Call It Love At First Sight

When 1 + 1 Makes 4
ilbEvkG.png
Call It Love At First Sight

Yoongi wasn’t the kind of person to brag about talents and stuff. He was the calm and overly cool guy, blessed with the talent to write and produce songs even being just a High schooler. Among his schoolmates he was known as the musical genius, yet the range of friends he cared about was rather limited. Even though he easily got along with others and was praised for his easy-going nature, his interest in others never was strong enough to become close friends with anyone. His passion for music was too strong to invest a lot of time into friendships and similar. That was how serious Yoongi was about what he was doing. The only person knowing that behind that deep anchored seriousness was more than met the eye was his best friend Hoseok, knowing the other side of the perfect prince of music. Hoseok knew that Yoongi detested loud, noisy people. The more he was wondering why Yoongi was tolerating him around him. Since Yoongi hated people who couldn’t keep being serious and instead were a raucous disturbance, interfering with his work, Hoseok had doubted that the friendship would last for too long. Yet, they stayed friends starting middle school and whereas Hoseok often tended to be an embarrassing appendage to Yoongi while acting out weirdly in the seek of attention, Yoongi never openly complained about his friend.

 

Unfortunately when both of the boys entered High School, their friendship had to face another hardship Hoseok had hoped wouldn’t occur too quickly. Of course it must have happened at their very first day and even though Yoongi didn’t say a single word, Hoseok could tell when his friend sat down next to him during lunch break and had that special expression on his face, Hoseok had never witnessed before on his best friend. He had seen it before in his beloved dramas and he had been waiting for it to happen a long time ago but the moment it actually occured it hit him like a fist into his guts.

 

 

It was early in the morning, the first class hadn’t even started when Yoongi decided to already enter the classroom and look for a place in the back rows where the teachers wouldn’t disturb him too much whenever he felt like writing some new songs and think about lyrics and possible raps. He was already thinking and planning about sitting next to one of the windowa and opened the door when he had to face the fact that he hadn’t been the only one thinking about entering the classroom early. One of the female students was already occupying the room. She was standing in the middle of the room between some of the desks, her back was directed towards Yoongi who remained at the entrance and watched the girl with a surprised expression. A pair of big headphones was covering her ears while she was dancing randomly to the music she must have been listening to. In between she was rapping some words without any flow to the music, it made Yoongi laugh about it but he found it incredibly cute at the same time. Yoongi even had to admit that the girl was pretty good at dancing. He didn’t know which music she was dancing to but from what he was seeing, he could tell that the girl had a great sense of rhythm and beat.

 

The moment the girl turned around during her freestyle performance, she faced Yoongi and immediately stopped dancing. The boy couldn’t help and silently chuckled, the shocked expression on her face even increasing the amusement factor. “Oh snap! I-I’m…“, she stuttered and quickly pulled off the headphones. The music being played was silently humming in the background, catching Yoongi’s attention in an instant. It was some remix he had never heard before and so he slowly stepped in front of the girl and gently took the headphones off of her, placing them on his very own ears to listen to her music. “What’s this?“, he asked and blinked at her while nodding his head to it. He liked it. He honestly really liked it even though he thought that nowadays there was more trash produced in South Korea than actual good music. She had talent. She was blessed.

 

“Do you think so?“, the girl asked in surprise about his praise. “You’re not kidding me right now, are you?“, she even wanted to make sure and gave him a skeptical glance. “I mean… I can understand if you don’t like it. I mixed it myself, so it’s not bad if you tell me that it’s not good.“ As she informed him about her work, she bit her lower lip and even looked at the ground in embarrassment. Was she blushing? Yoongi again had to chuckle in amusement and felt his heart suddenly jumping irregularly. His body was playing it’s own music, trying to tell him something. Yes, that was the moment he fell for that girl whose name he didn’t even know. It was a person who was into music enough to forget about everything around her, even dancing freely to express her enjoyment. A person who had sense of rhythm and beat and on top of that was producing her own music. This was literally the dream girl he had been looking for his entire life.

 

“My name is Yoongi, nice to meet you. Seems like we’re classmates starting today.“ He couldn’t hide the enthusiasm he felt when he thought about how lucky he must have been to meet someone like her right at the beginning of his High School life. “Nice to meet you, I’m Halla.“, the girl introduced herself and smiled at him. Yoongi felt lucky. Lucky and delighted. If he had just known that love never was that easy. 

 

Yoongi got to know that love could be heartbreaking as well the moment lunch break was starting. Once class was over and Yoongi wanted to invite Halla to join him and his friends during lunch break, someone else was more quickly. It was another guy who shortly after class stopped opened the door of the classroom and entered. He was immediately heading for her desk.

 

“Hurry up, I’m hungry!“, he spoke in a strong Busan dialect and moved impatiently up and down in front of her. Halla laughed about his weird acting and quickly got up. Yoongi couldn’t stand him from the outset. “Stop it, Jimin…don’t embarrass me right now! It’s our first day here and you’re already acting like a little child in front of everyone!“, she scolded him. “Stop complaining and hurry! I’m starving!“ The unabashed guy called Jimin was grabbing her hand and dragged her along, Yoongi’s jar immediately dropped and he felt a painful stitch in his chest. Did that guy just grabbed her hand?! Did he-?! Was she-?! WHAT?!

