let's kiss (before the world ends)

To Be Loved
Notes: [1] rushed... updates will be slower since im busy with school :(

[2] not happy with how this turned out. will go back to rewrite stuffs after i re-read it i guess :(

[3] for every angsty chapter is a light-hearted chapter and this one is pretty much it so i hope i wont bore you to death (cries in indonesian)
 



They step out of the bathroom with the back of Jungyeon's shirt bunched around the waist, hair unkempt, and Nayeon's ponytail looking like a victim of El Nino. Lips conspicuously swollen. Breathing unsteady. Creases ripping through their shirt, glaring enough even for the morning eyes.

They definitely won't buy a "morning chat" excuse, even on bargain.

The rest of the members, lounging about in the living room, eye them like they're the second coming of Cain and Abel. Chaeyoung speaks up first among the judging eyes, "So, uh, did you two... uh..."

"?" Momo helpfully supplies.

"Make love," Sana tries to correct.

"We," Nayeon has to stop to collect some oxygen so she won't embarrassingly pass out before explaining her reason and let her fellow members' idiotic deductive reasoning go wild, "... did not!"

Momo points an accusing finger. "in' liar!"

"We just chatted, god!"

"About the weather, hope, and dreams." Jungyeon adds, a lot calmer than the frantic her.

Momo is an , though. "Dare to show us some cleav, then? Bet Jungyeon mapped the islands of Polynesia all over you!"

Jihyo barks out an unladylike laugh while Dahyun and Momo do the ritualish bro-hi-five with the slapping. Sana is explaining the joke to Mina with un-obscene analogies and Jungyeon stomps towards Momo to manhandle the blonde. Everything is a mess and nobody is slaving over the stove even though everyone's starving. Tzuyu coughs a little bit too loudly to salvage their morning. "I'll sub for Jungyeon."

It fell on deaf ears sans Nayeon and Jihyo, the sanest of their band of dimwits. "Nah, Jungyeon is cooking."

"Aight... japchae it is. Not accepting any "no"s." Sighing in a sound reminiscent of a tire deflating, Jungyeon gives up on manhandling both Dahyun and Momo in a double headlock. She watches Jungyeon walking backwards to the kitchen while exchanging middle fingers with Dahyun.

Jihyo nudges her with an elbow. "You go help her as the sub-cook."

"You... sure?"

It's kinda clear from the way Jungyeon's eyes linger a bit before she disappers behind the kitchen's walls. A chance to talk about their... problems... relationship... or a lack of one... or /whatever/ sounds nice, because they haven't really had the chance to talk it out without turning it into a screaming contest or a sudden kink play.

The memory of their Locked Bathroom Incident effortlessly colors her cheeks red.

"Spare me a decent amount of patience and go," Jihyo's smile is knowing and Mother Teresa-ish.

Mina's eyes are wide as platters. Only quadrupled. "Nayeon is cooking."

Chaeyoung rises to her feet. "Well, duh, guess who's going to excuse herself so she could pack her belongings into her suitcase?"

While Dahyun and Momo busy themselves by double-teaming a banshee-screaming Chaeyoung, Nayeon sashays away to the kitchen leaving Sana the next in-charge to calm the Satan spawns down since Jihyo has gracefully surrenderred herself into the morning news programs. Sana might be unreliable at times ("Leave it to me!" She salutes, spins around, then stubs her toe on their coffee table all in a span of one second), but she's scarier than T-Rex's growl on helium when her buttons are pushed.

"Jungyeonnie," the nick comes out a little bit slurred. 

Jungyeon lets the knife stop mid-air, taking her eyes off the onions. "Wait with the others."

"Jihyo sent me."

"You heard her wrong. She sent you to a combustible magic trick parlour, not the kitchen."

She gives Jungyeon a mocking tongue. "Fricking hell, I'm not Momo! I don't cause house fire."

"Just wash the vegetables for me. I'm making a," she squits at the cookbook flipped open nearby, corner of the page wet with stains, "japchae."

"Well, you can't go wrong with japchae."

"As long as you stay away in five meters radius from the stove, yeah."

"!"

Soon, what's supposed to be a cooking duet between the friends-foes "2yeon" - a portmanteau by fans, she isn't even sure whether she should read it as "two-yeon" or "yeon-yeon" -  turns into a tickling war, that turns into some hair-tugging duel, and swerves into a water-splashing death match as soon as Jungyeon turns the sink on. Flicking off soap suds and sink water onto Jungyeon is fun and all, but now that Jungyeon's shirt has gotten wet and it's suddenly teasingly transparent and her mind takes off to the nether region...

"Like what you see?" Jungyeon taunts, tainting her hand with more sink water. The knife perched far from the two to avoid unnecessary bloodshed.

Nayeon rolls her eyes and is about to retort until she realizes how her shirt is /way/ worse and she's been flaunting her red brassiere to Jungyeon since forever.

...at least her cheeks are redder now.

"Okaaaay, I don't know how we're going to explain this to the others. Now I'm cold."

"Let's warm up."

"With the stove?" She tries, even though she knows what Jungyeon actually means.

Sure enough, Jungyeon rolls her eyes. Heh. She was baiting her anyway. "Body heat, airhead. Let's cuddle."

Jungyeon wraps herself around her and somehow they're side-stepping together until her waist hit the counter, and suddenly she's pinned against something for the umpteenth time the morning, with Jungyeon burying her nose on the crook of her neck. Jungyeon's breathe grazing against overly sensitive spot, stimulating her overactive imagination further. Nayeon as a kid didn't color outside the lines, but all it takes is Jungyeon pressing their bodies together for the lines to blur; for her to step out of conformity. And she couldn't care less about breakfast and japchae even though she could use even a spoonful of long-expired oatmeal - not when there are butterflies winging in her stomach and it heats her whole body. Not when Jungyeon is peppering kisses all over her jawline, moving up to her cheek, drags to the tip of her nose.

Jungyeon pulls back just a little and places her forehead against hers. "I more than like you, Nayeon. Really."

"I... know."

And Jungyeon kisses her like it's the first time in eons, like they haven't been spending their morning exchanging spits behind the door. her lower lip like she's ling a ing elixir. Hands going south to her hip, fingers on a tour around her thighs. Nayeon settles on Jungyeon's ridiculous bowl cut, fingers disappearing into the bushes of reddish brown. Tugging at a fistful of hair, she feels Jungyeon kissing her wilder than even before, hands gripping hard on her backside. Nayeon doesn't mind the sudden grab one bit.

And when Jungyeon hops her lips away and begins to on the skin covering her collarbone, Nayeon knows she's just a hair-breadth away from losing it.

"F-," she manages out between juggling her uneven breath and making sure she doesn't scream their unholy deed away, "t, take me, Jungyeon. Right here. Right now."

"How do you want me to?" Jungyeon asks, pulling away slightly. Breathe grazing the hilt of her neck, flicking fire in her down south.

"I don't care. Just –“ Deciding she doesn't know how to properly word it, she pulls on Jungyeon's hair harder this time, taking her even lower, to her fully-clothed s. "You can even rip it open. I don't care. It's a cheap shirt anyway."

"Barbaric, but if that's what floats your boat..."

Jungyeon's wandering hands take off from her thighs and moves itself a bit upward, to the hem of Nayeon's shirt, but she doesn't pull the partially-wet piece of fabric up, much to Nayeon's disappointment. She glares at Jungyeon who toys with the hem instead, instilling damp patches with her hands.

"Do you really want me to beg, seriously?"

But Jungyeon's laugh is sheepish - she didn't expect that. At all. "Well! You know. Umm, maybe you're game with this kinda stuff but newsflash, our fellow members are in the next room."

"You can't just leave me hangi—"

Jihyo's shout pulls them back to earth. "Girls? I can't hear any cooking done and you might want to start before I parade hell on you both!"

Two ers. One in the form of their leader and the other the Madame Yoo herself, the awkward gal who wants do it in place more vanilla even though she just choked her to Nirvana and back an hour ago.

Cool. Understandable.

Jungyeon pulls back, trying to look unhinged but her cheeks tell no lie. "Okay. Us. Cooking. Now."

Nayeon couldn't decide which one is worse: her damp shirt making her torso uncomfortable or the metaphorical forest fire making her womanhood horribly uncomfortable. Probably the latter.
 



Now that they’re done with the japchae brunch and the dirty dishes are successfully piled up in the sink like a wrecked Himalaya, Jihyo gathers them in the living room, sitting in semi-circle as she fiddles with a handy-cam they use either for TWICE TV gung-ho recordings (Nayeon, Jihyo) or pranking purposes (Dahyun).

“Are we filming for TWICE TV2?” Sana says, coming back from the kitchen after rinsing her hands off and sits on the farthest right, competing their semi-circle of nine.

“Yup. We’re going to film the Obligatory Theme Park Episode next week, but let’s add in some dorm life.”

Chaeyoung sighs as she dominoes towards Tzuyu, head against Tzuyu’s shoulder. “I don’t really want them to know that we’re a bunch of teenagers who chuck Legos at each other.”

Mina corrects her, “Rookies going “dorky” is on the rise, according to netizens. People like their idols childish and dumb.”

Well, most of their members are childish and dumb in actuality, so those Internet mongers are on the right track. “Okay guys,” Jihyo starts, “we’re going to play a simple game to let our fans have a glimpse of what we do in our dorm. How about it?”

Sana claps her hands like an excited seagull. “’Never Have I Ever!’”

Tzuyu is quick to question the idea, still with Chaeyoung snug on her shoulder. “That might be too risky. We might accidentally spill things rookies shouldn’t spill.”

Dahyun blanches. “Like that one time Sana accidentally pinched someone’s , thinking she was Mina, but actually—“

Before the story’s out (which she herself has no friggin’s idea), Sana’s quick to slap a hand on Dahyun’s running mouth. “Ahhhhh yes, actually, that might be a very bad idea! I take it back!” Dahyun’s squirming, but Sana’s grip is super tight. “Umm, Snakes and Ladders, anyone? Or Monopoly. Smarty-pants idols are on the rise too!”

Sana looks too squirmy to function accordingly, but before Nayeon could suggest a safe game that might last ten minutes if they’re dragging it out, Jungyeon slips past her. “Truth or dare?”

“Truth or dare!” Dahyun echoes, evil glinting in her eyes. Bad idea.

Nayeon feels the need to speak up because really, since it’s them, things will get weird fast. “No, no, let’s keep it short and safe—“

Momo thunderously echoes along with Dahyun, drumming bare palms on the floor. “Truth or dare! Truth or dare! Truth or dare!”

“Alright, truth or dare it is.” Jihyo nails the coffin shut too quickly. “But no weird dares! Else it’ll be edited out. No swearing either, we need to play the cute girlfriends to those sad lonely uncles watching our vids.”

They break into conversations among themselves as she and Jihyo sets the camera on the coffee table they’ve pulled a fair distance away from them, facing their open semi-circle. This way, everyone is in frame enough for their audience to see.

“Are you sure?” Nayeon whispers rather harshly to Jihyo.

“It’s OK, we’ll just edit the weird parts out. Dorkiness sells, right?”

True. Plus, it’s Jihyo. She knows how to control situation even though she hasn’t even came of age. That gorilla-faced CEO should consider Jihyo to be the next in line. Hell, if she’s not dead set on becoming a singer, girl could rule South Korea into prosperity, perhaps with the help of Prime Minister Seo Joohyun.

The two of them strut back into their seats as the timer counts down to zero. In Jihyo’s count to three, they rehash their introduction slogan for the millionth time.

“Right now we’re about to play…” Jihyo hangs the suspense high, while the rest of them chorus random drumming noises with the beats differing each person, “…truth or dare!”

“Who gets to kick it off?” Jungyeon asks.

