1/1

Spark, Crackle, Bloom

 

 

Yoongi didn’t want to be there.

It was freezing cold, he could barely even feel the tips of his fingers and toes. His beanie, scarf and mask did little to hide his face against the chill, and he wanted to find the nearest form of transportation and just go home.

Yoongi hated the cold.

“Hyung, hurry!” Taehyung called back to him. “We’re going to miss it if you go any slower!”

Yoongi grumbled under his breath, mocking Taehyung’s chipper voice. He didn’t speed up or slow down his pace. If they miss the fireworks then so be it.

“Your age is really starting to show, Hyung,” Jungkook added. There was a playful smirk on his face as he walked backwards, arm still linked with Taehyung’s.

Yoongi glared at him. He would neither confirm nor deny walking a little bit faster. “Whatever, just turn around before you trip and fall… or something!”

Jungkook laughed and turned back around. He whispered something to Taehyung, causing the latter to giggle and glance back at Yoongi. It made the pale male furrow his brows and pout. Sure, he was a few years older than them, but he wasn’t that old.

“Look! It’s starting!”

Taehyung yanked his arm from Jungkook’s grasp and sprinted across the field. The air was immediately filled with his wild laughter, and Jungkook couldn’t help letting out a shout of his own before bolting after the brunette.

Yoongi watched them run ahead of him and sighed.

Maybe he was getting old.

When he reached them the two were stuck to each other once again, gazing up at the sky with childlike wonder and awe.

Yoongi contemplated just hanging back and observing from afar. Jungkook and Taehyung were too submerged in the crowd that had also gathered to watch the fireworks, and Yoongi didn’t really do well around people.

But then Taehyung’s bright smile was pushing through the crowd, coming right towards him.

Yoongi didn’t put up much of a fight when the boy took his hand and led him back to Jungkook. He let Taehyung wrap himself around his right side, and didn’t even bat an eyelash when Jungkook curled himself around his left.

Some people surrounding them started to stare.

A few even frowned in disgust.

Yoongi flicked them all off.

“Thank you for coming with us,” Taehyung whispered in his ear, soft lips barely brushing against Yoongi’s pink skin.

“Yeah,” Jungkook added. “We know how much you hate large crowds, so it means a lot to us that you would come.”

Yoongi shrugged. “It’s no big deal. With you two surrounding me like this… it almost feels like we’re back at home.”

Jungkook laughed at that and kissed Yoongi’s cheek, but Taehyung sighed and placed his head on Yoongi’s shoulder.

“Except for the part where everyone is glaring at us.”

Yoongi looked around at the little audience they had acquired over the last few minutes. You would think these people would pay attention to the fireworks instead of a small, pale man and his cuddly boyfriends, but people were dumb so Yoongi didn’t really question it.

“Don’t think about it,” he whispered to Taehyung. “We’ll probably never see these close minded imbeciles ever again.”

Jungkook snorted. “What Yoongi hyung means to say is, ignore them and enjoy the fireworks.”

Taehyung stared at his boyfriends and smiled. It was almost as bright as the multicolored fireworks bursting in the sky.

“Thanks you guys…”

Then his gaze softened.

“... I love you, the both of of you, so much.”

Jungkook leaned past Yoongi and kissed Taehyung’s lips.

Yoongi gave him a quick peck as well. He usually wasn’t one for PDA, but a spiteful part of him wanted to make the people around them squirm.

At least a few of them had finally turned their heads away.

“We love you too, baby,” Jungkook said. “Yoongi hyung doesn’t say it enough, but i’m sure he thinks it all the time.”

Yoongi rolled his eyes and ignored his boyfriends’ teasing laughs. The rumbling of their chests warmed him to his very core. The scarf that once felt like it wouldn’t be enough for the cold, was now too much for his sticky skin.

“Let’s make a wish during the grand finale!” Taehyung declared, already back to his exuberant self. “It’s coming up soon, so think quickly!”

Yoongi was surprised to find himself actually listening to Taehyung’s instructions. He thought about the past year, and everything the three of them had been through together.

Their relationship was a lot like a firework.

Jungkook was the spark.

Taehyung and Yoongi had known each other for three years, before meeting Jungkook. They were the typical ‘bestfriends’ to everyone who knew them. People marveled over their dynamic, seeing as how Taehyung was social and chipper, while Yoongi was often a grumpy recluse. For three years they kept telling themselves, and each other, that they were only bestfriends.

Then Jungkook came along, and suddenly, they understood.

Not only were they in love with each other, they were in love with him too.

Taehyung was the crackle.

He was the heat beneath Yoongi’s fingertips. He was the fast paced kisses against Jungkook’s swollen lips. He was the giggles that he left against their stomachs when they were all drunk with sleepiness. He was the one that got them up and out of the house most of the time He made the two, who were anti social at heart, actually get out and see the world.  

Without Taehyung, Yoongi and Jungkook would still feel that slightly empty space in their hearts.

Now... it was overflowing.

Yoongi was the bloom.

He was a flower reaching towards the sun, after spending most of its life in a cold cave. He never expected to open up his heart to someone, much less two people, and that fact nearly sent him reeling back in shock. The two impossibly warm bodies standing next to him, holding him, were everything to him.

He didn’t care about much.

But he cared about them.

“The finale!” Taehyung yelped. He looked adorably harried. “Quick! Make a wish!”

Jungkook’s grip on Yoongi tightened, and Taehyung’s feet shuffled closer.

Yoongi closed his eyes.

He let the warmth of his boyfriends wash over him as the rapid sound of fireworks hit his ear drums.

A wish?

For him, that was easy.

 

I wish to spend the rest of my life with these two.

 

 


 

 

Thank you for reading! Please tell me what you think in the comments. Should I write more Taegikook??? ;D

Happy New Year!!!! <3