 

 

“You look like somebody died.“, Hoseok commented on Yoongi sitting in front of his lunch without touching it for already ten minutes. Yoongi looked disgruntled, depressed and shocked at the same time. He still couldn’t deal with the fact that his instant crush seemed to be in a relationship. It didn’t fit in his stuff at all. On top of that it must have been a guy like that Jimin. Yoongi had never seen him before but just the way he was appearing, he was speaking, the way how noisy and blatantly he behaved… Yoongi didn’t like him at all. “Nobody died.“, the blonde guy replied and stabbed his spoon into his rice to shovel some of it into his mouth in a grumpy manner. He resembled some angry little kid who ate out of frustration. 

 

Hoseok wanted to ask what the reason for his sudden mood drop was. In the morning Yoongi had been like always. Calm. Not happy, but neither depressed nor pissed. It was uncommon for Yoongi to act like that. The last time Hoseok witnessed Yoongi being angered like now had been when some of their classmates had criticized Yoongi’s latest musical work. But even that differed from Yoongi’s current mood. However, Hoseok’s chance to ask was gone the moment somebody must have passed him by and Yoongi’s eyes immediately widened and followed that certain someone. Hoseok turned around to face who exactly it was. A girl accompanied by one of Hoseok’s new classmates, Jimin. So that was the reason Yoongi looked overly depressed. It was because the girl he probably must have fallen for was already taken. It would have been a lie if Hoseok had claimed he wasn’t relieved about it. As long as Yoongi’s crush was taken, nobody would take his best friend away. No one would ever dare to do it. In secrecy Hoseok started praying. Praying that the day Yoongi would give up on that girl was coming soon.

 

After lunch time was over and the students had to head back to their classrooms, Hoseok decided to confirm his assumptions. He didn’t know if Jimin and that girl Yoongi had obviously found interest in were really dating, so he had to make sure they did. It was not only for Yoongi’s sake. It was more likely to ease Hoseok’s own mind. Once everyone had sat down and prepared themselves for the next lesson, Yoongi stopped in front of Jimin’s desk, the boy was tipping his chair back to talk to one of the guys sitting behind him. 

 

“Hey, you’re Jimin, right?“, Hoseok asked and squatted halfway in front of Jimin’s desk, placing his elbows on the table’s surface to prop up his head with his palms. “Yeah.“, Jimin answered and raised one eyebrow as the boy had suddenly talked to him. “What’s the matter?“, he asked directly. As he was some kind of extremely direct person, Hoseok couldn’t find any sense in hiding his real intention of talking to Jimin. “That girl you were with earlier in the cafeteria… was she your girlfriend?“, Hoseok revealed what he had wanted to know. Jimin immediately moved his chair forwards again, his whole body tipping over so that when he braked at the table, his face was just a few millimeters away from Hoseok’s. “No, she’s not.“

 

 

 “WHAT?! YOU’RE NOT DATING?!“ The girls’ scandalized shouts were ringing through the whole classroom like some kind of loud carillon. It was bright and so female, Yoongi could have made a symphony out of it. Especially now that his hopes had revived the moment he heard Halla confirm it again. “I told you, we’re not. We’re just best friends. Like forever, so we’re very close. That’s it.“ She looked so unimpressed, so indifferent. How could a person’s apathy make him want to scream and sing in delight? “I swear I could have bet you two were dating!“, one of the girls said but then giggled. “Well… better for us, because we can date him then!“ Halla eventually laughed and shook her head. “Believe me, you don’t want to date someone like Jimin. He seems tough but he’s such a baby.“ The girls started swooning, their talk nevertheless found its end as the homeroom teacher entered the room and started the next class.

 

Yoongi waited until the last class was over to approach Halla again. She was packing her stuff when he took the chance to talk to her as long as her pet boy Jimin wasn’t around. “Hey Halla…!“, he talked to her, forcing his voice to sound as confident as possible. It came out rather loud and strained. “Hm?“ The girl looked up from her stuff, facing Yoongi with a confused face. She was waiting for him to go on talking when he was silently standing in front of her, not having thought about how to exactly come to the reason. “I… uhm… you… I mean… you like mixing music, right? How about mixing together? I know it sounds weird to invite you to my home… but I’ve got a self-constructed studio at my place, so if you don’t mind…“ Halla’s confused expression brightened the moment she heard his offer and as he interrupted himself with another break, she released the poor boy. “Sure, let’s talk about it tomorrow again, okay? I need to get home punctual today but it sounds great! Seeya tomorrow, Yoongi!“ She gave him a smile which left him in an awe and walked out of the classroom. It was foolish. Completely foolish. But Yoongi was so happy, he wanted the whole world to know. And guess who had to suffer the most from it. Right, Yoongi’s best friend Hoseok.

 

He didn’t even need to ask when he saw Yoongi coming towards the entrance way, an unusual bright smile covering his face. He must have asked his crush himself if she was dating Jimin or not and she had probably answered the same way Jimin did to Hoseok. The disappointed friend heaved a sigh and accompanied his better part on his way home. What Hoseok needed was a plan. A working one. And an accomplice. He hoped for Jimin to be just like him: A bit too possessive over his best friend. If he was, Hoseok would be able to impede their relationship. If not… well he better did not think of it for now. Top priority was to win Jimin over - if someone was able to help him, then it was that loud, uncouth classmate which everyone got along pretty well with. That sounded like a good plan.

 


Author's Note:

Hey everyone! I finally made it and updated...xD Took me a while with this one and I'm sorry for it... I'm so bad at writing fluffy stuff but I really wanted to give it a shot! So I hope you will like it! Don't forget me to let me know at any time how you like this story, the characters and the dynamics between them! Next chap will introduce Jungkook, so stay tuned! :D