“Let’s give it to our leader. She knows how to make the game sane.” Nayeon answers, thumbing to Jihyo’s general direction. “Start out slow, Jihyo!”

Momo barks in her monotone, sleep-inducing voice. “Bring it on! Throw anything at me! Anything! Kink me up! ‘m brave enough to withstand life trials!”

“Alright, Momo, truth or dare?”

“Truth.”

What the hell, she’s all bark and no bite! Chaeyoung shoots out her leg at Momo who sits two people away from her. “Some bravery.”

“Starting out slow, girl, starting out slow.”

“Okaaaay,” Jihyo starts, “if you have to marry one of us, who would it be?”

“Jungyeon!” She answers in a heartbeat. Well. It’s not like she’s expecting anyone else. Momo does a high-five with Jungyeon as they explode into a chortle. “We’ll be a cool family. Not the one that watches over their kid during soccer practices and bring over lunches even though they’re a sixth-grader, no.”

“I’m the dad, but I’m also the one working on the sandwiches.” Jungyeon laps it up over the cooing of the others (except Nayeon). She knows how to feed those “JungMo” shippers.

, she feels like pinching the life out of somebody now.

Which happens to be Jihyo, as she yelps for her dear life. In return, Jihyo whispers harshly only for her to hear. “What’s your problem, mate?!

“Lots. Do you think Twice will be fine as eight?”

“Momo is our main dancer, and we’re going to lose 1/4th of our fanbase, lover girl.”

“I was thinking about that damn hoe Jungyeon.”

Momo’s declaration puts an end to their grimy discussion. “But of course, you all are wife materials too. I mean, okay, Dahyun’s the kind who forgets to pick her kid up and only remembers like, five days later,”

Dahyun protests with a guilty look on her face. Wait, what?

“And Chaeng would probably still be in denial that she’s in love with someone enough to marry the hell out of them,”

“Spot on! Love scares me!”

“But Sana would make a good wife and I would marry her too! So does Mina and Jihyo. Jihyo especially, I think?” Momo has her gaze on her, and Nayeon tries her best not to look pissed. “I think spending your lifetime with Nayeon will grant you a K-drama-ish life too. So study hard and get rich enough to court Nayeon!”

Everyone laughs along at the camera with some “go! go!” chants coming from the younger members. Nayeon is too busy plotting ways to ruin Jungyeon’s life to make sure her laugh doesn’t look too fake.

Wait, Momo didn’t mention Tzuyu at all. Which is weird, because she’s pretty sure that part about marrying the others is scripted for TWICE TV2 purpose.

And Tzuyu looks visibly displeasured, shuffling in her seat as her eyes dart down and her jaw tightens.

Something’s fishy.

“Okay, ne way, my turn, people,” She cracks her knuckles rather comically. “Sana, truth or dare?”

Sana looks eager and excited, a total contrast to her fuming self. “Dare!”

“Kiss someone in the room! Your pick.”

The dared girl pauses. “Just one?”

What a thirsty ! But she’s probably not self-aware enough to know that she’s such a thirsty !

Sana steers her eyes to all of them, mulling on her pick like they’re a herd of sheep. She settles with a daydreaming Mina who looks like she’s re-imagining a movie adaptation of Hitler’s regime in her head, with the amount of she gives to their game. Sana scoots closer and Mina finally bursts her dreamy bubble, backing away.

“Keep it PG, guys!” Jihyo reminds them.

But Sana is the very definition of “Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets”. She tangles her hand on Mina’s red locks and pulls the bewildered girl into a kiss. On the lips.

That lasts more than five seconds…

Things are getting hotter as Mina’s hand loops around Sana’s neck and they even pull apart for a bit only to kiss some more, like they’re re-enacting a scene out of their fans’ dirty fantasies. Hell, it feels like she’s watching a fan fiction coming to life. She shifts in her seat, not because it turns her on or anything. Nah.

“We’re editing this out!” Jihyo informs them.

After both pulled away – without an evidence of rosy cheeks or whatsoever! Like that steamy kiss that steams the rest of them alive never happened! – the game goes on.

“Hmmmm…” Sana rubs her cheeks, trying to look thoughtful. “Dahyun!”

Dahyun looks thrilled, as she leans forward just a little bit. There’s pure malice glinting in her eyes. This girl is bad news. Sana shouldn’t peg her so early in the game. She might need to prolong her already expired life insurance.

“Dare! Frickin’ dare!”

“I dare you to wash the dishes after we’re done filming this.”

Dahyun’s face falls and everyone laughs-howls at that. “You killjoy. Fine.” Her head whips around to Mina, devilish smirk tainting her cute, tofu-like face. “Mina! Truth or dare?”

“Dare…”

Everyone claps at Mina’s bravery. Surprising, because it’s Mina – girl stays out of the spotlight most of the time and is voted the quietest member of the nine. Or… maybe it’s just that she’s holding a very risky, dark, dark secret that she intends to hold till the day her meager mortal life ends.

“I dare you to do a for someone – your pick.” Everyone makes a gasping sound that differs in intensity – Jungyeon gasps and whistles lowly, Nayeon gasps loudly enough to wake the entire population of sloth and make them jog, Tzuyu does it behind her hand that curtains , and Chaeyoung’s is silent as her eyes go smaller and her jaw goes slack.

Jihyo sighs. “We’re editing this out, too.”

Chaeyoung points out the obvious, “At this rate the only thing that’s safe to post is our intro.” But no one’s paying attention, especially when Jungyeon and Momo are busy catcalling as Mina walks over to… Nayeon.

“Nayeon, I apologize in advance.”

“No, uh, it’s okay. At least I don’t have to sneak into a club and pay bucks for a show.”

And to be very honest, 10-year-old Nayeon would be freaked out should she know that her future self will have a girl doing a for her.

But Mina, being Mina, ends up wiggling her drunkenly, stiffening at the ier moves, and dances more like a grandma on her deathbed. No matter how much she tries, Mina just couldn’t spring her lady even though Mina’s grinding her pelvis against her thighs.

“Are you feeling hot?” Mina asks, deadpan enough to scare corpses off.

“Very.” Nayeon tugs on her collar, soaked with layers of perspiration. Cold sweats. Who wouldn’t when they have a dying elder performing a on them?

“Excited?”

“Excited for this to end, yeah…”

But hey, this awkward as hell session is there to exploit. Jungyeon needs a payback for making her feel like a scorned woman (she actually is). So she seizes the moment by placing her hands on Mina’s hips and voices out moans to looks like she’s enjoying it. “Oooohh, god! Grind it baby, grind them the way Pretty Ricky does his hookers!”

She squints her eyes shut, too, else she would be stealing glances at the short-haired girl.

But the whistling only gets louder, so the plan is a failure from the get-go.

After a grueling five minutes of Mina trying out weird dance moves on her and the deafening whistles, catcalls, clapping beats, and the background music of JYP’s “Who’s Your Mama?” (Chaeyoung?!), Mina finally lets her breathe fresh oxygen.

“Ummm, Jungyeon?” Mina asks for the short-haired girl’s attention. “Truth or dare?”

“Dare.”

Mina opens , but Jihyo is quick to remind her that weird Japanese kinks aren’t allowed since she’s the only one in the room who lurks 4chan daily. Mina looks a little blue, but she still carries on. “I dare you… to… dance waltz with Momo.”

“Why me?” Momo protests loudly.

“You haven’t done a dare,” Mina simply shrugs. Does this know about the Nayeon x Jungyeon x Momo secret scandalous love triangle or not, Nayeon isn’t sure, but she’s smart. She probably has caught on.

“Let’s just get this over with.” Jungyeon rises to her feet, pulling Momo along with her.

But both are illiterate es. There’s no way in hell they know how to pull something as sophisticated as waltz. Momo follows her line of thought. “Anyone here can teach us how to waltz so we won’t step on each other’s feet?”

Tzuyu volunteers, voice a little higher than usual. “I can, a little. I can teach.”

