IIㅤㅤ

our song in my head (hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week passes; Hyojin's a busy person, running a coffee shop and just generally being an adult and taking care of herself, so while the incident of meeting Soul.G in her store doesn't always go to the forefront of her mind, it catches her off guard at inopportunate moments when she suddenly thinks of it and generally makes her feel like an idiot.


The more she thinks about it, the more Hyojin is sure that she came off to Soul.G as a giant creep, and that the latter would never ever visit this part of Seoul again, much less her coffeehouse, just to avoid Hyojin. 

It's perhaps a little dramatic, but when she tells Heeyeon as much, the younger sister just shrugged, before offering: "Maybe she just didn't like the coffee."

Which is also what Hyojin couldn't stop thinking about. She knew Solji had thanked her for it, but never actually gave any feedback on it. It's a dumb thing to overthink about, but Hyojin considers her instinctive knowledge of making a stranger's beverage that would suit them is her practical talent at the moment, and she was paranoid about whether she failed at it the one time she needed the most.

When she tells her sister this as well, she receives another shrug from Heeyeon, and "Probably should have just gotten an autograph, then."

Hyojin has no response for that, so she just goes and sulks in the back of the coffeehouse while her sister works the counter. Hyojin continues to feel sorry for herself as she checks their stock, noting that they're low on green tea and she'll probably have to call up Junghwa later in the week. She taps a reminder into her phone so as to not forget that later on.

There isn't actually much to do in the back room, though, since she used the time there to catch up on everything she had previously been procrastinating on. Hyojin debates with herself for a small moment about what to do next; she's not really feeling up to dealing with customers right now, but chances are if she leaves her sister alone outside again, she would break the expresso machine again with her clumsy fingers despite working for almost over a year now. 

However, Hyojin's internal debate is interrupted as Heeyeon bursts into the back room, the closest the older sister has ever seen her sister to actually doing something quickly. Hyojin wishes she had this kind of energy on Monday mornings when they have a line going out the door and only the two of them working the counter, but Hyojin sensed something was off as her sister was smiling, her entire face lit up in excitement.

"Oh my goodness, she's back," Heeyeon whisper-shouts, doing her best to be as quiet as humanly possible and not really achieving it at all. "Soul.G. Why the heck would she even come back here?"

"Hey, Heeyeon," the older sister looks down at her, glaring. "My coffee isn't all that terrible, okay." Hyojin protests, but she couldn't help but agree with her younger sister.

Hyojin's still an obsessed fangirl, though, so she hurries to the front and tries not to get too excited when her sister's right. 

Solji's setting up at the same table as before, laptop out as she unwinds her headphones carefully. 

Hyojin reconsiders her options; thinking maybe that jumping Solji right when she had just entered the door would be ending the singer's second visit rather too quickly, before deciding to just wait behind the coffee counter. She never had a policy about loitering around, so she can't force Soul.G to interact with her, considering how she believes she flunked up in front of her favorite idol. Hyojin's content to just hide in the background this time round.

This all goes out the window when Hyojin's wiping the counters. Someone (Heeyeon) had made a mess while steaming up the milk, and now the dried remains of that mess is sticking the machine to the counter, emitting a stench. Hyojin curses to herself as she wipes it all down, promising herself this time that she's going to have that talk with her younger sister about actually doing her job right.

She was almost done with cleaning up the mess on the counter when she hears a polite cough from behind, followed by an even more polite, "Excuse me?"

Hyojin turns around, recognizing the voice almost immediately as she feels that pang in her chest, and finds Solji standing in front of the counter. (Hyojin prays that she hasn't been standing there for long; long enough to watch Hyojin get overly infested in cleaning the counter.)

Just one meeting one week ago doesn't give Hyojin a good idea on where they stand, so she attempts to go for a casual, wiping her hands on her apron as she makes her way to the main counter, saying, "Hey, what can I get you?"

Solji raises her eyes to consider the menu for one moment, before lowering them back to Hyojin, asking, "The chai tea.. Is that good?"

Hyojin shrugs. She never really drunk tea, not really savoring the taste of it, telling Solji as much and surprising a laugh out of the artist. The former smiles and adds, "I've never really gotten a complaint about it..?"

"Okay, I guess I'll just take a swing at it, then." Solji says in a jokingly manner, grinning as she pulled out her wallet. "One small chai tea, please?"

Hyojin nods, ringing Solji up and turning around to work on the singer's drink. She's slowly commending herself for not doing anything embarrassing or ridiuclous as she fixes Solji's tea. When she turns back around to give the singer her tea. she considers attempting to somehow prolong the interaction between the both of them, but immediately decides against it. No reason to push her luck.

However, karma seems to be acting in her favor because, Solji, upon receiving her drink,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter