Chapter 1

Only Fools Fall

A/N:

So let me just start by saying, I don't think this turned out as good as I had planned.

But nevertheless, please enjoy! :D


Jungkook was playing basketball in gym class when his teacher walked into the gym. Following behind the teacher was a boy that Jungkook had never seen before. “Okay guys, we have a new student. Please welcome him.” The teacher turned to the boy and said, “Please introduce yourself.”

The brunette turned towards the class and bowed. “Hello. My name is Kim Taehyung. Please take care of me.” He bowed again, and when he stood up straight again, he smiled a box-like smile. Jungkook couldn't help but grin. What a nice smile.

Taehyung ran towards the students, trying to join in the game. But, a student put his foot out and tripped him. He fell onto his hands and knees and stayed facing the ground. He didn't get up. That made Jungkook angry for some reason. He walked up to the boy who tripped Taehyung. “Yah! Park Jimin why did you trip him? What did he do to you?”

Jimin just scoffed then walked away. Jungkook hated that boy. He was always mean to the new kids, and he couldn't understand why. Jungkook just shrugged it off and went to help Taehyung get up. “Don't mind him okay? He's always like that to the new kids.” Jungkook looked into his eyes. Taehyung wiped at a tear that had only just fallen onto his cheek then shrugged Jungkook's hands off his arm. Jungkook watched as Taehyung sat by himself in the corner of the gym with his head in his knees. Jungkook frowned, then turned away back to the basketball game.

* * *

“Kookie!” His girlfriend called him as he was leaving the locker room. She quickly grabbed onto Jungkook's arm as they walked to class together.

“Hey babe.” Jungkook grabbed her hand and planted a kiss onto the back of her hand. “Did you have fun in English class?” He swung their arms back and forth as they walked.

“Is that a question?” She scoffed. “Of course I didn't. It's so hard, I don't know how Namjoon oppa caught on so quickly when he was in high school.”

Jungkook had been dating Namjoon's younger sister, NamMi, for about a year now, ever since the beginning of junior year, and he really loved her. She was always there with him during the hard times and the good times. They spent every moment together, every moment possible.

They had arrived to their history class, and they went to their assigned seats. Jungkook used to sit next to NamMi, but because they talked too much, their teacher moved them. Jungkook now sat in the back by with window, and there was an empty desk next to him. But when Jungkook walked into the classroom, he saw a familiar brunette sitting at the desk that was supposed to be empty. He was fiddling with his thumbs, and his head was tilted downwards, not looking at anyone. Jungkook could feel his heart sink, and he didn't know why.

Jungkook sat down next to Taehyung, but he didn't say anything. He figured that Taehyung didn't want to be spoken to. “Okay class,” the teacher began. “We're going to do a research project, and you will need a partner.” Kids quickly began to pick partners, but the teacher interrupted them. “Ah, no. I will pick your partners for you.” The class groaned. The teacher named off the partners. “Jungkook with Taehyung...”

Jungkook noticed Taehyung look at him. Jungkook smiled at him, and Taehyung looked away. Jungkook frowned, then silently promised to himself to get Taehyung to open up. “You have two weeks to finish the project. You will have a little time to do it in class, but you will have to do most of it outside of class.” Jungkook was a little annoyed because he wouldn't be able to hang out with NamMi much for the next two weeks.

* * *

When school was out, Jungkook and NamMi walked out of the school doors and Jungkook spotted Taehyung walking slowly with his head down. Jungkook told NamMi to hold on, and he released his hand from her grip. He ran up to Taehyung and put his arm around his shoulders. Surprisingly, the boy didn't shrug him off.

“Hey Taehyung!” Jungkook said cheerfully. “Want me to come to your house after school starting tomorrow?” Taehyung had stopped in his tracks and his eyes became wide as he finally looked at Jungkook

“N-No! Not my house!” Jungkook was surprised from Taehyung's sudden outburst. “I-I'm sorry, it's just, I would rather go to yours, if that's okay.” He looked away again, and moved away from Jungkook's arm.

Jungkook wasn't sure why he was acting like that, but he agreed. “Okay, my house is fine. See you tomorrow!” Then Jungkook waved and walked away with his girlfriend.

* * *

A few days went by and Taehyung went to Jungkook's house every day as planned. It was weird. Taehyung seemed a lot happier than he did when he was at school. Sometimes, he would never stop talking, but somehow, Jungkook didn't mind. It was usually one of his pet peeves when someone talked too much, but not when Taehyung spoke. Jungkook found himself just looking at Taehyung as he spoke, instead of doing his work.

One day, Taehyung didn't show up, so Jungkook decided to go to town to grab something to eat. But before he could walk into his favorite restaurant, he spotted Taehyung walking with some grocery bags in his hands. Jungkook didn't know what came over him, but he started to feel curious. So, he started following Taehyung. He wanted to see his house, and the reason why Taehyung had freaked out so much when Jungkook had suggested going there a few days ago.

Jungkook had gotten tired by the time they arrived at Taehyung's house. He saw Taehyung stop and look at a house for a while. It was a big house, and it was really beautiful. The look on Taehyung's face was bittersweet. Jungkook had thought that it was Taehyung's house at first, but then he went one house forward. Jungkook stopped in his tracks.

Taehyung's house was really worn down. Jungkook could see the holes in his roof, and the siding was cracked. The front of the house had a window that was broken and the porch was caving in. He walked the rest of the way to his front door, that Taehyung was still standing at. “Taehyung.” Jungkook could see the elder’s shoulders tense up.

Taehyung swung around quickly, dropping his grocery bags. Jungkook walked up the steps to the porch to pick up the items that had rolled out of the bags. “J-Jungkook.” Taehyung had stuttered out after Jungkook had stood back up. He could see tears in the elder's eyes. Jungkook's heart stopped when Taehyung grabbed him into a hug and started crying into his shoulder.

Jungkook didn't know what to do, so he just patted his back until he stopped crying. When he was done, Taehyung pulled his head up from Jungkook's shoulder, but didn't meet the younger's gaze. “I'm sorry.”

“Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything wrong.” Jungkook put his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. “Can I come in? I'll help you put your groceries away.” Taehyung looked scared, but he nodded his head. When they walked in the door, Jungkook finally realized the reason why Taehyung didn't want him to come over. The cabinets in the kitchen were practically falling off the walls. There was no heat in the house at all, and Jungkook could see a bunch of blankets piled up in one corner. He didn't have a bed. He didn't even have a fridge or an oven. “Is this why you didn't want me to come over.”

Taehyung shuffled on his feet. “I didn't want you to see the way I live. It's disgusting I know. You probably want to leave now that you see how I live.” Jungkook could see the pain in Taehyung's eyes.

For some reason, Jungkook wanted to do something for him. He wanted to hold him in his arms and hold him until he felt better. And, he did just that. He grabbed Taehyung by the wrist, and pulled him down to sit on the blankets in the corner of the room. “Look Taehyung, I don't care how you live. I know you, and that's all that matters.” Jungkook wrapped his arms around Taehyung. “But, can I ask, why do you live like this? Where are your parents.”

Taehyung hugged Jungkook back tightly, and rested his chin in his neck. “My parents passed away last year, and when I turned eighteen, I had to leave the foster home, and this was all I could afford. My parents never made much money, so I didn't get much from them when they passed.” Jungkook could feel the tears stinging at his own eyes.

“Oh Tae.” Jungkook looked at Taehyung and used his thumbs to wipe the tears away from his cheeks. Jungkook saw that Taehyung was searching his face. Taehyung's eyes rested on Jungkook's lips. Then Taehyung leaned forward and planted a kiss on Jungkook's lips.

At first, Jungkook didn't respond. He was too surprised, but as the butterflies spread throughout his body, he began kissing Taehyung back. His hands went up and grabbed Taehyung behind the head, pulling him into a deeper kiss. Taehyung slowly pushed Jungkook down onto the blankets. He leaned over Jungkook, and when Taehyung's lips were only centimeters away from his, he panicked as he remembered something. “Tae, I can't.” Taehyung paused, and pulled his head back a little. “I have a girlfriend.

Taehyung swung his leg off of Jungkook and sat beside him. “Sorry,” was all he said. He seemed to become a little sad again, and Jungkook felt pain shoot into his heart. And all at once, he forgot about his girlfriend. He didn't think about her once, as he pushed Taehyung down on the blankets and kissed him once more. Taehyung melted into the kiss, and Jungkook felt things that he had never felt before. Not even with NamMi.

* * *

The next day, Jungkook saw NamMi at school. She called out his name like she always did, but his time, Jungkook didn't feel happy. He felt, almost burdened. “Hey,” is all that he could think to say. He knew he was being unfair to NamMi, but he couldn't help it. He already felt like he was falling out of love with her, and he had only kissed Taehyung once.

Jungkook's entire day was spent with NamMi, and all that was going through his mind was Taehyung. He wondered if he had eaten lunch. He wondered if he was cold the night before. He wondered if Taehyung had gotten enough sleep on that hard cold floor. When NamMi would talk to him, he would just grin a fake grin, and NamMi didn't even realize anything was wrong. Jungkook felt sick. He didn't know what to do.

* * *

History class came around and the teacher had informed them that they were allowed to sit where they wanted for the day. Taehyung had arrived to class last, and when he walked over to sit next to Jungkook, NamMi quickly took his place. Jungkook looked at Taehyung as his eyes went to his feet and he walked away to a new seat for the day. Jungkook frowned. Honestly, he didn't want to sit next to NamMi. He wanted Taehyung by his side. He was looking forward to History class because he thought that he would be able to see the elder.

* * *

When school ended, NamMi walked out with Jungkook, her hand in his. She stopped him right in his tracks and asked, “Kookie what is wrong with you? You haven't talked to me all day and all you have been doing is looking at that new kid.” Just then, Taehyung walked up to them and smiled. NamMi got annoyed, so she grabbed Jungkook's face his her hands and planted a kiss on his lips, then gave Taehyung a fake smile and raised her eyebrows. Taehyung's smile slowly faded, then he walked away.

Jungkook was angry. “What is wrong with you? Why did you do that.” He started walking away from her, going after Taehyung. He didn't get far before NamMi grabbed him by the arm, then turned him around to face her.

NamMi seemed hurt. “Kookie, why does it matter if I kiss you? You're my boyfriend.” She had both hands on Jungkook's arm. Jungkook slowly removed her hands from his arm. He walked backwards, away from her. “Kookie, what are you doing?”

“I'm sorry!” He yelled, then ran off into the direction Taehyung had went, leaving NamMi behind. He ran and ran until he finally saw Taehyung walking with his head down towards the direction of his house.

“Tae!” Jungkook grabbed his arm and turned him around. Tears were falling down his cheeks. Jungkook hated how much that boy cried. It seemed like he was crying every time he sees him. Jungkook's heart hurt. He pulled Taehyung into a hug. “Listen, it's over between her and I. I like you. I'm sorry that she did that in front of you. And I'm sorry I didn't tell her to move when she sat by me in history. You're the only one for me now. You make me feel so good on the inside, more than anyone else ever has!”

“Really?” Taehyung asked. Jungkook nodded and smiled. Taehyung smiled bigger than he had seen him smile since he met him. He moved forward and captured Jungkook into a hug. “Thank god. I thought I was going to die all day.” Jungkook laughed and agreed.

* * *

Jungkook and Taehyung were happy together. Jungkook broke up with NamMi for good. She was upset, but she didn't throw a fit. To his surprise, she ended up dating Park Jimin only a week later.

Jimin seemed to be a happier person once he started dating her. He never tripped another new kid, and he only looked at NamMi. Jungkook still loved NamMi, of course. But, he wasn't in love with her. So, he was happy to find that she found someone so quickly to fill in the pain he gave her with love.

Jungkook started working a part-time job and he helped Taehyung fix up his house. Taehyung had insisted that Jungkook didn't need to help, but the younger just wouldn't listen.

When they graduated high school, Taehyung's house was pretty much fixed, and Taehyung asked Jungkook to move in. Jungkook couldn't be happier, so he agreed.

They were laying in their new bed together after Jungkook moved in with Taehyung. “Hey Tae?” Jungkook asked, then turned his head toward Taehyung. Taehyung raised an eyebrow in question. “I love you.”

A smile spread across Taehyung's face, and he planted a kiss on every inch of Jungkook's face. “I love you too Kookie.”


A/N:

So yeah...that's that. xD

I hope you enjoyed it!

Please vote up and comment!! Will love you forever if you do xD

Okay, Baii~

Chu~