Stage 5

Started With A Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon just poured coffee in her mug and was about to drink when she heard the doorbell ring. Hm? She placed the mug on the kitchen bar and walked her way to the foyer to open the door a little and peeked, expecting a person standing directly to her but found no one. Confused, she pushed the door open and glanced to the right and was surprised when someone was leaning on the wall cross-armed.

 

"Y-yo"

 

It took a while for her to comprehend the situation but responded nonetheless, "Yo..?"

 

Yuri rubbed her nape and chuckled awkwardly as she stood properly in front of the obviously lost woman, "Good morning, Taeyeon-s-shii", and bowed.

 

"Uh.. good morning, Yuri-sh—wait no. Didn't I request to drop the formalities a day ago?"

 

"Uh yea, sorry", Yuri awkwardly chuckled—again.

 

"..So uhm, come in?"

 

"Oh, right. Sorry.. and thanks", Yuri removed her shoes and followed Taeyeon to wherever.

 

"I was having coffee, do you want some?"

 

"Oh, uhm. Sure, thanks"

 

"Mn. Let's go to the breakfast nook, the mood is always perfect there for coffee"

 

Yuri followed and sat by the stool next to the open window. She could hear the faint sound of a piano and smiled since she knew where it was coming from and listened till Taeyeon placed a mug in front of her and sat.

 

"So? What brings the black swan here?", Taeyeon asked before sipping her coffee.

 

"It's too embarrassing to be called like that please stop", Yuri said while awkwardly chuckling. She sipped some of the coffee and continued when a smile was the response she got, "The thing is.. uhm. Tiffany was curious if I would perform or something in tomorrow's auditions but I don't know about that myself so uhm, I came to ask if you know? or something", she chuckled shyly and continued drinking.

 

"Ho~, I thought you came to visit my sister"

 

"Eh? Uh no no I didn't", said Yuri while flailing her arms, coffee forgotten.

 

Then why not just ask Hyoyeon? Taeyeon inwardly chuckled and decided to just get in the flow of what's bound to happen. "Hmm.. I thought everyone was informed about this. It makes no sense if you weren't told, since you are a representative of part of the Performing Arts"

 

Taeyeon drank some more and excused herself. She picked up her phone from her room and sat back beside Yuri as she searched her contacts for a member she thought first while Yuri waited as she enjoyed the coffee and of course, the faint music going on in the background.

 

"Did you attend the meeting last week?"

 

Though startled by the sudden question, she composed herself as to not be an embarrassment. "Uhm, when was this?", although she wasn't sure if she wasn't embarrassing enough already.

 

"Wednesday, around six. Or I think a quarter past five?", Taeyeon answered while still browsing her contacts, "Sorry, I'm not sure since I was already there by four.. where is her name?", she absentmindedly muttered.

 

Yuri didn't mind and checked back her schedule, thinking if she did made it to the so called meeting and just got mixed by the other meetings she had before. "Oh"

 

"Hm?", Taeyeon's finger stopped from swiping and she looked over Yuri, "Why?"

 

"I... didn't go", Yuri whispered.

 

"..Huh?"

 

"Wednesday. Around five to six you say?", she asked again and Taeyeon nodded. "I was uhm..I was at the faculty..in front of Mrs. Park's desk"

 

"Wha-.. what were you doing?", Taeyeon's brows were already creased.

 

"Uhm.. I was getting a mouthful from her. Since uhm, I've been in the studio for an hour without a consent whatsoever", Yuri was now facing down the table, clutching the empty mug.

 

Wow. Is she really the famous black swan? Taeyeon was still staring at Yuri without moving an inch, completely surprised of the revelation that the black swan everyone was idolizing is surprisingly not punctual and doesn't follow rules all the time. Completely not the kind of person she visioned. Huh. Don't judge a book by it's title I guess, she unknowingly snorted—not really meant to be rude. Her laugh just didn't come out completely, but yea, at least she was smiling.

 

"I'm sorry", Yuri apologized out of the blue, "I'm not really good with following that one rule the school made. I just really don't get why you have to have an approval just to be in a studio, and even have a time limit", Yuri was shy since in front of her was the well-known vocals of the team and complaining to her doesn't really sound right but she just couldn't contain her displeasure to the one rule and unknowingly pouted, "..and I forgot there was a meeting..."

 

She's just like my sister, Taeyeon thought, her smile never leaving her face. She was too amused. She picked up Yuri's mug—making the woman look at her—and asked, "I've texted a member of mine and asked her to talk to your division if you have a part in tomorrow's event. Though if you'd have one, can you manage to prepare?"

 

"Uh.. yes, of course"

 

Taeyeon smiled and started walking to the counter. "So, another cup?"

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

"Uggggh why can't I still get it right??"

 

Yoona was frustrated. She was playing the same part for about five times already but for some reason, she kept missing the tempo.

The song was actually one of her favorites, but even since she started playing the piano, her fingers couldn't perfect the part she liked the most.

 

"Should I just do something else?", she sighed and crossed her arms in front of the keyboard.

 

"Problem?"

 

"Mn. I still can't do it, even after the years. I thought I can now—", Yoona almost screamed if not for her fast hand that covered midway.

 

Wow, fast reflex. Yuri silently chuckled.

 

"Y-Yuri unni! Wah jinjja. I thought you were Tae unni~"

 

"Sorry", Yuri said after she snickered.

 

"Geez.. Though, what are you doing here?"

 

"I just asked something about tomorrow's event to your sister"

 

"Oh right. Everyone's expecting the magnificent performance you'd do unni"

 

"So it's really set from the start huh?"

 

"Uhm, that's what I heard from Hyoyeon unni after the meeting last week"

 

"Wait. Hyoyeon?"

 

"..Uhm, yea. She's the one who finalized your division's performance unni", Yoona paused, "Didn't you know?"

 

"Hyo—..a—..", Yuri blinked, "Aish that choding!", she muttered and s her phone out, aggressively unlocked, swiped, and pressed.

 

Yoona wasn't sure of what was happening so she was thorn whether to feel bad for her Hyoyeon unni or to the unni who excused herself, making her guess that she was calling the former.

 

"You"

 

"..."

 

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME ONCE, IT'S BEEN 4 DAYS ALREADY AND WE'RE ALWAYS TOGETHER. HECK WE'RE TOGETHER IN THE SAME HOUSE YESTERDAY AND YOU DIDN'T SAY A WORD"

 

"..."

 

Yuri severely sighed and pinched her nose bridge, obviously disturbed of something. Yoona just remained unmoved and silent, though her fingers were unconsciously tapping on her thighs as if her skin was the black and white keys while she stared at Yuri's back as her tan hand rested on her waist.

 

"What do you suppose I could do with this short time left?"

 

I wonder what's wrong. Yoona thought and frowned when her fingers pressed wrong again.

 

"WHAT?!", Yoona's fingers stopped and she jumped a little, surprised by the sudden volume. "Is that even allowed to be performed? It's auditions Hyo, not a musical. Do you think that's appropriate? ... I'm afraid I'd get called to the office after that"

 

"..."

 

Yuri shook her head and sighed, not trusting whatever her friend's planning. But if that would be allowed then it's easier for her to just practice right away, no need for heinous brainstorming. Yoona shook her head at the same time and frowned, not happy with what her fingers can't do.

 

"Arasso arasso. I'll try to ask later but please help me ... okay thanks. You owe me lunch for a week if it gets approved choding I swear. Bye", Yuri placed her phone back to her pocket and sighed.

 

"Yuri unni?"

 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter