7/7

Love Is Not Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Violence & cursing ahead!

--- --- ---




 

Jungkook wakes up to Yoongi’s nose pressed against the back of his neck, and his arms around his waist. It's hard to remember that he was taller than his significant other with the way he seemed to act at times: caring and protective. He lets out a giggle, a half a sleep one, and opts in putting his hand over the other’s and groaned, not wanting to get up. It was surprising he was even awake before him.

 

“I have to go to work” Yoongi mumbled against his neck, his voice deeper than usual with the sleepiness. “But I can totally call in sick and snuggle more, because I'm the owner and I can do whatever I want.”

 

“Misa would kick you , though.”

 

Jungkook never met the girl, but judging from the stories Yoongi told him all night, it seemed he would.

 

“I know” Yoongi groaned and shifted so that his face was in Jungkook shoulder. “But I don't want to go.”

 

“Let's go”

 

Then, he was up, and Yoongi lets out a bigger groan, and rolled off the bed and onto the floor with a THUMP, letting a whine when he does. Jungkook laughed, “how are you the big spoon when we spoon?”

 

“Because I am.”

 

“Right” he laughed, “it's 8 am, not that early in the morning anyways.”

 

“You have to wake up at 6 at the academy to open up” Yoongi says, getting off the floor, “so aren't you happy to be sleeping in.”

 

Jungkook smiled at the older’s annoyed expression, planting a kiss on his cheek before he left to clean up. The angry creases in his forehead seemed to lessen, so he mentally notes that as a win.

 

The two eat breakfast - toast and coffee and get dressed before heading to the restaurant. Yoongi dresses in sneakers, ripped jeans, a white tee, a leather jacket, and a few piercings that aligned his ears. His black hair was shaved fresh on the sides from the other day he got it cut, and Jungkook keeps him from pulling on a beanie. Jungkook dressed in black jeans, a dark green buttoned up flannel, and tan hiking boots.

 

“You look nice” Yoongi says and Jungkook blushed.

 

“Thanks”

 

“Why?”

 

“Huh?”

 

The older raised an eyebrow, “Jungkook, you look too nice to be going to a family restaurant. You act like you're going to see my grandma.”

 

“I see your grandma once a week in my pajamas” he scoffed.

 

Yoongi blinked. “Huh?”

 

“What.”

 

“My grandma didn't go to my funeral - she knows I'm not dead…” Yoongi squinted, “I told her. And she told me she never met you.”

 

“Uh” Jungkook’s eyes widened, “now's a good time to tell me you're joking because I am so afraid.”

 

“Are you talking about dad’s mom? Or my mom’s mom?”

 

“Right. You have two grandmas.”

Yoongi laughed, “well you are meeting my other grandma today. She said she wanted to meet you.”

 

“Then… Can I go change? Something nicer--”

 

“Let's go”

 

-- --

 

They'd worked out the details the night before - the fact that they wouldn't be able to live together considering they were both running businesses. So, every other month Jungkook would go to Japan and the other months, Yoongi would visit Korea. However, with all the misunderstandings in Korea, they knew they couldn't just wait for the next month. Soon, Yoongi would go back with Jungkook to Korea and straighten out the details. It was set. That was their plan.

 

“Namjoon’s gonna kill me” Yoongi groaned.

 

“I don't know” Jungkook smiled, “he seemed fine this morning when I texted him.”

 

“Let's talk to them tonight - tell them our plan”

 

“You don't feel guilty, right? They'll forgive you when we all talk about it.”

 

“I know”

 

Soon, they arrived at the restaurant. With it being a weekday there was no surprised the place wasn't packed like it was yesterday. There were a few people dressed in business uniforms leaving, leaving the restaurant vacant. Mark and Jackson were cleaning tables when they arrived, Misa was at the cash register counting money, while another waitress sat across from a boy who seemed no older than 21 years old.

 

“OOOH! SUGA-SAAN!” Jackson noticed them first, first going to wrap his arms around the older, then taking notice of Jungkook, who waved awkwardly.

 

“You must be manager’s friend” Mark cut in kindly, “I’m Mark - sorry we met weirdly yesterday.”

 

“I'm Jungkook” he smiled, “nice to meet you, Mark, and you must be Jackson.”

 

He could feel Misa’s eyes on him, but Jackson catches his attention by squeezing his hands extra tight.

 

“You and him must be so close! Do you have any embarrassing pictures or stories you can share--”

 

“Jackson” Misa and Yoongi chorused, and the waiter backs away sheepishly.

 

Yoongi ran a hand through his hair tiredly, turning to Misa, “this is Misa, Misa this is Jungkook. With the pictures you recognize each other.” He guided Jungkook to the other waitress and the boy, gesturing to the boy first and then the waitress. “Jungkook, this is Haru, the photographer I told you about, and this is Jihyun, one of our Korean staff.”

 

“Hi there, Jungkook” Jihyun smiled, “it's nice to meet you.”

 

“Speak Japanese” Haru complained, “come sit with me, so that Suga-kun can help work.”

 

Jungkook does as told, sitting with the two in the booth as Yoongi backed away to help clean up.

 

“How old are you, if you don't mind me asking” Haru asks.

 

“27 years old” Jungkook replied, “I'm four years younger than Yoongi, and we met in high school.”

 

Jihyun whistled, “wow. Haru and I are the same age - 25. It’s odd, really, the in Korea isn't so weird but it is in Japan.”

 

“You know Yoongi and I are together?” Jungkook flushed, “we barely even met and I feel like you know everything”

 

Jihyung laughed, “you can drop honorifics, really, you kind of are joining our little family here. It's obvious, too. Suga-san never really brings people here unless it's for a waiter position.”

 

“They're really close, the workers” Haru nods, “I met Jackson first.”

 

Jungkook continues to talk to the two younger ones, about college and high school, how it is different from in Japan. Jihyun moved here for college, and apparently fell in love with the culture and the city. She visits Korea once in awhile to see her family, but doesn't stay too long since she also has other part time jobs and is on her way to being a teacher. Haru has always liked taking pictures, and likes using Yoongi as a model, with scenery in the background. He'd met Jackson by chance after turning his head at the right moment and seeing a great angle, begging the waiter to pose in photos for him.

 

Their conversation goes on, until there's a gasp at the door, and Yoongi comes towards Jungkook with his grandmother.

 

His grandmother, being Kim Misun, the old woman who had spoken to him on the plane and had given him advice.

 

She lets out a hearty laugh when she sees him, taking his hands a squeezing them with delight and Jungkook lets out a shocked laugh.

 

“You didn't tell me your grandmother also owned a family restaurant” Jungkook says to a shocked Yoongi.

 

“Uh…”

 

“My my, I had a feeling this would happen! What a handsome boy you are - I am so happy that it was you my grandson was talking about. I told you it would work out, didn't I?!” Grandmother smiled and the younger nodded.

 

“We met on the flight here” Jungkook smiled sheepishly, “she gave me advice about you and the whole situation.”

 

“Then you guys are best friends” Yoongi huffed sarcastically, “you guys don't need me.”

 

“Oh be quiet, you, and let Jungkook here tell me about himself.” The old woman scolded.

Yoongi backs away with an annoyed pout on his face, and Jungkook gives another little kiss on his cheek as he does, but the old woman doesn't notice. He sits in another little booth, across from her, drinking iced tea. They both tell stories of Yoongi and Jungkook recalls the older first showing him about photography and different angles. Grandmother recalls the times Yoongi would hide his mom’s and dad’s keys in the morning because they didn't let him watch TV. Misa hears this and whacks him over the head for that.

 

It was 12 pm, soon enough, and the restaurant no longer had business people in on their lunch breaks, but the younger crowd coming in on their breaks. Workers from the shopping plazas nearby came to grab quick bites, and soon enough there were only a few customers here and there.

 

“Ah” Jihyun muttered as she passed by, her eyes set at the door, “a group coming in...maybe five people?”

 

Jungkook continues to talk to the old woman even then, she was interesting and soon their conversation was no longer about just Yoongi. However, he snaps out of it when he realizes the voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter