he went back to the front and flopped on a couch. He ruffled his sweat damped hair and lazily blowing air to his bangs. Jongdae had taken him for a haircut few days ago. His cheeks tinted with pink shade as he remembered Jongdae praised his new haircut. He smiled. He was shy to admit but he likes it when Jongdae took care of him even to the tiniest things.


Slightly arching his body, he reached a hand to his back and undone the apron knot. He folded the dark brown apron and holding it tight. He closed his eyes and let his mind sail. Since the day Jongdae had helped him wearing the apron on his first day working at the café, it became a routine to them. Everyday Jongdae will silently help him with the apron even he didn’t ask for one.

 

And honestly, wearing apron is not a hard thing.

 

Duh.

 

But he liked the tingling sensation when Jongdae’s fingers fondled just up his . And every single time his face flushed but fortunately Jongdae wouldn’t notice. That’s because Jongdae wasn’t facing him and he would leave right after. But not before he ruffled Baekhyun’s hair. And that little gesture made Baekhyun had to struggle to breath at least for 5 minutes before he follow Jongdae to start their business. Theirs. He couldn’t hide his smile because damn that sounds ing good to him.

 

He opened his eyes quite abruptly when he felt something cold touch his left cheek.

 

“Wha-“

 

Jongdae’s signature kittenish smile greeted him. It was shining brightly that he couldn’t get the words out of his mouth. He was tired. And in dazed state. And certainly wasn’t prepared to face the most beautiful human in the world.

 

“That tired?” The elder asked as he made himself comfortable beside Baekhyun. He nudged the younger’s elbow and slightly tilted his head to his hand. Just then Baekhyun realized what had touched his face earlier. “No. Not really.” He mumbled as he took the plastic cup. A scoff escaped his mouth before he could stop it. He raised the cup to match his eyes level and eyed the man beside him skeptically. Jongdae had the very same drink in his hand and he was enjoying it. When he realized Baekhyun gaze on him, he turned to the latter and widen his eyes as if asking him why.

 

“Really now?” Jongdae shrugged. Baekhyun could at least hit him for his response but he was being playful that it looked so cute that Baekhyun just wanted to kiss the slight pout from his mouth that-- “I’m having a Kungfu Panda marathon tonight but I don’t want to watch it alone so you’re watching with me.” He said popping his tongue out.

 

There. He used his killer smile again. Baekhyun really wanted to rest after working all day long but Jongdae was going to ruin it and he didn’t even bother to ask him and he already decided for him and gosh why did he smile like that? Baekhyun have to see a doctor some other time because the elder smile keeps giving his heart extra work. He groaned as he took a big sip of his iced Americano.

 

Jongdae laughed. He knew he had won.

 

Not like Baekhyun can say no to him anyway.

 

_____________

 

“Hurry up.” He heard Jongdae shouted from his room as he shut his door. He rolled his eyes. Their rooms are facing each other he didn’t have to shout that loud. But then, Jongdae is always loud. He hummed to Ryeowook’s The Little Prince as he changed into his pink pajama. Courtesy of Jongdae.

 

By the time he went downstairs Jongdae (also wearing his pink pajama) already made himself comfortable on the sofa and Kungfu Panda already started. “What? You started without me.” He tried to sound annoyed. Jongdae ignored his protest with a giggle and patted the spot beside him. He snugged a bag of potato chips from the mountain of more junk foods on the coffee table before occupying the spot beside Jongdae.

 

Their laughter filled the room every time Pao did stupid things and they go on like that for hours.

 

Eventually, Baekhyun still fall asleep. Coffee never had the effect on him that well anyway.

 

____________

 

Jongdae turned off the television as he realized Baekhyun was fast asleep. He was thinking to just continue watching but the cute snoring the younger emitted was a huge distraction. He turned to his left, where Baekhyun was seated and dropped his head to the sofa head. He stared to the cute face and there his heart goes again. The younger looked breathtaking even when he sleeps.

 

He stiffed when the younger moved and his head landed on his chest. He just hoped Baekhyun wouldn’t wake up to the erratic sound of his heartbeat. Instead, Baekhyun snuggled closer to him. He softly sighed to the warmth before his cute snoring continued.

 

Jongdae was torn between waking the younger up and ask him to sleep on the bedroom because his back will suffer tomorrow or just leave him there.

 

In the end, he carefully lifted Baekhyun’s feet off the floor and positioned the younger to lie next to him. His right hand act as Baekhyun’s pillow and the other one, he wrapped it on the younger’s waist. His heart was still making erratic beats and having Baekhyun this close was definitely not helping. But then it he thought as this kind of opportunity doesn’t always come. It will actually. If only he man up and confessed to Baekhyun that he liked him.

 

Yup. He said it. He liked Byun Baekhyun. Very much.

 

He left a soft kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead before mumbling a goodnight and fall asleep right after.

 

______________

 

It was Monday and they were back to work. Monday had always been the busiest day of the week after having a nice weekend.

 

Jongdae thought it was great to start their business with some music so Exo’s Unfair was blasting from the stereo. Customers were yet to come, having the duo singing along the song shamelessly and definitely didn’t give a mind about their disastrous tone.

 

At times like this is one of time that they both secretly love. As there are no tension between them. They can freely do stupid things together without worrying of making stupid of themselves (cuz basically they’re both so stupid so anything stupid looks fine to them).

 

Their wonderful singing was cut fortunately to half by an intruder. Well, a regular intruder. Cute one too.

 

“Taeoh-ah~” Jongdae cooed with his expensive smile stuck to his lips. But turned to a pout when the little boy ran to Baekhyun instead. “Oof.” Taeoh’s face met with Baekhyun’s thigh gaining a giggle from the man. He turned back to face the little boy. “Aigoo~ you left your father again don’t you?” Baekhyun cupped the little boy’s chubby cheeks, shaking his hands and Taeoh giggled loudly.

