chapter 1.

Who are you?
 
    once again I’m staring out the window daydreaming as my teacher goes on and on about Economics and how messed up the government is and blah blah blah. Its Friday and that means i only have 2 more weeks to work out my choreography for my audition for the upcoming dance nationals. in my head i got over and over steps and moves and twists and turns but I’m missing something, i just can’t quite get the right…umphh it needs.
 
“Mei can you read page 163 paragraph 4 for me please…….mei?….MEI?!” i move my gaze from the window to my now very irritated teacher.
 
“um…..what?” the class snickers and looks away from me
 
“ why aren’t you paying attention? this is a very important lecture that WILL be on your next test. i suggest you take your book and review the next 10 pages in the hall for the rest of the period”
 
MR. mccoy angrily points to the door and huffs. Damn it…i alway get in trouble. don’t get me wrong I’m a excellent student i pass all my test and class its just that i like…no…i can’t help but to zone out when i have a competition coming up. its almost like, its not under my control. i grab my bag and my things and move to the desk out in the hall. when i open the door the guards bow to me and move aside so i can pass. 
 
“ wow look at her, she has no shame. bringing her personal servants to school to show off”
 
“ what a snob” “i bet she doesn’t even wipe her own ”
 
“spoiled ”
 
 
   these insults and snickers are nothing new to me. i hear it almost everyday. they wouldn’t understand nor will i even begin to explain it to them, rotten es. i close the door and settle into the desk
“ agasshii gwenchenaseyo?” (miss is everything alright?)
“ ne…” (ya)
 
                                              30 MINUTES LATER BBBBRRRRIIINNNGGGGGG
    “thats the 3rd time this week isn’t it mei hehe your such a airhead before competitions”
my befriend Alicia says to me as we walk to our 3rd period, study hall.
 
“ugh i can’t help it!” i whine as we walk into study hall.
 
“its like my brain won’t let me think of anything else”
 
“ the dance is almost done, we have been practicing it for months now, what more is there to freak about?” Alicia rolls her eyes as we settle by the window
 
“ somethings missing….like our umphh isn’t there. i have no idea what we are leaving out. but we have to win this nationals, its the Julliard scholarship giveaway for 1sr place!” i facepalm my purse ughhhhhhhh this is giving me a headache
 
“ we will figure it out after school. we will work on it all weekend. want me to text he crew and let them know?” Alicia ask as she is already texting them. impatient much geez.
 
“ no…ill figure it out this weekend and we will meet up after school all next week” i grumble and pull out my earphones and put our song on repeat, slipping back into my daydream. 
  
 “ill text you when i figure it out ok?” i shout from the car window as Alicia gets out to walk into her house.
 
“sure whatever, don’t hurt yourself geez thats the last thing we need” she waves and runs to her door as the car pulls out and continues home. Alicia she knows everything about me. literally everything we actually grew up together in Korea. her name is Kang  Joo Eun but she rather go by her american name. her father works with mine so we have every class together and she gets a ride to and from school. its been that way ever since i can remember. i guess you can say its my fathers way of keeping an eye out for the both of us.
 
“agasshii….”
 
“hmmm?”
 
"oneul-eun appa-ege malhago haeyahabnikka?” (should i inform your father about today? even if i say no chief choi will tell him anyways. noisy. i ignore him and watch the people and cars go by without a care. and that was the last i heard about it. that is until i get home and my phone rings.