Those who used to be good.

Sketching Pixie Dusts

"You should have tell your father to increase your pocket money because how is that amount enough for you to hang out with us?" another message received, and it seemed like the sender still have more to say.

 

"Maybe somebody didn't care about us at all, if you really want to spend more time with us, at better places, you will make it happen." Scrolling down the text bubbles with her fingers trembling in anger, Sohee was fighting back the urges to respond.

 

"At the end of the day, seems like money is still the issue among people. We shouldn't even mention about it." With that final message, the group conversation came to an end. Sohee took a deep breath, and closed the application right after. It does not matter anymore, whether if she explains, or not.

 

She quickly wiped off her tear stains messily, and tossed her phone into the pile of unfolded laundry piling at the corner of her bedroom. Guessed that all they ever care about is money and gifts, nothing is valid when it gets compare with money, not even the friendship that lasted for 3 years!! She combed her fingers through her long wavy hair, then grabbed onto the roots and tugged on them in extreme frustration. She thought that such stupid drama will never happen to her again as she was already in the second year of university, the last fight was during her high school period and looking back now, it was a painfully embarrassing one.

 

The next morning, Sohee woke up with a really foul mood. It was just one of the day when she felt extremely unmotivated and annoyed at the smallest thing in life. She could not even pick up her make up brushes when putting on make up was one her favourite thing to do. Grunting out groggily, she made herself to quickly draw on her brows before dragging her heavy footsteps towards school.

Sohee took a deep breathe and exhaled it slowly before opening the studio door. What had happened was personal, do not leash it out on anyone else! As much as she was not feeling too bright, she knew that she have to sort out her emotion properly because it would not be fair for her friend who has nothing to do with her own bad experience.

 

"Heeeeey!" Taehyung waved his arms around gleefully when he noticed his best friend entering the room.

 

"Argh Taehyung, guess what," Sohe groaned and began dragging her feet dramatically towards her seat, which is just beside Taehyung's.

 

"What happened?" Namjoon raised his eyebrows while pulling his chair closer. 

 

"I just broke up with my high school friends, all 3 of them." Sohee dropped her bagpack sloppily on the floor and settled down in between the boys.

 

"No way... Why, what happened?" Taehyung's widen his eyes in surprised.

 

"I wanted them to understand my situation so I told them that I am busy, and don't have any extra cents to have fancy lunch with them. They got offended, and started giving me s about how my parents should have give me more money and how I don't care about them enough to spend time on them. What kind of was going on in their head, for comparing my schedule with theirs?" Sohee clenched her fist in anger, while trying her best to keep her volume down. "Just stating the facts, their school isn't the best and the students there . I have never heard them talking about spending sleepless nights working on any of their school work. For the past 1 year, all they have been talking about is party and boys in our group chat!"

 

"Wait, what do you mean by your parents should give you rmore money?" Namjoon asked.

 

"I told them that I am too broke to afford all the buffet and themepark adventures because all my money goes into material purchasing. All the fabrics, cutting and measuring tools, none of those are cheap. Then one of the girl just jumped out and say that because my parents didn't give me enough money and that's why I couldn't go out with them."

 

"Are they ing serious! What kind of course are they taking? They are all in the same course?" After saying that, Taehyung proceeded to mouth what the  in an exaggerating way.

 

"Urgh I am so mad right now! All 3 of them took a journalism course in Public University together, I am the only one taking fashion designing here in this school." The frown on Sohee's forehead just got deeper.

 

"Heard that a lot of the students there didn't really focus on getting their work done. They around, going to club all the time, taking up sides and create tons of drama blah blah blah. for those who wanted to study but ended up in that place, because my cousin used to be in that school and those losers always plagiarised his school work and blamed everything on him!" Taehyung rolled his eyes when he remembered the story his cousin has told him in tears. 

 

"What the ? Shady morons!!" Namjoon hates people like that the most, because he was once in a group project with a 3 person clique, and they were all free loaders. 

 

"It's just..." Sohee let out a heavy sigh. "They used to be such great friends, understanding and was always so fun to be around with. We used to hang out at each other's houses and going for lots of picnic at beautiful places. But looking at them now, after enrolling into that school, all of them became worse and been pickng up bad habits like smoking and clubbing often. They don't just go to dance and drinks, they would tell me that they went to kiss some good looking stranger and proceed to party in the next club together." 

 

"It's okay..." Taehyung offered Sohee some mints. "You seemed quite trouble these days, and whenever you were talking about your friends, it was always complaint more than anything else. Give yourself some time and I am very sure that your heart is going to feel a lot lighter."

 

"Yeah I agree. You have to move on from those who turned toxic for the sake of yourself." Namjoon nodded.

 

"Thanks guys... I have been dying to get this out of my chest since yesterday." Sohee exhaled deeply, that conversation had cleared up the cloudiness in her head and making her feeling so much better.

 

"Is Amber late again? 1 more minute till the grace period is over!" said Taehyung.

 

"Here!" right after he said that, Amber pushed open the door and cheerfully to walk over to the group. "I am early today okay! Went to take a dump before any of you was even here." said Amber as she sits down in front of the trio.

 

"Alright students, we are gonna start the lecture right now and wait for those late comers no more. Close your laptop and focus over here, I don't want to see anyone giving me ugly stiches anymore!" Namjoon quickly move back to his seat, which was just beside Amber, as Mr. Alexander started his lecture.