The fishiness continues, though, because Momo quickly drops the idea with a “Or maybe me and Jungyeon should just wing it,” and Nayeon’s heart goes to Tzuyu.

Jihyo probably notices too, judging from the quirked eyebrows.

Nayeon watches the two going at it in what they assume is a waltz that looks more like they’re playing that game where you have to step onto your partner’s foot to win the round. Lots of yelp ensues as Jungyeon messes all the chasses, Momo pulling her legs and consequently kneeing Jungyeon in the abdomen, Dahyun googling waltz tutorials so they will stop hurting each other, and Mina patting Tzuyu in the head as if the younger girl is some kind of wounded animal pulled straight from a Disney movie.

Well, she could only pray for Momo to knee Jungyeon in the worst place possible…

“Try to follow the video so no one will wind up in the hospital!” Sana hoists Dahyun’s arm higher for the makeshift dancers to see.

“We need to do a turn first so we can pull this… impetus… thing.” Momo begins to move, eyes on Dahyun’s phone screen. Jungyeon yelps as the blonde effortlessly steps onto her right foot.

In the end, she can only watches as Jungyeon and Momo laugh over their epic fail back lock, Momo stumbling on Jungyeon’s standing foot even though she’s supposed to cross it, but before the blonde could hit the floor, Jungyeon’s reflex saves her and the kids clap at the grand romantic gesture because, really, a dance isn’t complete with something so fairytale-ish. Nayeon isn’t sure how her laugh could sound so artificial and practiced when she’s among their members instead of some utterly scripted variety. Her heart clenches and unclenches at the not-so-startling realization that Jungyeon doesn’t L*** her as much, and what their “relationship” needs is not a solid grounding but an actual relationship.

But Jungyeon roughly feels the same way. If she were to believe the whole Bathroom Confession, that is. She hasn’t grilled Jungyeon more on this, but she wants to at least believe so. The whole I need you too bits. Where’s the lie?

Jungyeon won’t lie to her. Never. Never. Not her Jungyeon.

So she concludes that the thing they have – fossilized with the bright red hickies under her shirt – is something between them only, like a secret they should be ashamed of. Korea isn’t all that jazz about homouality and the idol industry, although laden with people who swing south, is unforgiving for the people who won’t conform to the public moral, but at least when they’re just Jungyeon and Nayeon without the “Twice’s” labels, Jungyeon would still kiss her like it’ll be their last.

She doesn’t mind being Jungyeon’s secret. She’s used to being the number two.

If that means she can have Jungyeon even for a while – then she’ll live.
 



Their midnight rondevu has another activity added to the cart now.

Lying on her back on top of their coffee table, Nayeon squints her eyes shut as Jungyeon’s caresses pick up in speed and another finger joins Jungyeon’s lithe index inside her. Nayeon writhes, shivers, squirms, hands clawing harder on Jungyeon’s as the taller girl has her face on the slope of her neck. Jungyeon will wake up nasty scratches and they will have no friggin’ idea how to cover it up around the dorm, but she couldn’t work her brain when Jungyeon’s twisting her inside with the third finger added into the mix.

“Nayeon,” Jungyeon’s grunts – god, she will never get tired of it, “god, Nayeon,”

Jungyeon calls her name like she’s her religion. Nayeon muffles her moan by biting onto Jungyeon’s neck, extra careful to leave a gaping red mark.

Maybe this will be their new routine. Humping on each other quietly as possible as their fellow members doze till their loud alarm wakes them up. Sleep is an easy sacrifice compared to the drug that is Yoo Jungyeon. Sure, she’ll wake up sore tomorrow, but –

If that means she can have Jungyeon, even for a little while, even if she’s just Jungyeon’s dirty little secret – she’ll live. She’ll live.

(Nayeon lies to herself for the millionth time, and this is just the beginning.)
 



Notes: [4] as always, please tell me uyour thoughts! comments and concrits are greatly appreciated 8') also sorry it gets too rated at the end :(

[5] im looking for twice spazzers to follow so if you want to, chat me up on twitter @honkersinthesea! thanks for reading! :DD