Epilogue : A Sincere Smile

The End

Knock knock.

 

The door opened, then Wonshik and Jaehwan walked in, with the assumption of Taekwoon had finished bonding with what's left of their late friend.

 

“He even goes to sleep holding the jug..” Wonshik whispered bitterly to Jaehwan. Jaehwan nodded with a small smile on his face. They stared at their recovering friend sleeping for a while, not wanting to disturb his finally peaceful sleep. They stopped staring as soon as they realized Taekwoon was too still to be asleep.

 

“NURSE! DOCTOR!”

 

 

 


 

 

 

Wonshik immediately went to the bed where Taekwoon laid to check his pulse as Jaehwan ran out of the room to get the doctor or at least a nurse. Wonshik quickly checked the pulse on Taekwoon's wrist, and checked the one on his neck as he found none. He stared at the latter's face as he still didn't find any pulse. Jaehwan came back into the room as he informed Sanghyuk and Hongbin hastily.

 

“Hyung.” Wonshik softly called Jaehwan. Jaehwan turned to Wonshik anxiously, and Wonshik shook his head. Jaehwan felt his eyes sting, tears gathering and ready to pour.

 

“But look,” Wonshik, again stared at Taekwoon's face, attracting the other to do the same. Jaehwan then stepped closer to the bed as he stared intently at the face of their now lifeless friend. Jaehwan couldn't help the small bitter smile that tugged on his lips. Clear drops of tear rolled down his cheeks unknowingly.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Wonshik told the doctor and the nurse to not disturb them for the time being, and that they knew Taekwoon could no longer be helped. They understood and let them be.

 

Sanghyuk and Hongbin arrived not even 20 minutes after, and rushed into Taekwoon's room. The back of Jaehwan and Wonshik was all that they could see. Jaehwan was leaning onto Wonshik's shoulder as he sobbed softly. Both were staring at the late patient on the bed. Sanghyuk and Hongbin quickly rounded the bed, anxious and sad that they lost one more friend, yet curious as to why Taekwoon was not yet covered or brought to the mortuary. Both broke down as soon as they saw what was on Taekwoon's face that made Wonshik and Jaehwan to stare longingly at him.

 

A sincere smile on his blue lips.

 

The first sincere smile he gave in the last 3 years.

 

The last smile that illuminated his pale, flawless face.

 

The very last smile that reached his eyes.

 

The smile that no one will be able to see ever again.

 

 


 

Surprise, surprise!

A short epilogue for my lovely subscribers and readers! *le kisses* lol

Sorry it's really short, I just wanted to share how I imagined what went in the hospital after he took the pills ><

Last but not least,

Read, Comment, and Subscribe! XD

UNTIL NEXT TIME, STARLIGHTS!