 

“Hey what’s going on here?” He placed his hands on his waist, pretending to sulk. But of course Baekhyun just popped his tongue at the elder. “Hand.” He put out his right hand and Taeoh grabbed two of his fingers since his little fingers couldn’t wrap all of them. Baekhyun guided Taeoh to the cake display since the little boy keeps on babbling about chocolate muffin since his entrance.

 

Jongdae smiled to the adorable scenery. Baekhyun had always been good with children. When some customer’s child threw tantrum he could handle them with no problem. Jongdae was good to but not that good. A kid cried because she was afraid of Jongdae’s chiseled cheekbones. When he told the story to Baekhyun, “She doesn’t know what she had been missing.” He commented with determined tone and Jongdae had a good laugh thanks to that.

 

Jongdae frowned when the father finally entered the café. How can a 5 years old ditch his father, a very very veeeeeryyyyyyyyy fit fitness trainer?

 

“How come every time you came here, it’s always your son who got here first?” Jongdae asked, his brows connected. Jongin stared at him, obviously offended. “I had a rough night, okay?” the younger spitted. “Every single night?” Jongdae gave that skeptical look which Jongin mirrored with a smirk that made Jongdae uneasy.

 

“Kyungsoo is an amazing husband.”

 

“I don ‘t need to know that .”

 

“What? I just said that he’s an amazing husband.”

 

Jongdae scoffed. “We both know what did you meant .”

 

Jongin boisterous laughter filled the café. Jongdae swore he was going to knock the younger to lifeless if only he didn’t hear Baekhyun’s melodious laughter from the other side of the café. Jongdae ignored Jongin’s heavy arms rested on his shoulder for support only to eye the man he saved few months ago, eyes drooped as he laugh and his curvy lips made him resembles a puppy. Jongdae’s eyes filled with fond as Baekhyun ruffled Taeoh’s fluffy hair.

 

Jongin gradually stopped laughing when he realized that Jongdae wasn’t responding to him. He was surprised that Jongdae didn’t tackle him to the floor or at least twist his hand. Jongdae did once when they were in university for teasing the older about his tall crush (who believed that he was the greatest artist. No. He wasn’t. At all.) which caused him to unable to use his right hand for almost a week. Thankfully Kyungsoo was there to help him with everything.

 

He followed the direction of Jongdae’s eyes only to snicker at the sight. Sure enough the older was openly staring Baekhyun who looked very domestic playing with his son. Jongdae was doing it a lot these few weeks. He noticed it every time he came to the café. Honestly, anyone could notice the way Jongdae stared the younger guy. He was being too obvious. Surprisingly, Jongdae never uttered a word to him about liking Baekhyun considering it was Jongdae we’re talking about. Jongdae is the type of guy that would pester everyone in his friend cycle, rambling about his crushes.

 

Jongdae had always been the obvious type.

 

____________

 

“You do realize that you’re being obvious right?”

 

“Not you too.” He grumbled under his breath.

 

“You do, Jongdae. You always do.” Yixing said as he tore yet another sachet of sugar before pouring them into his cup of tea. Jongdae grimaced to the amount of sugar. Also to what Yixing just stated. Jongin said the same thing this morning. A reminder is the last thing he needed at the moment.

 

“But I did nothing. You guys are being paranoid.” The younger tried to defend himself.

 

“Then how do you explain those admiring look every time you look at him?”.

 

“Did not!” .

“Yeah. And you ravish him with your eyes too.” Yixing smirked when the younger’s face went slightly red.

 

“I’m never meeting you again.”

 

“Why don’t you just tell him that you like him?” Jongdae looked like he wanted to say something so Yixing stuffed him with his own red bean bun. He really wanted to eat that bun but for that moment, it had better purpose. “You guys live together.” He continued. “Chances are everywhere.” Yixing made gestures in the air with the teaspoon he was holding.

 

Jongdae dropped his gaze to his untouched latte. He slowly munched the bun. ”What if he don’t even like me? ” His voice filled with anxiety. What if Baekhyun thinks that he was taking advantage on him? What if things get awkward between them? He likes Baekhyun. He really did. But he was afraid that he might destroy their friendship. Was Baekhyun even his friend? They never said anything about being friends. It was just Jongdae took Baekhyun home, gave him a place to live and feed him. Baekhyun got a place to call home, he got a company and that’s it.

 

Until recently he realized that Baekhyun just not a company at home and at work. Baekhyun had become part of him. Waking up in the morning, padding to the kitchen only to find Baekhyun preparing breakfast for both of them while humming along to the radio. Walking to the café, hips almost connected but neither of the seemed to care. There were times they were loud, talking about random things but most of the time they were quiet, silently enjoying each other presence.

 

Yixing sighed as he stirred his tea. He hated the times Jongdae was too confident and too determined because the younger would pester him annoyingly cute and he often couldn’t say no to the younger. But this time, he would like the younger’s confidence to make a comeback.

 

He saw how Baekhyun had been staring Jongdae every time he thought no one was looking. He noticed the blush on Baekhyun’s cheeks whenever Jongdae made contact with him. And he saw Baekhyun get annoyed when female customers tried to flirt with Jongdae.

 

He glanced to the counter where Baekhyun was supposed to be cleaning. Instead, he caught Baekhyun was once again openly staring Jongdae. He did not blame the younger. The café was almost empty and a face like Jongdae was a big distraction. The younger choose that moment to divert his gaze to Yixing and man was he ashamed. He got flustered and scrambled to the kitchen. Yixing smirked as he picked up his cup of tea.

 

“He do. Trust me."

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So i decided that there will be another part which is the last part soooo how do you think of this part? Wow. I'm so lame.