Chapter 2

Yang Myung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Upon her request, Geumpyeong entered the chambers when the midwives had left and the room had been cleared of any evidence that there had been a birth. The only ones left in the room was Lady Yun and Court Lady Choi. In her arms, Queen Inhyeon held the princess close to her heart and rocked her to sleep. "Geumpyeong," she greeted meeting her trusted guard.

"Junjeonmama," he said bowing with respect.

"I need you to do something of grave importance for me," she beseeched. "You must rid of all the midwives who were in attendance during the birthing process."

"Yes, mama." Court Lady Choi then proceeded to hand him a list of names and instructions on the matter. Geumpyeong accepted it and bowed and left.

"Mama!" Lady Yun cried in horror to think that her daughter's hands would be blood stained of innocent lives.

"It must be done, omani," she said grimly. "Court Lady Choi," Queen Inhyeon ordered for court lady.

"Yes, mama?" Court Lady answered in return.

"Who was the maid that held the princess?"

"That would be Min Dan Bi, mama," she explained.

"Bring her to me."

A little while later, Court Lady entered the queen's chambers with Dan Bi following behind. The young gangly girl shivered in the presence of the queen wondering if

perhaps her fate would be decided by her mistress. As the ladies paid their respects to their queen, Queen Inhyeon to the palace maid. "I've decided to spare your life on the matter of the princess," she stated.

"T-the matter, mama?" Dan Bi choked out.

"Yes. Court Lady Choi tells me that you are shrewd and self-composed under pressure. I have a job that requires the upmost secrecy that you will have to put

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter